Reckless

Re: Reckless

Postby Sunshine » Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:55 pm

It's OK.....I think most of us like Richard Crane more than we're "supposed to"! I think it has to do with the guy playing him..... :thumbsup:
Just looked over the chapter on "Horse Racing and Illegal Rambling."

I haven't got the requisite capacity for deceit.
Sunshine

Postby Pers » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:06 pm

Who, the short balding guy? Nah....

:foyle5: :foylekiss:
Pers

Postby bellis » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:26 pm

I've now finished watching Reckless and thoroughly enjoyed it, I especially loved the two fight scenes. Now to track down the sequel, which sounds just as much fun. I've found it on YouTube but the ending seems to be missing.
bellis

Postby Pers » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:33 pm

bellis wrote:I've now finished watching Reckless and thoroughly enjoyed it, I especially loved the two fight scenes. Now to track down the sequel, which sounds just as much fun. I've found it on YouTube but the ending seems to be missing.

I liked the movie more - possibly because there was less Owen and Anna (and Viv whom I didn't like much either...) Plus Richard's parents are in it and they're funny.
Pers

Postby Babba » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:15 pm

nipluckett wrote:There is a scene in "Doomsday Gun" that I've always thought ended in an ad lib from Frank Langella. They are all standing around listening as Mr. Langella delivers a speech about their project and then says as he walks away something like , "I'm the boss because I'm taller than the rest of you." The broad grin from MK is uncharacteristic and delightful.

I agree. I watched this last night and MK was totally cracking up.
Babba

Postby menopausalgoddess » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:18 pm

Decided to watch Reckless The Sequel, when I eventually found it.

Tears rolling down my face - whoever could prefer Robson Green to MK - no contest :oops:
Last edited by menopausalgoddess on Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
menopausalgoddess

Postby menopausalgoddess » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:11 pm

... after watching 8 parts of The Sequel on YT, I find that the ending isn't there :asking:
Can anyone tell me if I miss anything significant with regard to MK - Part 8 ends with Owen and Anna about to get married in the church.
I'm rather frustrated that I don't know the ending.

Mind you, I have enjoyed all the MK action up to that point, what a man :obsessed:

Thanks.
menopausalgoddess

Postby Samfan » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:16 am

I just ordered the whole Reckless/sequel set off of Amazon. Can't wait to get it. Wednesday can't come fast enough!! :D

Samfan
"It's got so much chalk in it I'm not sure if we should eat it or write with it."
"What are you going to do for the rest of your life, fish? There's bigger fish to be caught here."
Samfan

Postby menopausalgoddess » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:00 am

Screen cap album at http://s19.photobucket.com/user/lindkaa ... -%20SEQUEL

password is his surname
menopausalgoddess

Postby Samfan » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:55 pm

Just got my copy of Reckless!! (it includes the sequel). Can't wait to watch it tonight. Perfect timing as it has been a rather stressful day.

Only thing is, I ordered it completely forgetting that Masterpiece Theatre cuts parts out (its the "as seen on public television" version--which is what I viewed when watching it throught Netflix). Anybody know how different it is from the original British version?

Samfan
"It's got so much chalk in it I'm not sure if we should eat it or write with it."
"What are you going to do for the rest of your life, fish? There's bigger fish to be caught here."
Samfan

Postby Lynnedean » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:03 am

Worry not, Samfan, the tag "as seen on public television" seems only to be a plug for PBS and the kinds of shows viewers will find there. I have the MPT release of Reckless, which is the one that's always to be found on Amazon.com and appears to be the only commercial release available. It carries the same tag and it's the original full-length production. The run time given on your DVD cover should be 480 minutes.
"Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long." ~ Ogden Nash
Lynnedean

Postby Samfan » Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:18 am

Thanks all!! I'm watching the third part of "Reckless" this Friday and/or Saturday night, and will finish the weekend with the sequel, "Reckless: The Sequel." I've loved both Robson Green and MK in this.

:thumbsup:

Samfan
Samfan

Postby Samfan » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:23 am

Just finished the sequel tonight. Very enjoyable. I always feel bad for Richard Crane, though. He could be a creep, but I thought he really wanted the marriage to work (or, maybe I'm just saying that because its MK, and I like MK playing 'good' guys) :smile:

Samfan
Samfan

Postby NikkiB » Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:16 am

I LOVED THIS MINI SERIES & SEQUEL!!! I am bowled over at how good it was. And so funny too!! All the players (esp. MK :pleased: played their roles to perfection. I liked Robson Green--I enjoy him in Grantchester and remember his character in Being Human, although I didn’t know who he was at the time. And Francesca Annis is simply beautiful. The actor who played Owen’s dad was a bright spot in the whole thing. And poor Richard Crane! MK surely does know to play a pompous ass! And the Sequel! Too funny for words! I loved it! I have questions, however. I watched the first installment on Youtube, and there was a segment missing about how Owen Springer got the information that Richard was in London with Vivian, and then Anna subsequently found out? Feel free to PM me If you don’t want to give away spoilers.And if anyone knows how to get the Closed Captioning to work with these old DVDs, please let me know. I think I got half of the dialogue. Anyhow, love love loved it and want to see it again. (& welcome back, Lynnedean! hope you had a good trip) :wavehello: :wavehello:
NikkiB

Postby jewell » Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:36 pm

To get closed captions (not subtitles) on many DVD players you must turn off "progressive scan".

Sometimes there's a button on the DVD player itself - maybe a button on the remote but none of ours are like that. Or you have to go to the DVD player menu and find it and turn it off.

There is something else with the wiring but that's very old and rare and I'd have to ask the man... so try turning progressive scan off first and get back to me if that doesn't work.

J
"When they ask why, I'll go: well, it's the least, no, honestly, it's the very bloody least I could do!

"And not just decked him. No! Fried the devious, dirty bastard to a crisp in the luxury of his over-waxed car!"
jewell

Postby kitchenwonder » Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:19 pm

NikkiB wrote:I have questions, however. I watched the first installment on Youtube, and there was a segment missing about how Owen Springer got the information that Richard was in London with Vivian, and then Anna subsequently found out?

Owen found out from Danny (longhaired blond) see here at 10:50 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Rz9F3m_CJU
Then Anna found out because of the rambling voice message Richard left for Anna from the hotel. :eek:
(That would have been in part 7 which appears to have been deleted from YouTube. Bummer!)
"Well...The Foyles, you know, always have been hard to resist." (Enemy Fire S3E2)
"If Michael Kitchen played a corpse, you would still watch him more than anyone else." (Jaci Stephen, The Mail, November 3, 2002)
kitchenwonder

Postby Wolesley » Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:38 pm

Amiga reports that Marigold has found Reckless: the Sequel on YouTube! I've added the link in the long post of YT links at the top of this Film & TV board, but here it is for ease of access:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mYLzcOPPWns

Thanks Marigold and Amiga!

Lesley
I'm a pole selector; I select poles.
Wolesley

Postby kitchenwonder » Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:09 pm

Wolesley wrote:Amiga reports that Marigold has found Reckless: the Sequel on YouTube! I've added the link in the long post of YT links at the top of this Film & TV board, but here it is for ease of access:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mYLzcOPPWns

Thanks Marigold and Amiga!
Lesley

:ten: :ten:
"Well...The Foyles, you know, always have been hard to resist." (Enemy Fire S3E2)
"If Michael Kitchen played a corpse, you would still watch him more than anyone else." (Jaci Stephen, The Mail, November 3, 2002)
kitchenwonder

Postby kitchenwonder » Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:43 pm

Also Reckless is now up on YouTube...in three parts. See alphabetical listing above. :obsessed:
kitchenwonder

Previous

Return to Film & TV