[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Quietly Enigmatic • View topic - SPOILERS for The Eternity Ring

SPOILERS for The Eternity Ring

The Eternity Ring (July 1946); The Cage (August 1946); Sunflower (Aug/Sept 1946)

Re: SPOILERS for The Eternity Ring

Postby starlight » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:39 pm

Do I need to remind you...how much you can trust me?
starlight

Postby amiga » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:39 pm

"Is it just me, or has this thread degenerated into a lust-fest? We started out so well-behaved: critiques, appraisals etc. Now look at us. starlight"

We are a varied group, Starlight. Some of us critique, some of us appraise, some of us are well-behaved, and then there's some of us who do all of those things AND lust! :lol: :lol: Always all in fun.

Amiga
"He's the man men want to be, and the man women want to be with. A good definition of sexy." Anonymous
amiga

Postby Wolesley » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:30 pm

Yeah, that's my fault. :oops: Mild-mannered Librarian by day, but by night... (well, actually it is still a very bright afternoon as I write!) :rofl:
When it involves thinking about Mr. Foyle, all propriety flies out the window.
I'm surprised the Admin hasn't kicked me off this Forum! :-?

Lesley
Wolesley

Postby amiga » Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:12 am

"He's the man men want to be, and the man women want to be with. A good definition of sexy." Anonymous
amiga

Postby Englishfan » Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:37 am

Englishfan

Postby starlight » Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:46 am

Allow me to start honouring then?

Honour no. 1: Order of the Garter(-Belt)

He can ping mine any day :eek:
starlight

Postby hazeleyes57 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:20 am

Oooh, me next!

Honour number two:

Order of the Bath with the (K)night of the Bath....preferably in more than the Wartime regulation depth of water!! :lol:

[The title of the Order is late medieval in origin. It arose from the ritual washing (inspired by the washing of baptism), a symbol of spiritual purification, which formed part of a knight's preparations for the conferment of knighthood.]
hazeleyes57

Location: Colchester, England, home of the Iceni, Boudicca and jolly nice cake shops

Postby Englishfan » Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:43 pm

"Honor Number Three"

My husband refers to Mr. Kitchen as a "preheat" button. :oops:

Somebody quickly add an "honor #4" so we can move on!!!!

Englishfan
Last edited by Englishfan on Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Englishfan

Postby starlight » Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:56 pm

starlight

Postby amiga » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:06 pm

amiga

Postby bee » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:39 am

An article in the DM about the Routemaster and other errors in popular TV series:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... paign=1490
There is no one else...
bee

Postby Lynnedean » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:30 am

Oh, yes - the cans of lager on display slap bang in the front of a scene in one of the Merlin eps is one of my favourite bloopers ...

"Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long." ~ Ogden Nash
Lynnedean

Postby Samfan » Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:02 pm

That pesky Routemaster bus again. People just can't let it go....

AH tweeted this:

@AnthonyHorowitz: Sod the Sunday Times. Our best work on Foyle's War and they print EIGHT letters complaining about that stupid Routemaster bus!

Samfan
"It's got so much chalk in it I'm not sure if we should eat it or write with it."
"What are you going to do for the rest of your life, fish? There's bigger fish to be caught here."
Samfan

Postby bellis » Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:04 pm

It would seem that AH's appearance in the final scene which he talked about in an interview didn't happen

Oops, this should have come under "Spoilers for Sunflower"
bellis

Postby fe » Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:01 am

Hurrah! I've finally seen it! :thumbsup: to all that's been said, especially collarless shirt and braces :obsessed:

But is it only me that thinks CF definitely had something to do with HP's 'suicide,' and I mean more than just the power of suggestion? IMHO it wouldn't be true to Foyle's character to knock Paige off, but I can't help thinking that's what's being implied. Any thoughts?
fe

Postby starlight » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:28 am

starlight

Postby Wolesley » Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:35 am

Fe, and Starlight, yes, I agree.
I'm sure Foyle let Paige know that he would do everything in his power to get justice for Richard Hunter, and would talk to anyone and everyone in the U.S. policing and justice system to achieve that - and so, like the Nazi sympathizer, Sir Reginald Walker, in War Games, Paige found the best way to avoid the consequences of his own crimes was to "top himself." But by then, the FBI would be aware of why Foyle had come to America.
:foyle4:

Lesley
Wolesley

Postby Sunshine » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:08 pm

Just looked over the chapter on "Horse Racing and Illegal Rambling."

I haven't got the requisite capacity for deceit.
Sunshine

Postby foylefan » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:14 pm

I love that image, Starlight! :biggrin:
foylefan

Postby Sunshine » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:04 pm

Re-watching the episode last night, I didn't realize until this second viewing that Sam had suffered a miscarriage. AH's writing is so uncharacteristically oblique about it (at least to me). :foyle3:
Just looked over the chapter on "Horse Racing and Illegal Rambling."

I haven't got the requisite capacity for deceit.
Sunshine

PreviousNext

Return to Series 8 (March-April 2013)