Listening to MK audiobooks

Listening to MK audiobooks

Postby Samfan » Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:15 pm

I was just listening to Beyond Recall and I had this thought: I always picture the main character as MK. So to me, Chris Napier looks like MK.

Anyone else have the same thought?

Samfan
"It's got so much chalk in it I'm not sure if we should eat it or write with it."
"What are you going to do for the rest of your life, fish? There's bigger fish to be caught here."
Samfan

Re: Listening to MK audiobooks

Postby ayresorchids » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:36 pm

I know I did that with all the Robert Goddard stuff. Don't tend to picture him as Aurelio Zen, though.

'Course, given half the chance, I cast him as the desirable male in most books I read. Sometimes the character is too tall or has brown eyes. I just ignore it. :rofl:
...And I do hope that you find somebody who deserves you.
ayresorchids

Postby Samfan » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:05 pm

I think I do this because it is written in the first person, and because I've seen MK on the screen. I've listened to some Inspector Lynley audiobooks, and alway picture him and Barbara Havers as the actors in the TV series (even though Lynley is blond in the books and Barbara Havers is somewhat overweight). I picture Aurelio Zen as tall, dark, and well, obviously, Italian. :eyeroll:
:geek:

Samfan
"It's got so much chalk in it I'm not sure if we should eat it or write with it."
"What are you going to do for the rest of your life, fish? There's bigger fish to be caught here."
Samfan

Postby amiga » Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:52 pm

I have pictured MK as Scobie in Heart of the Matter and also as Christopher Burton in Destiny, as well as Chris Napier. Definitely not Aurelio Zen....maybe because I keep picturing Rufus Sewell who played the character on TV.

Amiga
"He's the man men want to be, and the man women want to be with. A good definition of sexy." Anonymous
amiga

Postby Englishfan » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:57 pm

Anyone ever picture their husband as Michael Kitchen? :obsessed:

Don't even answer. :noidea:

E'fan
Englishfan

Postby amiga » Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:21 am

Englishfan wrote:Anyone ever picture their husband as Michael Kitchen? :obsessed:

E'fan

The answer is "yes". Oh, wait, I don't have a husband. Answer is still, "yes" :cloud9:

Amiga
"He's the man men want to be, and the man women want to be with. A good definition of sexy." Anonymous
amiga

Postby Samfan » Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:49 am

Oh my goodness! I honestly didn't mean to start anything! :awkward: :oops:

Samfan
Samfan

Postby Englishfan » Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:02 pm

Samfan wrote:Oh my goodness! I honestly didn't mean to start anything! :awkward: :oops:

Samfan

When Mr. Kitchen isn't filming, it doesn't take much to "start something" as we must rely on our imaginations! :eyeroll:

Englishfan
Englishfan

Postby Sunshine » Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:17 pm

amiga wrote:
Englishfan wrote:Anyone ever picture their husband as Michael Kitchen? :obsessed:

E'fan

The answer is "yes". Oh, wait, I don't have a husband. Answer is still, "yes" :cloud9:

Amiga

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Just looked over the chapter on "Horse Racing and Illegal Rambling."

I haven't got the requisite capacity for deceit.
Sunshine

Postby BookwormKate » Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:25 pm

Samfan wrote:I was just listening to Beyond Recall and I had this thought: I always picture the main character as MK. So to me, Chris Napier looks like MK.

Anyone else have the same thought?

Samfan

Me too! Especially in the Robert Goddard books because they are often in the first person. Glad I'm not the only one! :biggrin:
I also picture him as Fluke Kelso in Archangel (my favourite of MK's audio books).
"You could do with a good chat then..."
BookwormKate

Postby Lynnedean » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:54 am

Archangel is top of my list, too, Bookworm Kate. I also have Anton Lesser's recording of an abridged version. I don't picture either men as Kelso, but then I don't usually picture the readers of audio books as any of the characters in the stories, even those that are written in first person.
"Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long." ~ Ogden Nash
Lynnedean

Postby Samfan » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:05 am

Lynnedean wrote:Archangel is top of my list, too, Bookworm Kate. I also have Anton Lesser's recording of an abridged version. I don't picture either men as Kelso, but then I don't usually picture the readers of audio books as any of the characters in the stories, even those that are written in first person.

Such discipline you have Lynne!! :lol:

Samfan
Samfan

Postby TicketyBoo » Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:58 am

amiga wrote:I have pictured MK as Scobie in Heart of the Matter and also as Christopher Burton in Destiny, as well as Chris Napier. Definitely not Aurelio Zen....maybe because I keep picturing Rufus Sewell who played the character on TV.

Amiga

I agree with Amiga about Rufus Sewall as Aurelio Zen. I'm on my third Zen audio book read by Michael Kitchen. :naughtybrow: I picture Rufus with MK's voice. Can be somewhat hazardous while driving... :sick:

Tickety Boo
TicketyBoo

Postby amiga » Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:33 am

There should be a warning label on MK's audio books. "Caution while driving. Can be mesmerizing"
amiga

Postby Sunshine » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:15 am

I'm sorry the Zen television series with Sewell was discontinued; I thought it (and he :thumbsup: ) made for great viewing.

Sunshine

Postby TicketyBoo » Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:25 pm

Sunshine wrote:I'm sorry the Zen television series with Sewell was discontinued; I thought it (and he :thumbsup: ) made for great viewing.

So glad to find a kindred spirit, Sunshine! I, too, was put out by the cancellation of Rufus on my TV on Sunday nights at 9.
But he lives on -- albeit with Michael Kitchen's voice -- in my audio books. Sigh.
TicketyBoo
TicketyBoo

Postby Sunshine » Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:22 pm

Love your avatar, TicketyBoo! :foyle1:

Sunshine

Postby TicketyBoo » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:04 am

Sunshine wrote:Love your avatar, TicketyBoo! :foyle1:

Many thanks, Sunshine! :wink:
TBoo
TicketyBoo

Return to Voice