Mrs. Dalloway

Mrs. Dalloway

Postby Samfan » Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:18 pm

Just got my DVD from Amazon. Guess what I'm watching tonight :D

I watched this a few years ago. Looking forward to re-acquainting myself with it.

Samfan
"It's got so much chalk in it I'm not sure if we should eat it or write with it."
"What are you going to do for the rest of your life, fish? There's bigger fish to be caught here."
Samfan

Re: Mrs. Dalloway

Postby Samfan » Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:28 am

Just finished watching it. MK is wonderful to watch, of course--but he didn't have near enough scenes. I like romances--but only if they are paired with mystery and/or suspense. The most suspenseful part of this movie, to me, was Rupert Graves jumping out a window. It was fun to see actors from other British shows I like (FW, Doc Martin, Sherlock).

Samfan
"It's got so much chalk in it I'm not sure if we should eat it or write with it."
"What are you going to do for the rest of your life, fish? There's bigger fish to be caught here."
Samfan

Postby jewell » Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:36 pm

He looks soooooooo handsome in this one! Well lit, I think my friend Chris said. Whatever, yummy!

I would hate this movie if it wasn't for the presence of MK. Nothing really happens, the whole Rupert Graves part is - well, why is it there? The actors portraying the young characters are of vastly different heights than their older counterparts. And all of that past stuff was stupid.

He looks soooooooo handsome in this one!

I like it!

J
"When they ask why, I'll go: well, it's the least, no, honestly, it's the very bloody least I could do!

"And not just decked him. No! Fried the devious, dirty bastard to a crisp in the luxury of his over-waxed car!"
jewell

Postby Samfan » Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:20 pm

I'm almost sorry I bought it. I haven't even broken down and bought Out of Africa. But, it was cheap on Amazon...so...

Samfan
Samfan

Postby starlight » Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:27 pm

jewell wrote:The actors portraying the young characters are of vastly different heights than their older counterparts.

... not to mention the vastly different heights of MK and Vanessa (4-inches). Somehow they manage to pull it off so that it doesn't look like a dalliance with a praying mantis :lol:
Do I need to remind you...how much you can trust me?
starlight

Postby kitchentease » Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:12 am

Starlight wrote:
Not to mention the vastly different heights of MK and Vanessa (4-inches). Somehow they manage to pull it off so that it doesn't look like a dalliance with a praying mantis

:rofl: that's too funny Starlight. A lack of stature never seems to present a problem for MK, they even joke about it in A&E.
But, what does the brain matter....compared to the heart?
kitchentease

Postby Lynnedean » Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:35 am

kitchentease wrote:A lack of stature never seems to present a problem for MK ...

Quite a number of famous film actors are 5' 7" or under. While their height has sometimes prompted film makers to go to daft lengths to make them appear to be taller - eg Alan Ladd standing on a box, or a female co-star standing in a hole - it certainly hasn't held them back. This recent article in the Telegraph lists notable actors ranging in height from 5' 0" to 5' 7" ...
Telegraph, April 2016: Hollywood's 30 great short actors

One of my favourite stars of the Silver Screen, James Cagney, was only 5' 4" - short in stature, perhaps, but a big man for all that. :D
"Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long." ~ Ogden Nash
Lynnedean

Postby mohairMK » Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:13 pm

This is so interesting! Thanks for posting that website. I never realized the height of some of those actors, because there is so much more to acting than a towering physical frame. It's more about the towering talent and abilities of the actors. MK has that in spades!! :foyle5:
"Think? It's all I've ever done and it's got me absobloodylutely nowhere"
mohairMK

Return to Film & TV