Honeysuckle Weeks interview on Foyle's War

With / about Michael Kitchen

Honeysuckle Weeks interview on Foyle's War

Postby dcfoylefan » Mon May 04, 2015 2:54 pm

I thought this was interesting. The reviewer clearly loves and knows the show, which was fun as well.

http://britishdetectives.tumblr.com/pos ... foyles-war
aka britishdetectives.tumblr.com
dcfoylefan

Re: Honeysuckle Weeks interview on Foyle's War

Postby Janewilts » Mon May 04, 2015 6:43 pm

Great interview. Thank you for posting it.
I am surprised by her comments about her audition for Sam. She implied that MK and her had not met before and he would think her name was weird and she could be a hippy. Surely they had already worked together on a radio play. Little Dorrit I think?
Janewilts

Postby dcfoylefan » Mon May 04, 2015 9:43 pm

Weeks and Kitchen had worked together in an audio recording of Bleak House a few years before. (I know because a QE board member was kind enough to share it with me!)

I suppose Honeysuckle was just one of many, many other actors Kitchen had worked with throughout his career. Given his reputation for being retiring on set, perhaps he didn't spend any time with her outside of recording? (If he did, I would suppose the name "Honeysuckle" would have stuck with him...) She may just have been "the girl that played Ada" in his mind.

Regardless, I'm glad they got together. They are, without a doubt, my very favorite British Detective & Sergeant pairing.
aka britishdetectives.tumblr.com
dcfoylefan

Postby ayresorchids » Mon May 04, 2015 11:38 pm

There is actually a lovely posed photo of the two of them together at the time of the production of Bleak House, which is interesting, given that their characters didn't even interact all that much in the story.
...And I do hope that you find somebody who deserves you.
ayresorchids

Postby amiga » Tue May 05, 2015 1:11 am

"He's the man men want to be, and the man women want to be with. A good definition of sexy." Anonymous
amiga

Postby Wolesley » Tue May 05, 2015 1:41 am

Great interview! What a treat to listen to someone asking well-informed questions, and giving the time to hear the reply! Does anyone know who the interviewer is?
I loved their speculation on what Sam might be doing in the future, and I really liked HW's suggestion that Adam might be a secret Communist!!!
(That's even worse than my idea of him being a philanderer in UXB. Now I may have to write that story - Foyle investigating Adam's clandestine contact with Russians. Whee! :rofl: )

Just a bit surprised the interviewer referred to 'pants' when he meant British trousers. Surely he knows that would make a Brit snigger! LOL.)

Lesley
I'm a pole selector; I select poles.
Wolesley

Return to Interviews and Articles