Reckless

Reckless

Postby billyanne » Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:13 pm

Looking through the list of topics on this subheading I don't see one for Reckless. I watched the first disk of Reckless from Netflix last night and it was certainly entertaining! I hope the rest of it is as good. After watching so much Foyle, it is interesting to see MK in quite a different role. I also particularly liked the ailing father's portrayal, at least so far.

--Billy
billyanne

Re: Reckless

Postby billyanne » Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:16 pm

Sorry I am not sure how the double post happened but I have deleted one. :-)

--Billy
billyanne

Postby Sunshine » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:12 pm

Thanks for posting a "Reckless" string, Billy. It really is a treat to watch MK as Richard Crane - so much fun! :mrgreen:
Just looked over the chapter on "Horse Racing and Illegal Rambling."

I haven't got the requisite capacity for deceit.
Sunshine

Postby calpurnia33 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:49 am

I've just watched Reckless too and I liked it. Of course my heart went to the cuckold husband. It's a very entertaining show and it was very nice to see the cool Mr K. displaying more passion than usual.
calpurnia33

Postby bee » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:03 am

Billy and Calpurnia: have you watched Reckless The Movie/The Sequel as well (the 4th disc if I remember correctly)?

The particular way in which he returns from a certain conference is one of the funniest moments in movie/TV for me, although (or maybe because) it's completely over the top. :rofl:

And there are some genuinely moving scenes at the end....
There is no one else...
bee

Postby calpurnia33 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:46 am

Yes I've seen the movie too. As for the trip back from the conference, I was wondering if it was a remake of Scott Of The Antarctic :lol: .

There were some moving scenes in the end, I agree and I felt really sorry for the poor man (all the more so as I didn't like Robson Green's character).
calpurnia33

Postby billyanne » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:13 pm

I've only watched the first disk of Reckless. The next one is due to arrive from Netflix, probably today. Looking forward to the rest of it.

thanks!

Billy
billyanne

Postby Sunshine » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:11 pm

Some of my favorite scenes with Richard actually happen at the end of Part 2, outside his mother-in-law's house. To me, it's the most hilarious part. :rofl: (And it tells me that as an actor, MK doesn't mind hearing comments about his height.)
Just looked over the chapter on "Horse Racing and Illegal Rambling."

I haven't got the requisite capacity for deceit.
Sunshine

Postby jewell » Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:38 pm

Sunshine wrote: (And it tells me that as an actor, MK doesn't mind hearing comments about his height.)

He is the man who in an interview said he was about a foot too short to play James Bond! He seems to have a great sense of humor to go along with his yumminess.
"When they ask why, I'll go: well, it's the least, no, honestly, it's the very bloody least I could do!

"And not just decked him. No! Fried the devious, dirty bastard to a crisp in the luxury of his over-waxed car!"
jewell

Postby nipluckett » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:46 pm

There is a scene in "Doomsday Gun" that I've always thought ended in an ad lib from Frank Langella. They are all standing around listening as Mr. Langella delivers a speech about their project and then says as he walks away something like , "I'm the boss because I'm taller than the rest of you." The broad grin from MK is uncharacteristic and delightful.
As always,
Nip
nipluckett

Postby amiga » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:40 pm

And the operating room scene in A&E where the table is too high and someone tells him to stand on a box.....and he says, "I am standing on a box." :rofl:
"He's the man men want to be, and the man women want to be with. A good definition of sexy." Anonymous
amiga

Postby calpurnia33 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:05 pm

He's quite adorable :foylekiss:.

Now that I'm done with White Heat, I'm about to watch Falling.

I'm on a "Kitchen marathon" these days...
calpurnia33

Postby hazeleyes57 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:13 pm

amiga wrote:And the operating room scene in A&E where the table is too high and someone tells him to stand on a box.....and he says, "I am standing on a box." :rofl:

The 'someone' was a favourite from his days of Bodie and Doyle (aka The Professionals) - Martin Shaw.
hazeleyes57

Location: Colchester, England, home of the Iceni, Boudicca and jolly nice cake shops

Postby amiga » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:06 pm

hazeleyes57 wrote:
amiga wrote:And the operating room scene in A&E where the table is too high and someone tells him to stand on a box.....and he says, "I am standing on a box." :rofl:

The 'someone' was a favourite from his days of Bodie and Doyle (aka The Professionals) - Martin Shaw.

Thanks. I couldn't remember whether it was Martin that said it. MS is my second favorite Brit. Unless it is FW, doesn't get any better than Judge John Deed.

Amiga
"He's the man men want to be, and the man women want to be with. A good definition of sexy." Anonymous
amiga

Postby calpurnia33 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:07 am

Agreed... Judge John Deed is my favourite British show with FW.

It's a pity A&E can't be found on DVD.
calpurnia33

Postby billyanne » Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:11 am

OK I have now watched Disk Two of Reckless...O.M.G. that garden scene at the mother-in-law's house is truly funny.... :lol:
billyanne

Postby billyanne » Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:26 pm

Reckless is now a "wrap" for me...I've watched all four disks from Netflix. It was an entertaining series although (maybe I'm too cynical?) I was surprised by the endings of both disk 3 and disk 4. Anyway it was good to watch and it's something I never would have found without this group. Thanks! :-)

I particularly enjoyed the portrayal of Arnold, Owen's father. And the Crane parents who appear in disk four were great too, although I had a little trouble imagining the actors playing Crane's parents to be old enough to really be his parents. I had to Google their real ages, but I guess Geoffrey Palmer, who played Crane's father is actually 21 years older than MK so it could work..I just think of the two actual actors more in terms of peers. But once I got past that little leap of faith it was very entertaining.

Crane's transformation at the end was interesting...and the way he fashions a work-around to hold the call button down to talk upstairs to Anna on the apartment intercom at the last was hilarious! While Googling the actors' ages, I saw where there was a mini synopsis on one of the websites that noted how Reckless gave the "usually stiff lipped" (MK) a chance to expand his emotions on screen a bit.

Anyway it was good, thanks all for the recommendations.

--Billy
billyanne

Postby Lynnedean » Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:15 pm

billyanne wrote:I particularly enjoyed the portrayal of Arnold, Owen's father. [...] I had a little trouble imagining the actors playing Crane's parents to be old enough to really be his parents. I had to Google their real ages ...

On the subject of actors' ages … Margery Mason, who played Richard Crane's mother-in-law in Reckless and Stephen Vey's mother in The Guilty, will celebrate her 99th birthday this coming September. This remarkable lady took up scuba diving late in life, obtaining her diving certificate at the age of 81, and she was 91 when she appeared in Harry Potter and the Goblet Of Fire. Impressive, what?

~ Lynne
"Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long." ~ Ogden Nash
Lynnedean

Postby bee » Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:27 pm

billyanne wrote:And the Crane parents who appear in disk four were great too, although I had a little trouble imagining the actors playing Crane's parents to be old enough to really be his parents. I had to Google their real ages, but I guess Geoffrey Palmer, who played Crane's father is actually 21 years older than MK so it could work..I just think of the two actual actors more in terms of peers. But once I got past that little leap of faith it was very entertaining.

I had the same issue, the other way around, with MK and Greg Wise in The Buccaneers. MK is 18 years older than Mr. Wise, which would be young but not impossible. But as much as I enjoyed the series in general and their interaction in particular it took me a little while to get used to the idea :wink:
There is no one else...
bee

Postby Pers » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:00 pm

I adore Richard Crane, although I suspect I'm not supposed to like him as much as I do - I blame the fact that I found Owen absolutely obnoxious and Anna irritating (and of course, the fact that Michael's fantastic in the role of Richard!)

I keep commenting, every time I post caps on my Tumblr, that I feel I ought not to love Richard as much as I do - after all, he's pretty ruthless and manipulative, and yet there's a streak of vulnerability in him that really appeals to me.

(And I was glad that he and Viv didn't stay together - I found her a bit wet, to be honest!)

I didn't have any trouble with the concept of Geoffrey Palmer playing his father - possibly because I seem to have been watching GP all my life, so he seems older in my head than he possibly is in RL!
Pers

Next

Return to Film & TV