Eternity Ring queries & quibbles

The Eternity Ring (July 1946); The Cage (August 1946); Sunflower (Aug/Sept 1946)

Re: Eternity Ring queries & quibbles

Postby Englishfan » Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:37 pm

I really have a botched memory when it comes to geography, so I apologize for thinking you were from Mr. Kitchen's area of England. :rose:

Being homesick is not good! Maybe hearing those accents soothes (or increases?) the anx.

Thanks for the info on To Play a King! I am going to watch in with my EAR (figure that out) so I can get a feel for the accent.

Englishfan
Englishfan

Postby mohairMK » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:22 pm

Englishfan wrote:GREAT! New excuse to watch To Play the King again! And Ian Richardson meant that it was his accent, not his vocab that is the reason they cast him?

That's just what I was thinking! I'm going to do an "Accent Testing" and compare FW, Pern and To Play The King to see which I like best. But with MK talking, it's all good. :thumbsup:

What about his narration and audio books? Does he use his own accent in those? :noidea:

mohairMK
"Think? It's all I've ever done and it's got me absobloodylutely nowhere"
mohairMK

Postby starlight » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:28 pm

Received Pronunciation honed to a delight by RADA.
Do I need to remind you...how much you can trust me?
starlight

Postby Englishfan » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:50 pm

mohairMK wrote:What about his narration and audio books? Does he use his own accent in those? :noidea:

mohairMK

GREAT QUESTION! I'm pretty sure his Italian accent from one series he reads is NOT his accent!!!

Englishfan
Englishfan

Postby Lynnedean » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:15 pm

mohairMK wrote:What about his narration and audio books? Does he use his own accent in those?

I should think he does, mohair, unless the setting or particular characters require something different. He's an actor; he'll automatically adapt.

But we don't have to assume this or that; we have his normal speaking voice - it's there in the Last Contract interview. Go listen to it again - he's not putting anything on there, that is The Man himself... Michael Kitchen interview recorded during making of The Last Contract
"Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long." ~ Ogden Nash
Lynnedean

Postby mohairMK » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:21 pm

Englishfan wrote:I'm pretty sure his Italian accent from one series he reads is NOT his accent!!!

Yeah, don't think "Zen" is natural for him!! :lol:
mohairMK

Postby mohairMK » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:22 pm

Lynnedean wrote:...we have his normal speaking voice - it's there in the Last Contract interview....he's not putting anything on there, that is The Man himself... Michael Kitchen interview recorded during making of The Last Contract

Thanks, I just did!

Oh, I could listen to him in that adorable interview forever! He's so shy and embarrassed, which is such a contrast to the Ray Lambert role he was doing at that time.

At the beginning, when MK first started to speak, and said, "I don't know why..." (in talking about the "extremely nasty" roles he's offered), the way he says the word "why" , and kind of drags it out, is where you can really tell the accent! When he says "really", it is more subtle. I love hearing him use the word, "smasher"!

What narration I have heard, which isn't much, it does seem to be this accent that he is using, except when he is portraying a separate character.
mohairMK

Postby amiga » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:48 am

Englishfan wrote:
mohairMK wrote:What about his narration and audio books? Does he use his own accent in those? :noidea:

mohairMK

GREAT QUESTION! I'm pretty sure his Italian accent from one series he reads is NOT his accent!!!

Englishfan

Not his accent or any living Italian :lol:

Amiga
"He's the man men want to be, and the man women want to be with. A good definition of sexy." Anonymous
amiga

Previous

Return to Series 8 (March-April 2013)