Caught in the Light

Re: Caught in the Light

Postby starlight » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:15 am

Perhaps if you spent less time fiddling with your icons you'd have fewer unread messages. :lol:
I wager this thread with now go severely off-topic.
*Yells* Aaaadmiiiiin!
Do I need to remind you...how much you can trust me?
starlight

Postby Jillybean » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:25 am

The horribles from a lack of sleep means I can't even find the right thread :sad:

Junk emails I haven't deleted yet lol
There's something about you fascinates me...
Jillybean

Postby jewell » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:01 pm

Wow, I love it!

I wish I were as talented as you are, Jilly. But it's probably for the best, since my SO barely puts up with my "other man" as it is. I don't even dare use MK as wallpaper. :whistling:

Sorry about the insomnia. It's a curse, for sure. I suffer, too. Luckily, I'll suffer for a few nights and then have one or two good nights sleep. I think those few good nights make all the difference in the world.

Hoping you have a good night, tonight.

Jewell
"When they ask why, I'll go: well, it's the least, no, honestly, it's the very bloody least I could do!

"And not just decked him. No! Fried the devious, dirty bastard to a crisp in the luxury of his over-waxed car!"
jewell

Postby Sunshine » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:48 pm

Well no wonder you couldn't sleep, Jilly! :D That's great!

Seriously, hope your nights get more restful soon. Image
Just looked over the chapter on "Horse Racing and Illegal Rambling."

I haven't got the requisite capacity for deceit.
Sunshine

Postby Samfan » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:33 pm

I just started listening to this for a second time (I tried back in October, but stopped). I find myself taking the looonngg way to everywhere I have to go today, just to listen to it :biggrin:

Samfan :geek:
"It's got so much chalk in it I'm not sure if we should eat it or write with it."
"What are you going to do for the rest of your life, fish? There's bigger fish to be caught here."
Samfan

Postby Samfan » Wed May 28, 2014 7:21 pm

I just now finished listening to Caught in the Light for the second time. Still loved it--I had forgotten many parts of it, so I didn't find it boring.

I have Beyond Recall waiting in the wings, but might listen to a short story before starting that (don't like to read/listen to an author too many times too close together). Maybe I'll try MK's reading of Olalla (I wasn't thrilled with this one the first time around) or The Body Snatchers.

Samfan
"It's got so much chalk in it I'm not sure if we should eat it or write with it."
"What are you going to do for the rest of your life, fish? There's bigger fish to be caught here."
Samfan

Postby starlight » Wed May 28, 2014 7:28 pm

Samfan wrote:I just now finished listening to Caught in the Light for the second time. Still loved it--I had forgotten many parts of it, so I didn't find it boring.

I have Beyond Recall waiting in the wings, but might listen to a short story before starting that (don't like to read/listen to an author too many times too close together). Maybe I'll try MK's reading of Olalla (I wasn't thrilled with this one the first time around) or The Body Snatchers.

Samfan

Robert Goddard's stuff is in a class of its own: so clever, beautifully expressed and intricately-plotted. And the experience is further elevated by MK's excellent reading. I could listen to them all in tandem, and indefinitely.
starlight

Postby amiga » Thu May 29, 2014 12:06 am

Samfan wrote: (don't like to read/listen to an author too many times too close together). Maybe I'll try MK's reading of Olalla (I wasn't thrilled with this one the first time around) or The Body Snatchers.

Samfan

MK's reading?????

I've only listened to MK's audio books and could listen to them over and over....and I have.

Amiga
"He's the man men want to be, and the man women want to be with. A good definition of sexy." Anonymous
amiga

Postby Samfan » Thu May 29, 2014 12:38 am

amiga wrote:
Samfan wrote: (don't like to read/listen to an author too many times too close together). Maybe I'll try MK's reading of Olalla (I wasn't thrilled with this one the first time around) or The Body Snatchers.

Samfan

MK's reading?????

I've only listened to MK's audio books and could listen to them over and over....and I have.

Amiga

Oops--sorry--misspoke. I meant I didn't like the story of Olalla; I always like listening to MK.

:shock: Goodness. Didn't mean to start anything :lol:

Samfan
Samfan

Postby amiga » Thu May 29, 2014 12:42 am

Whew! Thought I had just about all of them. Was about to spend the night searching for those two! :lol:

Enjoy.

Amiga
"He's the man men want to be, and the man women want to be with. A good definition of sexy." Anonymous
amiga

Postby Samfan » Thu May 29, 2014 12:52 am

amiga wrote:Whew! Thought I had just about all of them. Was about to spend the night searching for those two! :lol:

Enjoy.

Amiga

MK did read Robert Louis Stevenson's The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde and other Tales of Terror, which included the stories:

-The strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
-Olalla
-The Body Snatchers

I listened to it a few years ago, getting it off of Audible. Its there; I just checked.

Samfan
Samfan

Postby amiga » Thu May 29, 2014 1:03 am

Right, forgot about those. I only listened to it once so I didn't recall them being part of it.

Might give it another listen one of these days. Too many others I love more.

Amiga
amiga

Postby Wolesley » Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:57 pm

Have been listening to this today while doing a major cleaning project, and had to laugh at the line, on the 'morning after' during breakfast, when Marion offers to be his driver, spoken by Ian, "Well, the pay's lousy, the hours long, and the boss won't be able to keep his hands off you."
:samkiss: :biggrin:

Lesley
I'm a pole selector; I select poles.
Wolesley

Postby starlight » Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:10 pm

starlight

Postby kitchenwonder » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:58 am

I've recently completed listening to this book. (I have acquired several others, but this is my first.) I listened as I wound down after the day and, as some of you experienced, I kept falling asleep. But finally after re-listening to many sections, I made it through. Very interesting. I wonder why I have never heard of Robert Goddard before.

I agree with ayresorchids:
ayresorchids wrote:One problem I've found I have (and as a fan, I feel a little guilty about it) is that I cannot lie down and listen to Mr K read at all. His voice is far too soothing, no matter how appealing and fascinating the book, and I am quickly sound asleep. (Helpful with insomnia, although I then have to re-locate my place in the book!)

I've decided to use MK's soothing voice to my advantage and now fall asleep with Him in my ears every night! :cloud9:

I have very pleasant dreams! :whistling:
"Well...The Foyles, you know, always have been hard to resist." (Enemy Fire S3E2)
"If Michael Kitchen played a corpse, you would still watch him more than anyone else." (Jaci Stephen, The Mail, November 3, 2002)
kitchenwonder

Previous

Return to Voice