The Making of!

The Eternity Ring (July 1946); The Cage (August 1946); Sunflower (Aug/Sept 1946)

Re: The Making of!

Postby Lynnedean » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:24 am

Wolesley wrote:I think he made it himself, and I'd wager it's his own home music studio. And he quite possibly sent it to his agent, perhaps for the DVD extra feature. But I just can't imagine Mr. K giving his permission to post it. Quite the mystery, really.

At the time the video appeared on YT, someone from Shaftesbury, who knew the facility he spoke of, tweeted that it had been recorded in a studio in that town that was used for such purposes. (I hate not quoting sources directly, but since having to do a fresh OS installation, my computer files have been scattered all over various external hard drives, and I can't immediately locate this particular quote. Will do my best to find it asap. In the meantime, please feel free to dismiss it, as without a reference I could simply be making it up. :-? )

Seems to me - and this is just my theory - that the video is rather like the two-line "intro" to the making-of documentary, in that it looks as though it was done somewhat reluctantly (e.g. the sigh as he sits down, and his looks to camera) as a crumb to be thrown to hungry fans of both Mr K and Foyle. In the 'home-made' video, he revealed a little about himself, indicated an ironic sense of humour - and he didn't have to say anything! I can't imagine that it was ever intended for inclusion on an FW DVD set, as the subject and the amateur way the video was made don't fit with the choice of material and the production values of the Acorn DVDs.
"Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long." ~ Ogden Nash
Lynnedean

Postby amiga » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:17 pm

kitchenwonder wrote:Haven't located Jack's site where I saw his dad's video. I'll keep looking...off and on. I think it may have been there originally, then someone (?) posted it to YouTube for all of us to enjoy! :biggrin:

Here is Jack's YouTube page. The video is about 3/4 down on the page.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxa4fy ... fyoZY2OIag

Amiga
"He's the man men want to be, and the man women want to be with. A good definition of sexy." Anonymous
amiga

Postby kitchenwonder » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:18 pm

amiga wrote:
kitchenwonder wrote:Haven't located Jack's site where I saw his dad's video. I'll keep looking...off and on. I think it may have been there originally, then someone (?) posted it to YouTube for all of us to enjoy! :biggrin:

Here is Jack's YouTube page. The video is about 3/4 down on the page.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxa4fy ... fyoZY2OIag

Amiga

Good job, amiga! :thumbsup:

I see it says he LIKED the post, not posted it. Well, the memory isn't always in gear these days... Thanks!
"Well...The Foyles, you know, always have been hard to resist." (Enemy Fire S3E2)
"If Michael Kitchen played a corpse, you would still watch him more than anyone else." (Jaci Stephen, The Mail, November 3, 2002)
kitchenwonder

Postby amiga » Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:36 pm

Lynnedean wrote:........ I can't imagine that it was ever intended for inclusion on an FW DVD set, as the subject and the amateur way the video was made don't fit with the choice of material and the production values of the Acorn DVDs.

Wouldn't that be just like him though? I'll do it, but in my own way. Nope, not leaving Shaftesbury for any fancy studio.

Not sure if it was meant for the DVD, but why record it?

Just another MK puzzle we'll probably never know the answer to.

Amiga
"He's the man men want to be, and the man women want to be with. A good definition of sexy." Anonymous
amiga

Postby amiga » Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:39 pm

Wolesley wrote:The video was posted by "TRHFW8", which has been taken to be The Rights House, Mr. K's agent, but not made by them. It's the only thing ever posted by 'them.'
I agree, Amiga. I think he made it himself, and I'd wager it's his own home music studio. And he quite possibly sent it to his agent, perhaps for the DVD extra feature. But I just can't imagine Mr. K giving his permission to post it. Quite the mystery, really.

Lesley

Could be why he's no longer with Rights House :lol: :lol:

Amiga
amiga

Postby mohairMK » Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:07 pm

starlight wrote:I like the theory that it was meant for issue with the DVD. The tip of his hat to "the audience" at the end is a clue.

Yes, I like that idea as well! :foyle5:
"Think? It's all I've ever done and it's got me absobloodylutely nowhere"
mohairMK

Previous

Return to Series 8 (March-April 2013)