creating animated emoticons

How do I...?

creating animated emoticons

Postby Samfan » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:32 pm

Hello. I didn't know whether to put this here, but since I'll probably use them on this forum, I thought I would....

Anyone make their own animated emoticons? What do you use? Photoshop? Are there "emoticon generators" that you can recommend?

And when I've created them, I assume I have to load them on something like photobucket, and then add them to my messages?

Thanks!
Samfan
"It's got so much chalk in it I'm not sure if we should eat it or write with it."
"What are you going to do for the rest of your life, fish? There's bigger fish to be caught here."
Samfan

Re: creating animated emoticons

Postby Florrie » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:21 pm

Haven't made any for a few years, but there was a little free-ware programme I used to "animate" once I had made each layer in photoshop. You might be able to do the whole thing in photoshop nowadays or some other programme, but google should find you something. I don't have the programme on this computer though it may still be on my old laptop.

Edited to add a photoshop tutorial link: http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/quick-photoshop-cs5-tutorial-create-animated-gifs/
Florrie

Return to How to - your Message Board queries answered