[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Quietly Enigmatic • View topic - Shylock Is My Name

Shylock Is My Name

Re: Shylock Is My Name

Postby amiga » Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:36 pm

I haven't had a chance to buy it yet. Or, I should say I'm holding off since a struggle with iTunes will be inevitable. Since it's just a download, can you get it through Amazon, US? I see it on the UK site. Wonder why a download would be restricted to you.

Amiga
"He's the man men want to be, and the man women want to be with. A good definition of sexy." Anonymous
amiga

Postby Wolesley » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:24 pm

I was on the U.S. site, Amiga.
Amazon Canada will allow me to get the hardcover book and the Kindle ebook, but not the audiobook on Audible, at this time. Maybe it will become available at a later date.

Lesley :puzzled:
Wolesley

Postby kitchentease » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:53 pm

I was able to download it from Audible this morning. I don't think it will be my cup of tea, even with MK reading it, but I can always return it. Off topic, sort of, I have just finished reading The Secret Life of William Shakespeare by Jude Morgan. It's an intriguing and beautifully written take on the person behind the player and playwright - suggests that Shakespeare was never quite sure of who he really was. Call me obsessed if you like, but the author's descriptions of Shakespeare brought only one person to mind.
Last edited by kitchentease on Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
But, what does the brain matter....compared to the heart?
kitchentease

Postby Wolesley » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:27 pm

Well, this is quite puzzling, since we are in the same area, KT! Even when I do a search on Audible for the title or author, it doesn't come up in the results.
And I have a credit to spend!
:foyle2:
Lesley
Wolesley

Postby Lynnedean » Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:47 am

"Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long." ~ Ogden Nash
Lynnedean

Postby amiga » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:00 pm

I just signed up for my Audible free trial. After an hour of trying to figure it out, it turns out that it is very easy to get the book on your iPod, iPhone, etc. Download the free Audible app on your device, select iTunes when downloading, and the book goes into the App. I might just keep the subscription after 30 days. The second free book took no time to download to my iPod.

Amiga
"He's the man men want to be, and the man women want to be with. A good definition of sexy." Anonymous
amiga

Postby Lynnedean » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:30 pm

"Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long." ~ Ogden Nash
Lynnedean

Postby amiga » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:06 pm

amiga

Postby Lynnedean » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:32 pm

Lynnedean

Postby amiga » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:44 pm

amiga

Postby kitchentease » Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:53 pm

Not sure why the Amazon reviews were so negative for the book, given the current CAD/USD exchange rate, without MK as the reader I would have passed on it, I am so glad I didn't. The parallels to The Merchant of Venice may feel artificial but, if you allow the book to stand alone, it is extraordinary. To say that I am enjoying it would be a misnomer; it's not "enjoyable" but thought-provoking and enlightening, and MK is the perfect reader for it.
But, what does the brain matter....compared to the heart?
kitchentease

Postby amiga » Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:18 pm

amiga

Previous

Return to Voice