Is That Your Body, Boy?

Is That Your Body, Boy?

Postby starlight » Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:35 pm

Finally managed to view this.

https://store.bbc.com/is-that-your-body-boy

The blurb says:
Ron Moody and Michael Kitchen star in Andrew Davies’ gripping half-hour drama about a sadistic gym teacher holding a detention which becomes a battle of wills.

Well, here we go: I wouldn't say it's gripping. More poignant, actually. Ron Moody's "Cracker" Carstairs is a bark that has outlived its bite. And at least thirty per cent of the sadism sits with his so-called victims.

Of the four "boys" being subjected to a bout of army-style discipline, two of the actors - MK (Waller) and Keith Skinner (Miller) are in their twenties at time of filming. The other two, Brian Pettifer (Spratt) and Robert Yetzes (Penrose) were still teenagers, but they all blend together very well.

Of the bunch (and despite the plot requiring him not to "make the grade"), MK easily demonstrates the greatest degree of suppleness and balance. :thumbsup:

Check the gifs/commentary out here :pleased: :
http://jillyfern.tumblr.com/post/151185 ... -poor-poor
Do I need to remind you...how much you can trust me?
starlight

Re: Is That Your Body, Boy?

Postby flybybee » Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:19 pm

I agree with your analysis of his form on Tumblr. We've all said he moves like a dancer and he certainly shows his "suppleness" here! The way he stands up and sits down--not that easy to do! He's a skinny little, innocent looking thing here. So nice to see him in something new to me.
flybybee

Re: Is That Your Body, Boy?

Postby kitchenwonder » Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:04 pm

Thanks to Jilly for the .gif s! :thumbsup:
"Well...The Foyles, you know, always have been hard to resist." (Enemy Fire S3E2)
"If Michael Kitchen played a corpse, you would still watch him more than anyone else." (Jaci Stephen, The Mail, November 3, 2002)
kitchenwonder

Return to Film & TV