Unsolicited Materials

Unsolicited Materials

Postby amiga » Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:00 am

Does anyone know anything about this?

http://screenplay.mobi/2016/03/michael- ... -material/

Amiga
"He's the man men want to be, and the man women want to be with. A good definition of sexy." Anonymous
amiga

Re: Unsolicited Materials

Postby Wolesley » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:07 am

Weird site, either written by a new English speaker or badly translated from another language. The script itself doesn't look very interesting. The fact that MK's name seems to be plugged into the paragraph repeatedly, with no source of the rumour given, makes it read like something produced by a spambot. Also, referring to MK as a 'Hollywood heavy' is just ridiculous.
(In the side menu there is a link to a script for 'Whiskey, Tango, Foxtrot,' as an unproduced screenplay, yet the film is showing in theatres now.)

On second reading, and translating the strange wording of "Given the present controversy over Hollywood variety, this movie is genius as all of the feelings and economics of the black screenplay are uncovered to a humorous bone but in addition irritating a uncooked nerve,” perhaps this is a topical film about the lack of opportunities for African-American and other minority filmmakers and actors. I could see MK doing a comedic cameo as a Hollywood Producer rejecting a fine script simply because it told the story of a non-white character. He certainly has experience rejecting all opportunities for Brian Pern. :D

I don't know what to make of it, really, but it somehow doesn't look legit.
But then again, many of us were sceptical about that in-house video for some American real estate firm when we first heard of it, yet it is now listed on MK's IMDB page. :noidea:

Lesley
I'm a pole selector; I select poles.
Wolesley

Postby HarperCurls » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:21 am

Check out the 'related' link at the bottom and you'll see that this article appears with just about every actor with the name 'Michael' inserted into it. As Lesley says, it has the feel of something generated rather than written. I wouldn't hold your breath.

On the bright side Mr K seems to be included with several 'Hollywood heavyweights' - recognition at last?
"... you'll want to help Samantha butter those scones."
HarperCurls

Postby Wolesley » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:37 am

Alan Nafzger, the name behind the article and about a hundred unproduced screenplays listed on one of the linked pages, has no other internet presence aside from this site, and no entries on IMDB, so it would seem he has never been involved in a film that was actually made.
And strangely enough, the title of one of the screenplays is "Alan Nafzger," about an 89-year-old man searching for a rare Soviet era propaganda poster. So is he a real person, or a character?

Lesley
I'm a pole selector; I select poles.
Wolesley

Postby Lynnedean » Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:55 am

I didn't read further than the first couple of paragraphs. It's obviously tosh, as was that peculiar entry in IMDb to which Lesley referred. There are some very odd people out there on the internet.

Incidentally, I'm now doing a virus check on my PC in case the website was a malicious lure of some sort. Colour me cautious. :-?
"Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long." ~ Ogden Nash
Lynnedean

Return to News of new projects