LA Times - A mention for MK

With / about Michael Kitchen

LA Times - A mention for MK

Postby starlight » Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:57 am

...albeit fleeting. But he makes the shortlist in this celebration of the skill of Ann Dowd, and the craft of on-screen "stillness".
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/tv ... olumn.html
The growing popularity of slower-paced dramas on television has given rise to a whole new form of acting: roiling stillness. Increasingly, our flat-screens are filled with faces that manage to convey huge and often violent emotions with very little movement. Julianna Margulies in "The Good Wife," Damian Lewis in "Homeland," Jon Hamm in "Mad Men," Aden Young in "Rectify," Michael Kitchen in "Foyle's War."

Where others might choose more physically expressive performances, these actors find power in stillness. The universe in a glance, the big reveal in a single gesture.

Not sure I would agree that it's a "whole new form of acting" - small screen has been with us for a few years now, as have Mr K and Ann Dowd (born just 8 years apart)!

Still, this is a worthy accolade.
:pleased:
Do I need to remind you...how much you can trust me?
starlight

Re: LA Times - A mention for MK

Postby amiga » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:11 pm

Agree, not a new form of acting. Any time MK is mentioned on this side of the Pond, is always gratifying.

Amiga
"He's the man men want to be, and the man women want to be with. A good definition of sexy." Anonymous
amiga

Postby vicky » Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:16 pm

Praise for Mr.K's acting ability is always satisfying to read. He deserves more
of it.
vicky

Postby mohairMK » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:51 am

amiga wrote:Agree, not a new form of acting. Any time MK is mentioned on this side of the Pond, is always gratifying.

Love seeing The Man get recognition of any kind...and I agree...He deserves much more of it. Not a new form of acting...but a very powerful one when performed by MK.
"Think? It's all I've ever done and it's got me absobloodylutely nowhere"
mohairMK

Postby TicketyBoo » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:09 am

Always happy to see MK get a shout-out, but "a new form of acting?" It's called "good acting." We see so little of it on American television, so it must be "new." Geesh. :noidea:
TicketyBoo

Postby mohairMK » Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:43 am

TicketyBoo wrote:It's called "good acting." We see so little of it on American television, so it must be "new." Geesh. :noidea:

Agreed!
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
"Think? It's all I've ever done and it's got me absobloodylutely nowhere"
mohairMK

Return to Interviews and Articles