[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Quietly Enigmatic • View topic - The Great Train Robbery

The Great Train Robbery

Re: The Great Train Robbery

Postby Katiek » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:54 pm

Will check it out! He has the most amazing and expressive voice.
Katiek

Postby dcfoylefan » Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:07 pm

I'm a happy Itunes user, except when it comes to getting audiobooks loaded.

I've settled on using Google Play. It's truly drag and drop. Even if you don't use gmail, I highly recommend getting an account so Kitchen can read to you!
aka britishdetectives.tumblr.com
dcfoylefan

Postby flybybee » Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:36 pm

I got my copy yesterday! Not sure why it was sent out early but I'm not complaining. It's loaded in to iTunes and I'm going to start it later today. Eight hours and 40 minutes of MK's voice coming up!
flybybee

Postby amiga » Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:56 pm

Lucky you. Audible is still saying Oct. 6. It will be my first attempt to download a book to iTunes. I'm going to sign up for a free trial and get it for free :biggrin:

Looking forward to hearing what you think.

Amiga
"He's the man men want to be, and the man women want to be with. A good definition of sexy." Anonymous
amiga

Postby kitchenwonder » Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:45 pm

"Well...The Foyles, you know, always have been hard to resist." (Enemy Fire S3E2)
"If Michael Kitchen played a corpse, you would still watch him more than anyone else." (Jaci Stephen, The Mail, November 3, 2002)
kitchenwonder

Postby flybybee » Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:01 pm

Yes-it's definitely him. It says so on the CD case but I also listened to a couple of minutes to be sure because of the discussion here!

I am curious as to when he recorded this. There is an earlier audio version narrated by Michael Crumpsy, who I do not know, released in 2001. It's no longer available so there shouldn't be any confusion as to which narrator you get. I hope he did it recently so maybe he's ready to do more.
flybybee

Postby amiga » Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:13 pm

This was posted on the Audio Factory website. Unfortunately, there is no date.

"Audio Factory has produced audio books for both UK based publishers and suppliers including US based Amazon subsidiary Brilliance Audio, most recently on Michael Crichton’s ‘The Great Train Robbery’ which was narrated by Michael Kitchen (Foyle’s War). Additionally, we work directly with many authors including New York Times Bestseller Mary Jo Putney. Our productions are available on Audible, Amazon and iTunes and can advise our clients on how to upload to platforms such as ACX. "

Amiga
"He's the man men want to be, and the man women want to be with. A good definition of sexy." Anonymous
amiga

Postby Wolesley » Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:25 pm

To answer flybybee:
From Orchard Recording Studio blog, mentioned earlier in this thread by Bee:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1531&start=20#p14225

July 15, 2015
Well, again it has been a busy six months... Michael Kitchen from the ITV Drama series Foyles War also visited the studio to work with Audio Factory on the audio book The Great Train Robbery by Michael Crichton.

So it was in the first half of this year.

Lesley
Wolesley

Postby amiga » Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:39 pm

amiga

Postby amiga » Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:13 pm

amiga

Postby amiga » Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:38 am

Decided I wanted a hard copy and ordered the CD. Don't know why they are still showing Oct. 6. Mine will be delivered on Tues.

Has anyone listened to it yet? Looking forward to it...need a new MK fix.

Amiga
amiga

Postby Samfan » Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:28 am

I preordered mine off of Audible yesterday. (I have an Audible account). Says October 6. Looking forward to it. Need to start an easy knitting project so I can listen to it (I don't drive around as much as I use to, and I always need something like driving or simple knitting to help me concentrate. If I do something like cooking or cleaning while listening, I am constantly rewinding. As much as I like hearing MK's voice, too much rewinding is annoying).

Samfan
"It's got so much chalk in it I'm not sure if we should eat it or write with it."
"What are you going to do for the rest of your life, fish? There's bigger fish to be caught here."
Samfan

Postby flybybee » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:18 am

flybybee

Postby amiga » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:42 am

amiga

Postby BookwormKate » Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:12 pm

Great information about this - I am off to download it now! :D Can't wait to have another audiobook narrated by MK!
"You could do with a good chat then..."
BookwormKate

Postby amiga » Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:33 am

Anyone listening to this?

Amiga
amiga

Postby flybybee » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:27 am

flybybee

Postby amiga » Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:33 pm

I haven't gotten that far into it yet. Only have a half hour a day when I walk....thank you, Michael, for giving me the incentive! I agree about the acting. Wonder how many times he has to read the book to get all the voices, pauses, sighs etc. down. I, too, enjoy hearing him say certain words. His name is on the top of my list! Also enjoying the historical details. Interesting period of time.

It's so good to hear his voice in something new. Hopefully, one of these days we will get to see the face that goes with the voice.

Thanks for your critique, flybybee.

Amiga
amiga

Postby Samfan » Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:18 am

I'm downloading it now from Audible. This will get me out for a lunchtime walk. I may have to take an evening walk also!! :biggrin:

Samfan
"It's got so much chalk in it I'm not sure if we should eat it or write with it."
"What are you going to do for the rest of your life, fish? There's bigger fish to be caught here."
Samfan

Postby Wolesley » Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:23 pm

Hmph, my estimated delivery dates are Nov. 13 - 26th! Amazon must be still building the drone to deliver it to my balcony! :rofl:

Lesley
Wolesley

PreviousNext

Return to Voice