A couple of guest stars announced!

High Castle (1946); Trespass (1947); Elise (1947)

A couple of guest stars announced!

Postby bee » Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:54 pm

http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2014/01/frasier ... oyles-war/

Does anyone know them? Based on the names I only know Richard Lantern (very handsome :thumbsup: ) but have probably seen some of them around...
There is no one else...
bee

Re: A couple of guest stars announced!

Postby starlight » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:25 pm

Thanks Bee. I wonder what they will do with Frasier's dad? Some of the other casting is certainly an indicator that the Jewish angle will be seriously pursued in S9.

Hermione Gulliford wasn't previously known to me, but I had a look at her showreel http://vimeo.com/62198071
Definite screen presence. I wonder how they intend to use her? I would certainly keep an eye on her around Foyle :smile: . As a matter of interest, one of her showreel clips looks to be from The Bletchley Circle.
Do I need to remind you...how much you can trust me?
starlight

Postby jewell » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:45 pm

starlight wrote:I wonder what they will do with Frasier's dad?

Well, in Burned, he played the evil, high level CIA functioary who "burned" Michael Weston - or so we thought at the time.

He did evil functionary very well.

Pretty sure he will play an American.

JMO.

Jewell
"When they ask why, I'll go: well, it's the least, no, honestly, it's the very bloody least I could do!

"And not just decked him. No! Fried the devious, dirty bastard to a crisp in the luxury of his over-waxed car!"
jewell

Postby BookwormKate » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:45 pm

Ooh well done, Bee! Glad to see Richard Lintern on the list - he's been in quite a bit on tv in recent years (wasn't he in White Heat ?) and is fun to watch.

Hermione Gulliford and Finbar Lynch ring a bell, but I don't think I'm familiar with the others besides John Mahoney. It's getting exciting! I wonder who might be Foyle's "wouldn't go as far as" love interest that AH has so mysteriously spoken about? :biggrin:
"You could do with a good chat then..."
BookwormKate

Postby ayresorchids » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:23 pm

John Mahoney also appeared with Michael Kitchen in The Russia House.
...And I do hope that you find somebody who deserves you.
ayresorchids

Postby jewell » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:23 pm

Was he in The Russia House? I'll have to rewatch it.

Am going home sick (just a cold that's wiping me out) so maybe I'll fire up the DVD player and remind myself which part he played. And maybe after I figure that out I'll just fast forward to the "Clive" scenes. MMMMmmm!

Jewell
"When they ask why, I'll go: well, it's the least, no, honestly, it's the very bloody least I could do!

"And not just decked him. No! Fried the devious, dirty bastard to a crisp in the luxury of his over-waxed car!"
jewell

Postby amiga » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:26 pm

We've got the guest stars, we've got the location, now all we need are some on-the-set pictures!

Amiga
"He's the man men want to be, and the man women want to be with. A good definition of sexy." Anonymous
amiga

Postby starlight » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:32 pm

jewell wrote:Am going home sick (just a cold that's wiping me out) so maybe I'll fire up the DVD player and remind myself which part he played. And maybe after I figure that out I'll just fast forward to the "Clive" scenes. MMMMmmm!

Jewell

Known over here as "throwing a sickie", Jewell :lol:
Do I need to remind you...how much you can trust me?
starlight

Postby jewell » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:22 am

Throwing a sickie has been pretty good but I'm not sure I feel much better, even though I took a nap through a bit of it.

John Mahoney plays Roy Schieder's boss. In a sense, our Man, Clive's American counterpart.

jewell

Postby Lynnedean » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:36 am

At the bottom of the article, 2015 is mentioned again as the probable airing date. Unless ITV gets some sense, we really are in for a very long wait. If it's confirmed after completion of filming, perhaps FW fans should start a Twitter campaign. :foyle4:
"Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long." ~ Ogden Nash
Lynnedean

Postby Samfan » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:27 pm

Anthony Horowitz tweeted this:

@AnthonyHorowitz: The wonderful John Mahoney is now filming Foyle's War. Must get to L'pool to meet him.

Samfan
"It's got so much chalk in it I'm not sure if we should eat it or write with it."
"What are you going to do for the rest of your life, fish? There's bigger fish to be caught here."
Samfan

Postby cmee57 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:42 pm

I can't wait to see the episode that John Mahoney is in! Just found out recently that he was born in Blackpool.
"Special! And it's my word, anyway. I'm perfectly entitled to use it, so do bugger off. I'm sticking with it! Thank you!" - Alibi
cmee57

Return to Series 9 (January 2015)