[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Quietly Enigmatic • View topic - Michael Kitchen audio books - list

Michael Kitchen audio books - list

Re: MK Audio Bks--Wuthering Heights

Postby Lynnedean » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:58 pm

The second will simply be a re-release of the same recording, Samfan. There are other release dates, too - I have the cassette tapes released 1996, and a CD set released 2000. They're all the same recording.

~ Lynne
"Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long." ~ Ogden Nash
Lynnedean

Re: Michael Kitchen audio books - list

Postby Samfan » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:36 pm

Thanks so much, Lynne!!

Samfan
"It's got so much chalk in it I'm not sure if we should eat it or write with it."
"What are you going to do for the rest of your life, fish? There's bigger fish to be caught here."
Samfan

Postby amiga » Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:06 am

I have to give WH another try. For some reason I just couldn't get into it. Read the book, saw the movie, etc., but......

Amiga
"He's the man men want to be, and the man women want to be with. A good definition of sexy." Anonymous
amiga

Postby Lynnedean » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:26 pm

Good to see that Mr K has added to his audio book recordings. Many thanks to those who alerted us to the new titles. :thumbsup:

The list at the head of this thread is now updated.

~ Lynne
"Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long." ~ Ogden Nash
Lynnedean

Postby amiga » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:42 pm

"He's the man men want to be, and the man women want to be with. A good definition of sexy." Anonymous
amiga

Postby Lynnedean » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:14 pm

Lynnedean

Postby ayresorchids » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:29 pm

Welcome back, Lynne! Hope it was a lovely trip. :wave:
...And I do hope that you find somebody who deserves you.
ayresorchids

Postby WitTea » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:26 pm

Let me start by saying thank you for all the information with regard to the audio books. Just one question how do you search for them on the specific sites?
WitTea

Postby ayresorchids » Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:20 pm

I mostly found the ones I have by googling a title and MK's name, WitTea. This site has quite a few:

http://www.audible.com/search?filterby= ... x_1_1&x=11

(If that link does not work for you, go to www.audible.com, and use the search box in the upper lefthand corner. Search by Narrator and type in Michael Kitchen to see their eleven items on offer.)
...And I do hope that you find somebody who deserves you.
ayresorchids

Postby menopausalgoddess » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:54 pm

The BBC Site at http://www.audiogo.com/uk/catalogsearch ... el+kitchen has some special offers on his audios at the moment.
menopausalgoddess

Postby amiga » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:31 pm

amiga

Postby menopausalgoddess » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:45 pm

Quite right, it's some other 'Michael' - thought I hadn't come across it.
The other three are his though.
menopausalgoddess

Postby Samfan » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:43 pm

I was just on Audible UK, and I did an advanced search for narrators (Michael Kitchen). At the top of the list of 10 was:
"Brother Cadfael Mysteries: Dead Man's Ransom". Has anyone listened to this? It is a dramatization narrated by MK, but stars Phillip Madoc (and Susannah York). Here's the URL:

Samfan
"It's got so much chalk in it I'm not sure if we should eat it or write with it."
"What are you going to do for the rest of your life, fish? There's bigger fish to be caught here."
Samfan

Postby Lynnedean » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:38 pm

Lynnedean

Postby amiga » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:55 pm

amiga

Postby amiga » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:02 pm

Here's some info on AudioGo. Seems Amazon bought their catalog.

http://www.the-digital-reader.com/2013/ ... 1b0aFdQoQA

Amiga
amiga

Postby Samfan » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:25 pm

Thanks Lynne and Amiga. For you American readers/listeners, here is Downpour:

Maybe I'll give the Brother Cadfael Mystery a miss for now.

By the way, I was just on Audible (US) and Audible UK this afternoon, and searched for Robert Goddard. Only 3 of his books came up. Missing were the 3 narrated by Michael Kitchen that I was able to download:
Set in Stone (10-21-12-downloaded)
Caught in the Light (12-28-12-downloaded)
Painting the Darkness (12-28-12-downloaded)
(I know Audible (US) had them because they are in my history).

So, does anyone know why now, a bit over a year later, Audible does not have them? Are they not selling enough, so they removed them? Are they out of stock (you'd think that they would say)? I"m happy I got them when I did (yes, after getting Caught in the Light and listening to it first on cassette, I bought it in audio format--in case the cassettes gave out :obsessed: ). Too bad for people who want these...

(why yes, I've been procrasinating..... :ugeek: :D )

Samfan
Samfan

Postby kitchentease » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:24 pm

MK's audio books are almost impossible to purchase from Canada and it's driving me crazy. Even if they are available on Audible UK or US, because of copyright restrictions, if the billing address for the credit card is in Canada you can't purchase the audiobook. Any ideas on how to persuade publishers to sort out digital rights management issues so people like me can just pay the money and listen to the reader we prefer?
But, what does the brain matter....compared to the heart?
kitchentease

Postby Wolesley » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:52 am

I've bought the big old cases of 12 - 20 audio cassettes for many of the books he's read. They still work, of course, on my old Sony Walkman. :biggrin:
But I've had to find them on eBay over the years, so, alas, Mr. K wouldn't get any residuals for the resale. Sorry: :foyle3:

Lesley
Wolesley

Postby dcfoylefan » Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:36 pm

The Goddard stuff seems to have disappeared from Itunes as well. Sigh. He's nearly finished reading Painting the Darkness to me. What next? :toetap:
aka britishdetectives.tumblr.com
dcfoylefan

PreviousNext

Return to Voice