[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Quietly Enigmatic • View topic - SPOILERS for Sunflower

SPOILERS for Sunflower

The Eternity Ring (July 1946); The Cage (August 1946); Sunflower (Aug/Sept 1946)

Re: SPOILERS for Sunflower

Postby bee » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:05 pm

Full episode on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Sni3k8U8uU

And yes, it's Sunflower, not The Cage!
There is no one else...
bee

Postby Sunshine » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:10 pm

Just looked over the chapter on "Horse Racing and Illegal Rambling."

I haven't got the requisite capacity for deceit.
Sunshine

Postby starlight » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:17 pm

SUNFLOWER IS UP (Thanks Amiga! :thankyou: )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Sni3k8U8uU

(NB: in spite of label, on YouTube this is NOT Ep 2)
Do I need to remind you...how much you can trust me?
starlight

Postby Englishfan » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:34 pm

Englishfan

Postby amiga » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:45 pm

I would have liked to see Sam tell CF that she's pregnant. She did share her fear of infertility with him so it would have been a nice moment if we could have seen her tell him. Lots of nice moments missing from these episodes.

Amiga
"He's the man men want to be, and the man women want to be with. A good definition of sexy." Anonymous
amiga

Postby starlight » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:02 pm

starlight

Postby Englishfan » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:31 pm

Englishfan

Postby bee » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:37 am

It's fun when celebrities tweet about FW:

Samantha Bond‏@SamanthaBond7 Apr
Fabulous episode of #FoylesWar Great script #AnthonyHorowitz Beautifully directed by #AndyHay Great performances esp #CharlesAitken

Dermot O'Leary Verified account‏@radioleary
This new 'Foyles War' is even better than the old one. Lets get some cocoa on the firm and kick back #rockandroll

P.S. I have sent the link of the FW theme plugged video to Mr. O'Leary, so a second career opening might be in sight :wink:
There is no one else...
bee

Postby starlight » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:35 am

starlight

Postby bee » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:52 am

There is no one else...
bee

Postby Lynnedean » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:12 am

"Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long." ~ Ogden Nash
Lynnedean

Postby jewell » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:52 am

"When they ask why, I'll go: well, it's the least, no, honestly, it's the very bloody least I could do!

"And not just decked him. No! Fried the devious, dirty bastard to a crisp in the luxury of his over-waxed car!"
jewell

Postby Lynnedean » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:22 am

It's just me being picky, Jewell, but the timing of it, and the way it appeared to be being done, bothers me. What Gibson was suspected of doing wasn't the sort of thing that MI5 would be concerned about, so Foyle was only helping Sam "on the side" as it were, the copper in him unable to keep his nose out, and he was in the first stage of making inquiries. I just can't believe that, at that point in the investigation, he would have arranged the monitoring of the line; it was, to my mind, both premature and OTT. I have to put it down to it being simply a plot contrivance to enable Foyle quickly to solve the sub-plot. On top of that the method of monitoring seemed odd to me; I'd like to know how it was supposedly being done.
"Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long." ~ Ogden Nash
Lynnedean

Postby jewell » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:26 pm

No, Lynne, Sam arranged the wiretap. Our Man knew nothing about it.

That's why I say she's gotten pretty nervy and frankly, I don't like it.

Sam was always a stalwart, good citizen, girl scout type. Yes, she made blunders but they were good-hearted, well meaning, non law breaking blunders.

The stuff she's up to now... I really don't see Foyle putting up with it, at all. And they've written him all "be careful, Sam" when he should have been tearing into her.

Anyhoo, more Foyle to enjoy, speculate on, complain about. What could be better?

Jewell
"When they ask why, I'll go: well, it's the least, no, honestly, it's the very bloody least I could do!

"And not just decked him. No! Fried the devious, dirty bastard to a crisp in the luxury of his over-waxed car!"
jewell

Postby starlight » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:17 pm

starlight

Postby historianheidi » Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:11 pm

Having rewatched the episode again-and liking it more on second viewing, Sam's behaviour re the Gibson subplot is the only thing that still really jars with me.

It just seems so extreme and out of character for her to do that. I can understand her wanting to help Adam but not to the extent of effectively breaking the law over something comparatively minor.I could only just about see her doing what she did as a last resort if Adam's or CF's life was in danger-and even then it would be at a push.

I know she's changed a lot in the last year, but I think for me that took her to the point of being almost completely unrecognisable from the Sam we got to know in the wartime episodes.
historianheidi

Postby Lynnedean » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:37 pm

Of course, you're right, Jewell, Sam arranged the wire tap. But that makes it worse! Did she say it had been ordered by Foyle? (Sorry, I can't remember exactly how it came about and I don't have time to find the scene in the ep.) If she didn't do it in Foyle's name, then I don't see how she could have done it at all, because she wouldn't have had the authority to order it herself.
Lynnedean

Postby Englishfan » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:42 pm

Englishfan

Postby Samfan » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:58 pm

"It's got so much chalk in it I'm not sure if we should eat it or write with it."
"What are you going to do for the rest of your life, fish? There's bigger fish to be caught here."
Samfan

Postby jewell » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:13 pm

jewell

PreviousNext

Return to Series 8 (March-April 2013)