Official ITV Press Release

High Castle (1946); Trespass (1947); Elise (1947)

Official ITV Press Release

Postby bee » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:10 am

And here's the official ITV press release. I think there had been a previous one from Acorn in Novmeber:

http://www.itv.com/presscentre/press-re ... tZrE42A24Q
There is no one else...
bee

Re: Official ITV Press Release

Postby starlight » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:33 am

You know, if I were Rupert Vansittart, I'd be really miffed. In a publicity vid for FW Series 8, Jill Green couldn't even get close to pronouncing his name right, and now, ITV, in their press release, can't spell it right either. :eyeroll:
Do I need to remind you...how much you can trust me?
starlight

Postby Englishfan » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:19 pm

Bee!
You beat me to it!!! I was just going to post this! So glad you did because now I can comment!

Love John Mahonney! Wonder what his role will be.

And the person from The Bible movie, Amber Rose Revah, will have what role? I do not know her at all. Could she be .....?!

Were any of the guest stars children? Maybe for Sam's child? I am still wondering if CF will babysit the baby and that will be the soft side of him. Actually, I'm almost okay with that. Would rather have him be both a 'sitter and in a relationship, but I can live with that.

What choice do I have?! :rofl:

Englishfan
Englishfan

Postby amiga » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:34 pm

Never knew John Mahoney was actually born in the UK.

Date of Birth 20 June 1940 , Blackpool, Lancashire, England, UK
Height 5' 8" (1.73 m)
Mini Bio (1)
John Mahoney is an award-winning American actor who was born in Blackpool, Lancashire, England. The seventh of eight children, Mahoney's family had been evacuated to the sea-side resort to avoid the Nazi bombing of their native Manchester. The Mancunian Mahoneys eventually returned to Manchester during the war. Visiting the States to see his older sister, a "war bride" who had married an American, the young Mahoney decided to emigrate and was sponsored by his sister. He eventually won his citizenship by serving in the U.S. Army.

Amiga
"He's the man men want to be, and the man women want to be with. A good definition of sexy." Anonymous
amiga

Postby starlight » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:40 pm

amiga wrote:Never knew John Mahoney was actually born in the UK.

.... Visiting the States to see his older sister, a "war bride" who had married an American, the young Mahoney decided to emigrate and was sponsored by his sister. He eventually won his citizenship by serving in the U.S. Army.

Amiga

Gosh, so he can do British OR American then. Bets, anyone?
Do I need to remind you...how much you can trust me?
starlight

Postby Englishfan » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:27 pm

Englishfan wrote:And the person from The Bible movie, Amber Rose Revah, will have what role? I do not know her at all. Could she be .....?!

I looked up Amber Rose Revah and she is very young! Born in the 80s. Same as the other girl listed as being in the show, Jaime Winstone. Guess they aren't showing his softer side for the show as a romantic interest.

Englishfan
Englishfan

Postby Wolesley » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:18 am

I was thinking Hermione Gulliford might be old enough for a potential 'gentle affair' - or however Horowitz phrased it. As long as she's not playing a German woman! I'd not be happy to see Foyle canoodling with the enemy!

Since an episode will involve 'promises made to the Jews about an Israeli State in British Palestine,' I suspect that is where Amber Rose Revah will appear.

Already getting excited. I'd best cool my jets if we won't see anything until 2015!

Lesley
I'm a pole selector; I select poles.
Wolesley

Postby Wolesley » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:28 am

Whoa, look at this - Hermione's already credited on her Agency site! Her character name, Elizabeth Addis, does seem to be English. But does the note (Series Reg), mean she will be a regular, in all three episodes?! Intriguing...!
This would be Foyle's second girlfriend named Elizabeth, though... :puzzled:

http://www.eamonnbedford.com/hermionegulliford/

Lesley

ETA - Yes, she will be in all three episodes:
From the news section of the same site:

Starting shoots this month are Hermione Gulliford who will be appearing in the next three Foyle’s War films opposite Michael Kitchen as well as Vincenzo Nicoli who guests in the first.

"Appearing opposite" does sound like an important role, too!
Wolesley

Postby amiga » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:39 am

Wolesley wrote:Whoa, look at this - she's already credited on her Agency site! Her character name, Elizabeth Addis, does seem to be English. But does the note (series reg), mean she will be a regular, in all three episodes?! Intriguing...!
This would be Foyle's second girlfriend named Elizabeth, though... :puzzled:

http://www.eamonnbedford.com/hermionegulliford/

Lesley

Hope not. She will tower over him at 5'10"

It seems to me from AH's last statement that he's backing off the "gentle affair", so I'm not getting my hopes up. "This year (and this is exclusive to The Lady) you can see a much more personal story developing around Christopher Foyle. A love interest? I wouldn’t go quite that far… and anyway, my lips are sealed."

Amiga
"He's the man men want to be, and the man women want to be with. A good definition of sexy." Anonymous
amiga

Postby Wolesley » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:47 am

Hermione is 5' 8" so as long as she's in her stocking feet... :foyle1:

Also, have a look at her show reel next to her photo - her role in Upstairs Downstairs would be a suitable character type!

Lesley (always hopeful)
Wolesley

Postby amiga » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:05 am

Wolesley wrote:Hermione is 5' 8" so as long as she's in her stocking feet... :foyle1:

Also, have a look at her show reel next to her photo - her role in Upstairs Downstairs would be a suitable character type!

Lesley (always hopeful)

Sorry, have no idea where I got 5'10"! I loved her "wee wee walk". Doubt if she'll be doing that in FW. :rofl:, although it could use a laugh!

Amiga
amiga

Postby Englishfan » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:06 am

Looks good to me! Fun clip to watch!!!

Englishfan
Englishfan

Postby BookwormKate » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:21 pm

Thanks for the link, Lesley. I too wonder what new, regular character she will play. She would be a good match.

Perhaps she runs a Security Service boarding house and Foyle is placed there so she (and inadvertently, they ) can keep an eye on him...they have long talks over tumblers of whiskey in the evenings...she irons his shirts for him...?
AH couldn't have been more vague could he?

As long as she doesn't replace Sam as Foyle's driver or become his personal secretary! I am sure Sam will up to her ears in nappies and bottles, and running around after Adam (grr :-x ), but I hope she will still play a central role in Foyle's life.

How will we manage until 2015??
"You could do with a good chat then..."
BookwormKate

Return to Series 9 (January 2015)