Lamenting the End of Foyle's War

With / about Michael Kitchen

Lamenting the End of Foyle's War

Postby djdenver » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:05 pm

This article by Mary McNamara in the Los Angeles Times is months old. I can't seem to find it anywhere on the site, so I'll post it here. If it is a repeat, I apologize. I found myself shaking my head in agreement throughout the entire article and I particularly love the paragraph that mentions her repeated and obsessive viewings. ... olumn.html

Re: Lamenting the End of Foyle's War

Postby kitchenwonder » Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:52 pm

I enjoyed reading this article again. Thank, djdenver! :thankyou:

I wonder if the columnist, Mary McNamara, knows about QE. Hmm...maybe she is already here? :foyle5:
"Well...The Foyles, you know, always have been hard to resist." (Enemy Fire S3E2)
"If Michael Kitchen played a corpse, you would still watch him more than anyone else." (Jaci Stephen, The Mail, November 3, 2002)

Postby dcfoylefan » Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:17 pm

I'm not sure if she's aware of this board, but she is definitely a Kitchen fan. In a recent article she wrote about how to deal with so much TV and so little time to watch it all: ... olumn.html

One line said something to the effect that you're not obligated to watch the original House of Cards. I tweeted that her article had great advice, but it was necessary to watch House of Cards because it includes Michael Kitchen. I may in fact be guilty of including a gif of the King, both wet and shirtless, and attaching it to the tweet.

In my defense, she favorited the tweet and retweeted. I'd say she's smitten.

Postby amiga » Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:29 pm

Well, that should get people watching! Great gif :D

"He's the man men want to be, and the man women want to be with. A good definition of sexy." Anonymous

Return to Interviews and Articles