S9 E3 Elise

High Castle (1946); Trespass (1947); Elise (1947)

Re: S9 E3 Elise

Postby Englishfan » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:38 am

mohairMK wrote:I always thought it would be fun to be AH's research assistant!! :thumbsup:

I always thought it would be fun to be "someone else's" assistant on that show!!!!! :foyle1: :foyle1: :foyle1: :foyle1: :foyle1: :foyle1: :foyle1: :foyle1: :foyle1: :foyle1: :foyle1: :foyle1:

Englishfan
Englishfan

Postby mohairMK » Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:56 am

Englishfan wrote:
mohairMK wrote:I always thought it would be fun to be AH's research assistant!! :thumbsup:

I always thought it would be fun to be "someone else's" assistant on that show!!!!! :foyle1: :foyle1: :foyle1: :foyle1: :foyle1: :foyle1: :foyle1: :foyle1: :foyle1: :foyle1: :foyle1: :foyle1:

Englishfan

Oh...ha, ha, EF!! Wouldn't we ALL!! :mushy:
"Think? It's all I've ever done and it's got me absobloodylutely nowhere"
mohairMK

Postby Janewilts » Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:19 pm

I am not sure this is the right place, but I wanted to thank Bookwormkate for her video ' Go Love'. I love it. I liked the music of Mark Knopfler so much I looked him up on the internet. Bit disconcerted to find his official Fan Website is called MKNews. If only that was THE MK's :foyle5: website giving us lots of news and information
Janewilts

Postby Lynnedean » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:56 pm

Janewilts wrote:I liked the music of Mark Knopfler so much I looked him up on the internet.

Don't wish to take this off topic, but if you hadn't heard Mark Knopfler before, Janewilts, you've now discovered gold. He's one of the finest rock guitarists on the planet. Look for the music of Dire Straits, the terrific rock band he co-founded with his brother, and for which he's vocalist and lead guitar. I won't mention the Geordie connection... ahem :D
"Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long." ~ Ogden Nash
Lynnedean

Postby mohairMK » Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:56 am

Janewilts wrote:I am not sure this is the right place, but I wanted to thank Bookwormkate for her video ' Go Love'. I love it.

Ditto! :foylekiss:
"Think? It's all I've ever done and it's got me absobloodylutely nowhere"
mohairMK

Postby BookwormKate » Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:11 pm

Janewilts wrote:I am not sure this is the right place, but I wanted to thank Bookwormkate for her video ' Go Love'. I love it. I liked the music of Mark Knopfler so much I looked him up on the internet. Bit disconcerted to find his official Fan Website is called MKNews. If only that was THE MK's :foyle5: website giving us lots of news and information

How very kind, Janewilts, thank you! And I'm equally glad to know you've now discovered Mark Knopfler! (The other MK in my life). :biggrin:
"You could do with a good chat then..."
BookwormKate

Postby Lynette » Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:37 am

How funny to find Knopfler's name here!

I just finished reading a delightful book called As You Wish by Cary Elwes. It's a memoir about the making of the classic film The Princess Bride. The name Mark Knopfler comes up in it, as he apparently wrote and recorded several guitar pieces for the score of the movie.

It's a terrific book (or audio book, narrated by the author), by the way. Well worth the time for any fan of the movie -- and who isn't a fan of The Princess Bride?
Lynette

Postby Wolesley » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:10 am

As you may have heard, in Anthony Horowitz's 2018 FW Christmas story, published in the Mail on Sunday, he refers to Foyle's 'second wife, Elizabeth.'
In response to a Twitter query he confirmed that he intended that reference to mean 'EA.' Which of course would be Elizabeth Addis.

Given Foyle's obvious rejection of Addis in the final scene of Elise, fans have called upon fanfic writers to explain how he could forgive her for agreeing to spy on him, and pursue a relationship with her.

I haven’t heard of anyone else who may be working on this challenge, but other writers may be keeping a low profile while developing their stories. I’m writing a scenario that seems promising. I’ll publish it here first, when it’s ready.

Thanks to Starlight who has agreed to beta read and offer improvements!

Lesley
I'm a pole selector; I select poles.
Wolesley

Postby kitchentease » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:14 am

At last, something to look forward to in Foyle' s world. Thank you Lesley!
But, what does the brain matter....compared to the heart?
kitchentease

Postby Katiek » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:15 pm

Couldn't be more delighted!
Katiek

Previous

Return to Series 9 (January 2015)