[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Quietly Enigmatic • View topic - Hacks, Channel 4

Hacks, Channel 4

Re: Hacks, Channel 4

Postby Lynnedean » Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:40 pm

Last edited by Lynnedean on Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long." ~ Ogden Nash
Lynnedean

Postby jewell » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:41 pm

Thanks for the explanation, Lynne.

I had to "google" it earlier.

I really can't tell from the clip - is it an Antipodean accent Mr. Kitchen is using?

The "fox" part I understood and agreed with. :biggrin:

Happy New Year, all! Enjoy Hacks.

Jewell
"When they ask why, I'll go: well, it's the least, no, honestly, it's the very bloody least I could do!

"And not just decked him. No! Fried the devious, dirty bastard to a crisp in the luxury of his over-waxed car!"
jewell

Postby Sunshine » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:07 am

Well, Murdoch is certainly Australian; I'm guessing Stanhope Feast is, too! :asking:
Just looked over the chapter on "Horse Racing and Illegal Rambling."

I haven't got the requisite capacity for deceit.
Sunshine

Postby amiga » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:11 am

Other meanings:

2: the exact opposite or contrary

Examples of ANTIPODE
my jock brother is an antipode to my bookworm sister>

Synonyms: opposite, antithesis, contrary, counter, negative, obverse, reverse

Amiga
"He's the man men want to be, and the man women want to be with. A good definition of sexy." Anonymous
amiga

Postby fe » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:36 pm

fe

Postby hazeleyes57 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:57 am

Dear Mr Foyle with an Australian accent and ten F-words a minute. Worth every penny the DVD will cost. See it if you can.
hazeleyes57

Location: Colchester, England, home of the Iceni, Boudicca and jolly nice cake shops

Postby mohairMK » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:12 am

"Think? It's all I've ever done and it's got me absobloodylutely nowhere"
mohairMK

Previous

Return to News of new projects