The old forum...

How do I...?

The old forum...

Postby bee » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:16 am

... is not available any more (or at least the bulk of it) unless you are logged in. Just wondering if you did that on purpose Lesley.... :puzzled:
There is no one else...
bee

Re: The old forum...

Postby Wolesley » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:40 am

Yes, you have to log in to read the messages now, and you can no longer reply or post messages. I may have excepted the Fan Fiction forum from these restrictions... Can't remember... :eyeroll:

Lesley (who is still receiving spam registrations for the old Forum)
I'm a pole selector; I select poles.
Wolesley

Postby bee » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:23 am

OK thanks for the info! In that case I'll remove the link to the old forum from the wikipedia pages tonight...
There is no one else...
bee

Postby jewell » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:25 pm

Bee,

While you're at it (removing link from Wikipedia pages) could you possibly fix the last line in the first para under Television and Film? Someone has added a bit about Sista Kontraktet but it needs help. The Last Contract is listed in a paragraph further along but perhaps that reference needs "Sista Kontraktet" added to it.

It's been bugging me but I don't know anything about Wikipedia.

Thanks a lot.

Jewell
"When they ask why, I'll go: well, it's the least, no, honestly, it's the very bloody least I could do!

"And not just decked him. No! Fried the devious, dirty bastard to a crisp in the luxury of his over-waxed car!"
jewell

Postby bee » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:23 pm

No problem, I'll try!

Just to get it right: do you want me to correct the name of the film title at the first mention, "The Last Contract" instead of "The Ultimate Contract" (I think the latter was the title of the book) and then delete it in the section "Other noted appearances include" as it has already mentioned before? Please confirm, thanks!

The thing that has always been bugging me is the following sentence in the theatre section: He is also well known for his part in Enchanted April.
Am I missing something or what does his appearance in Enchanted April have to do with theatre?

Next question: does anyone know what the "R." in Michael R. Kitchen stands for (if it is correct, of course)...
There is no one else...
bee

Postby amiga » Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:44 pm

bee wrote:Next question: does anyone know what the "R." in Michael R. Kitchen stands for (if it is correct, of course)...

The "R" stands for Roy........Michael Roy Kitchen. Has a nice ring to it.

Amiga
"He's the man men want to be, and the man women want to be with. A good definition of sexy." Anonymous
amiga

Postby bee » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:06 pm

amiga wrote:The "R" stands for Roy........Michael Roy Kitchen. Has a nice ring to it.

Oh thanks, I had no idea, but I like it! :D
There is no one else...
bee

Postby jewell » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:55 pm

From Wikipedia:

In 1998 he casted the man who organized the murder of Olof Palme and then killed the murderer as well in the Swedish film Sista Kontraktet (The Ultimate Contract).

Personally, I would delete this whole sentence - it doesn't make sense. But I feel very mean saying that since it's probably written by someone who speaks more languages than I ever will.

I was thinking that if that sentence was deleted and then two sentences later when The Last Contract is mentioned again you could put (Sista Kontraktet) in parentheses. Or even:

Other noted appearances include Dandelion Dead (1994), A Royal Scandal (1996), The Last Contract (Sista Kontraktet,1998) a Swedish film about the assination of Prime Minister Olof Palme , Paul Abbott's Alibi in 2003, Andrew Davies' dramatisation of Falling in 2005, and ITV's three-part drama series Mobile (2007).

All of these changes seemed to happened at the same time the "R" was added to his name.

Now that you mention it, I was confused by the line about Enchanted April also but forgot about it when writing the earlier post.

I'm all for moving the Enchanted April line and you might as well add My Week With Marilyn and Hacks while you're at it.

That sure piled it on you, sorry.

Jewell
"When they ask why, I'll go: well, it's the least, no, honestly, it's the very bloody least I could do!

"And not just decked him. No! Fried the devious, dirty bastard to a crisp in the luxury of his over-waxed car!"
jewell

Postby bee » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:42 pm

No problem, I quite enjoy doing this.

I implemented the changes you requested, if you, or anyone else, notice any errors, want me to change anything or add anything regarding the new projects or anything else, just let me know :D

BTW, I deleted the sentence about Enchanting April in the theatre section, as the film was already mentioned in the film/TV one.
There is no one else...
bee

Postby jewell » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:22 pm

Bee,

That looks great. Thank you.

:hug:

Jewell

jewell

Postby amiga » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:11 pm

bee wrote:
amiga wrote:The "R" stands for Roy........Michael Roy Kitchen. Has a nice ring to it.

Oh thanks, I had no idea, but I like it! :D

Can't believe I found something that you haven't, Bee
:lol:
"He's the man men want to be, and the man women want to be with. A good definition of sexy." Anonymous
amiga

Postby mohairMK » Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:37 am

Always wanted to know what MK's middle name was! Thanks!

mohairMK
"Think? It's all I've ever done and it's got me absobloodylutely nowhere"
mohairMK

Return to How to - your Message Board queries answered