SNOW????

Hey there neighbour, what's new?

Re: SNOW????

Postby kitchentease » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:35 am

It's here!
But, what does the brain matter....compared to the heart?
kitchentease

Postby Wolesley » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:21 am

So last weekend was absolutely gorgeous weather here in 'the lower mainland', with clear blue skies and temperatures a summery 22 degrees Celsius (71.6 F).
And on Thursday it snowed!!! :eek: Crazy.
Might snow again tomorrow, the forecast says.

Lesley
I'm a pole selector; I select poles.
Wolesley

Postby Katiek » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:59 pm

Just like life in Colorado. Summer one day - winter the next. But love it!
Katiek

Postby Samfan » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:01 pm

Finally got a proper snow! (Well, not much--but at least its sticking!)
Attachments
Driveway_Snow_Nov_10_17_opt.jpg
Driveway_Snow_Nov_10_17_opt.jpg (7.19 KiB) Viewed 1903 times
Early_Snow_Nov_10_2017_opt.jpg
Early_Snow_Nov_10_2017_opt.jpg (8.32 KiB) Viewed 1903 times
"It's got so much chalk in it I'm not sure if we should eat it or write with it."
"What are you going to do for the rest of your life, fish? There's bigger fish to be caught here."
Samfan

Postby Sunshine » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:35 pm

We sneaked (snuck?) into the 50s as a low temperature in late October. We're supposed to be cooler again next week. :D
Just looked over the chapter on "Horse Racing and Illegal Rambling."

I haven't got the requisite capacity for deceit.
Sunshine

Postby Samfan » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:02 am

Lots of snow here from Christmas Eve until now. Winter Storm Warning from 8:00pm tonight until 12:00am Jan. 1. Lovely to watch while ensconced in a blanket.
Attachments
Dec_30_Snow_opt.jpg
Dec_30_Snow_opt.jpg (6.97 KiB) Viewed 1799 times
"It's got so much chalk in it I'm not sure if we should eat it or write with it."
"What are you going to do for the rest of your life, fish? There's bigger fish to be caught here."
Samfan

Postby Sunshine » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:09 pm

Hope everyone is bundled up from the cold and snowy weather across the eastern US!!!! :eek:
Just looked over the chapter on "Horse Racing and Illegal Rambling."

I haven't got the requisite capacity for deceit.
Sunshine

Re: SNOW!

Postby Lynnedean » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:35 am

Golly gosh, right now there's more snow in my part of the country than I've seen in many a long year! Six inches deep, and it's blizzard conditions at the moment, so it's getting deeper by the minute!

Do I need to say that I'm loving this?

Thought not. :D

:snowman:
"Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long." ~ Ogden Nash
Lynnedean

Postby Samfan » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:58 am

Lynnedean wrote:Golly gosh, right now there's more snow in my part of the country than I've seen in many a long year! Six inches deep, and it's blizzard conditions at the moment, so it's getting deeper by the minute!

Do I need to say that I'm loving this?

Thought not. :D

:snowman:

What fun for you! Did your blizzard last long? How many inches altogether? Do you think it will be the right kind of snow to build a snowman?
Samfan

Postby Lynnedean » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:11 am

Samfan wrote:Did your blizzard last long? How many inches altogether? Do you think it will be the right kind of snow to build a snowman?

Went on for quite a while, Samfan. It snowed again overnight, but not much. It's coming down again this morning, though, and looks as though it means business. It's about a foot deep in places on my driveway, and of course I've attempted to build a snowman, but, frustratingly, the snow is the soft and fluffy kind, so it's extrememly difficult to get it to stick together. What I've got on my front lawn at the moment is not exactly a snowman; it's just a little-heap of snow with a hat on. Botheration! :-?

After complaining for years that my area of the UK never gets a decent snowfall, I've got more snow this winter than I know what to do with! My county is being very heavily hit. All main roads through it are reported this morning as being impassible; in some cases even snow ploughs have been unable to get through, and the army has been called in to help.

As they say: be careful what you wish for. :lol:
"Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long." ~ Ogden Nash
Lynnedean

Postby kitchentease » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:07 am

You could always make a snow angel, Lynne, your soft, fluffy snow would be perfect!
But, what does the brain matter....compared to the heart?
kitchentease

Postby Lynnedean » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:13 am

kitchentease wrote:You could always make a snow angel, Lynne, your soft, fluffy snow would be perfect!

"Too late!" was the cry! True to form in this area, after only a few days, all the blinkin' snow disappeared overnight!
Lynnedean

Postby Samfan » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:40 pm

Samfan

Postby Lynnedean » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:40 pm

Wonderful, Samfan! I can see that the builders of those snowdaleks also had trouble with fluffy snow, as they've had difficulty creating well-defined shapes. Terrific job, though. :D
Lynnedean

Previous

Return to Over the Back Fence