The Collection

The Collection

Postby mslevin » Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:11 pm

The new Amazon Prime series The Collection is now listed on IMDb but MK is not listed in the cast or as a producer. Release date September 1, 2016.
mslevin

Re: The Collection

Postby Wolesley » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:14 pm

Now listed on IMDB. All cast and crew are listed as appearing in only one episode, but a news article about the series says it is 8 episodes. So although MK is only listed in the pilot, he may actually be in more eps. We can hope! Release date is September 2, 2016.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5239494/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_1

His character name is Frederic Lemaire.
Alan Corduner (Carlo in FW) is also in it!

Lesley
I'm a pole selector; I select poles.
Wolesley

Postby Wolesley » Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:31 am

A more detailed article, thanks to Starlight:
http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2016-07- ... s-air-date

Lesley
Wolesley

Postby Lynnedean » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:11 am

Wolesley wrote:Release date is September 2, 2016.

Can't get excited about the release date, I'm afraid. If the series is available on only Amazon Prime, I'll be giving it a miss, just as I won't be listening to the Shylock Is My Name audio book as long as the only way to access it is via download from Audible. I don't mind buying one item, but I object to having to pay a full subscription charge for it when there's nothing else that I'm likely to want from that supplier that would justify it.
"Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long." ~ Ogden Nash
Lynnedean

Postby starlight » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:32 am

Do I need to remind you...how much you can trust me?
starlight

Postby Lynnedean » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:19 am

starlight wrote:30 day free trial? (or 6 months if you're a student)

Can't do that, Startlight. A while ago, I inadvertently clicked on the Prime thing when buying something on Amazon, which immediately registered me for a free trial. As soon as I realised what had happened, I cancelled, but, although the cancellation was immediate, Amazon is unlikely to allow me to register for another free trial.
"Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long." ~ Ogden Nash
Lynnedean

Postby amiga » Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:04 pm

Free trial is good, but I understand that they are going to roll it out 1 episode a week, so you will have to go past the free trial. I'm guessing it won't be available anywhere else. They may eventually make it available on Prime US and DVD's. I'm not sure, but I don't think they make their original series available ever, other than on Amazon. I tried to see if House Of Cards was available anywhere else, since it's be on for a while, but didn't find it anywhere.

Amiga
"He's the man men want to be, and the man women want to be with. A good definition of sexy." Anonymous
amiga

Postby HarrietVane » Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:16 pm

amiga wrote:Free trial is good, but I understand that they are going to roll it out 1 episode a week, so you will have to go past the free trial. I'm guessing it won't be available anywhere else. They may eventually make it available on Prime US and DVD's. I'm not sure, but I don't think they make their original series available ever, other than on Amazon. I tried to see if House Of Cards was available anywhere else, since it's be on for a while, but didn't find it anywhere.

Amiga

If you wait until the full series is up, though, then you could watch it all within the free trial period.
HarrietVane

Postby amiga » Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:21 pm

HarrietVane wrote:If you wait until the full series is up, though, then you could watch it all within the free trial period.

Duh! Of course, you can. Just woke up, brain not working yet :lol:

Amiga
"He's the man men want to be, and the man women want to be with. A good definition of sexy." Anonymous
amiga

Postby Lynnedean » Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:23 pm

amiga wrote:I'm not sure, but I don't think they make their original series available ever, other than on Amazon. I tried to see if House Of Cards was available anywhere else, since it's be on for a while, but didn't find it anywhere.

The Kevin Spacey version of House Of Cards is now available on DVD from Amazon (the original is still there, too).
Lynnedean

Postby amiga » Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:36 pm

Lynnedean wrote:The Kevin Spacey version of House Of Cards is now available on DVD from Amazon (the original is still there, too).

Buying the DVD, of course, would depend on how much MK is in The Collection. Maybe someone will put it up somewhere, although I'm not sure if you can download an Amazon exclusive video. I'm guessing not.

Amiga
amiga

Postby Wolesley » Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:39 pm

So it seems he won't be in this after all. Darn it.
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1653#p16844

Lesley
Wolesley

Postby TwiningsGirl64 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:02 am

amiga wrote:Buying the DVD, of course, would depend on how much MK is in The Collection. Maybe someone will put it up somewhere, although I'm not sure if you can download an Amazon exclusive video. I'm guessing not.

Amiga

Hey Amiga and for any others interested in this series.
My son was able to obtain the first 3 episodes of the Collection. He saved them onto my computers HD in MP4 format. Id be happy to share them with everyone if someone can instruct me on how to upload them from my computer to QE? (if thats even allowed LOL) :biggrin:
"Well... things the way they are... good for the time being's perhaps enough." (CF to BH: They fought in the fields)
"MK...never less than a joy to watch." (Jaci Stephen)
TwiningsGirl64

Postby Wolesley » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:28 am

There isn't a way to "upload them to QE," but if you use some other storage location, such as Dropbox, you can share the link. :biggrin:

Lesley
Wolesley

Postby TwiningsGirl64 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:58 am

Thanks for the assistance Lesley :thumbsup: :biggrin: I'll try to upload them to Dropbox tonight. If I cant figure out how to do it myself, I'll give my son a call and he should be able to help me. :D
"Well... things the way they are... good for the time being's perhaps enough." (CF to BH: They fought in the fields)
TwiningsGirl64

Postby Wolesley » Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:25 pm

TwiningsGirl64 wrote: If I cant figure out how to do it myself, I'll give my son a call and he should be able to help me. :D

Sons are very useful - mine set up this Discussion board! :biggrin: :pleased:

(Wish he was available to help me update to the latest version. I haven't a clue. :toetap: )

Lesley
Wolesley

Postby TwiningsGirl64 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:32 pm

Yessssssss. Sons are indeed very useful. :pleased: I have 3 of them so I guess Im particularly blessed :D
One's a painter, One's a Junior Soccer Coach, and Junior's the computer geek, in his 4th year of Game design and IT at University. :biggrin:
TwiningsGirl64

Postby TwiningsGirl64 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:53 am

To any kitchenettes interested in watching The Collection....

I have episodes 1, 2 and 3 up on DB. :biggrin:

To request a link, just PM me.

Cheers :wavehello:
TwiningsGirl64

Postby Wolesley » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:14 pm

To be broadcast on PBS starting Oct. 8th at 10 pm!
We can enjoy his two scenes again. :eyeroll: :biggrin: :rose:

Lesley
Wolesley

Postby jewell » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:26 pm

Our luck, they'll be the scenes PBS whacks for their time constraints.

Here's hoping not.

J
"When they ask why, I'll go: well, it's the least, no, honestly, it's the very bloody least I could do!

"And not just decked him. No! Fried the devious, dirty bastard to a crisp in the luxury of his over-waxed car!"
jewell

Next

Return to Film & TV