New season DVD

High Castle (1946); Trespass (1947); Elise (1947)

New season DVD

Postby Samfan » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:46 pm

Just got the DVDs of the new season. Can't wait to re-watch the eps and see some of the DVD extras :D

Samfan
"It's got so much chalk in it I'm not sure if we should eat it or write with it."
"What are you going to do for the rest of your life, fish? There's bigger fish to be caught here."
Samfan

Re: New season DVD

Postby amiga » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:26 pm

Mine is being shipped today. Also looking forward to the extras. Not a word from MK. Aside from his history of not doing interviews, considering this was the end of the defining role in his career, I think a quick, thank you for watching, would not have been too much to ask. :evil:

Two hours of bonus features!
Featurette about the truth behind the fiction for each episode (50 min.), a day in the life of Foyle's War (25 min.), an interview with John Mahoney (20 min.), back in time with Foyle's War (26 min.), and a photo gallery

Amiga
"He's the man men want to be, and the man women want to be with. A good definition of sexy." Anonymous
amiga

Postby Kiwifan11 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:27 am

Checked the status of my DVD order last night and it's on "back order" :-x
Coming from Australia, as not been released, or shown on TV in NZ yet. Hopefully not too far away!
Kiwifan11

Postby HarrietVane » Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:54 pm

Mine has shipped... I hope I'll get it on Friday!
HarrietVane

Postby Samfan » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:00 pm

Will be watching this weekend. Tonight--playoff hockey. Go Blackhawks!
Samfan
"It's got so much chalk in it I'm not sure if we should eat it or write with it."
"What are you going to do for the rest of your life, fish? There's bigger fish to be caught here."
Samfan

Postby Kiwifan11 » Sun May 10, 2015 12:41 am

They've finally arrived! After weeks on back-order I cancelled and ordered through another supplier who shipped immediately. So looking forward to watching these 3 episodes. All I've had to go on were spoilers and gifs. Much appreciated, but so want to see the whole thing. :D :D
Kiwifan11

Postby starlight » Sun May 10, 2015 7:06 am

You'll look back on this as "the lost weekend", Kiwifan. Enjoy your Foyle binge :pleased:
Do I need to remind you...how much you can trust me?
starlight

Postby Kiwifan11 » Sun May 10, 2015 8:03 am

More than a weekend. Probably several evenings as well. Always find several viewings are necessary as there are some many layers to the stories. And there's always our man to feast our eyes on.
Kiwifan11

Postby amiga » Sun May 10, 2015 1:48 pm

Don't forget the extras. They are good too.

Enjoy

Amiga
"He's the man men want to be, and the man women want to be with. A good definition of sexy." Anonymous
amiga

Postby Wolesley » Mon May 11, 2015 12:12 am

Happy viewing, Kiwifan!

I've pledged a donation to KCTS 9, our local (Seattle) PBS station, sufficient to get me a 'Thank-you gift' of the new DVD set plus the 'Looking Back at FW' DVD! Can't wait - this completes my collection, until Horowitz is talked into writing a new one-off special. A gal can dream...

Lesley
I'm a pole selector; I select poles.
Wolesley

Postby Samfan » Mon May 11, 2015 1:01 am

Just found out that the new season is being held on my local PBS station of Monday nights. The second ep "Trespass" is being shown tomorrow. On the information on the screen it lists Anthony Howell as one of the cast. Don't know if that is a DISH mistake or a PBS mistake (I don't know who supplies the information when I press the "info" button on my Dish remote.

Samfan
Samfan

Postby amiga » Mon May 11, 2015 1:12 am

Samfan wrote:Just found out that the new season is being held on my local PBS station of Monday nights. The second ep "Trespass" is being shown tomorrow. On the information on the screen it lists Anthony Howell as one of the cast. Don't know if that is a DISH mistake or a PBS mistake (I don't know who supplies the information when I press the "info" button on my Dish remote.

Samfan

Sorry you missed my post on this. I found it after a friend noticed it in her PBS Magazine. I had been looking for it on Sunday. Glad you found it.

Amiga
amiga

Postby Samfan » Mon May 11, 2015 1:17 am

amiga wrote:
Samfan wrote:Just found out that the new season is being held on my local PBS station of Monday nights. The second ep "Trespass" is being shown tomorrow. On the information on the screen it lists Anthony Howell as one of the cast. Don't know if that is a DISH mistake or a PBS mistake (I don't know who supplies the information when I press the "info" button on my Dish remote.

Samfan

Sorry you missed my post on this. I found it after a friend noticed it in her PBS Magazine. I had been looking for it on Sunday. Glad you found it.

Amiga

Now that you mention it, I do remember reading a post that said it would be on Mondays on PBS. I'm not worried about missing the eps--I have the DVDs anyway--nothing cut out.

Samfan
Samfan

Postby amiga » Mon May 11, 2015 1:29 am

I have them too, just glad they made them to the air. When it was part of Masterpiece Mystery, there were quite a few articles about it. I haven't seen one on the new episodes. It's a shame it went out with a whimper in the US.

Amiga
amiga

Return to Series 9 (January 2015)