The Collection

Re: The Collection

Postby djdenver » Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:21 pm

For once, I'm part of the "in group" having Amazon Prime here in the United States. Never fear, any Amazon Prime original series that originates in the UK will make its way to Amazon Prime here a few months later. Plus, pretty much all of the original series on Amazon and Netflix become available on DVD soon enough. What great news for all of us!!

Jeanne
djdenver

Postby Wolesley » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:07 am

On IMDB, so far he's not listed as one of the 'series' cast, so perhaps he does only appear in one episode. Allan Corduner is pretty good with accents. MK sometimes hit or miss, but I'll be delighted to see him, whatever his involvement.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5239494/ful ... cl_sm#cast

Lesley
I'm a pole selector; I select poles.
Wolesley

Postby mohairMK » Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:20 pm

mslevin wrote:From RadioTimes
"...Foyle’s War star Michael Kitchen also pops up as Frederic Lemaire Sabine’s former boss and mentor..."

The words "pops up" concern me...sounds like it could be a "blink and you'll miss it" appearance. Just how many times he "pops up", and for how long remains to be seen. :noidea:

I do hope us folk across the pond will get to see him "pop up" at some time or other!! :wink:
"Think? It's all I've ever done and it's got me absobloodylutely nowhere"
mohairMK

Postby Diane » Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:46 pm

Hello..... There is no reason for you folks to remember me. I joined the forum a number of years ago, but I was taking care of my parents at the time, so I just couldn't divide my time. There just wasn't much to divide. Mom just loved Mr. Foyle. At the start of many episodes when Anthony would give a hint as to what the story would be about, Mom would say "Oh I know what this one is going to be about". Because she would remember the news from England during the war. So she would say something like, "this is going to be about this bomb that they made that would bounce on top of the water". Over about a ten year period I built an English TV video library that I'm sure rivals the studios. :lol: It's just better television.

I don't know anything about this Amazon Prime that is talked about on one of the threads, so I'm going to have to investigate that.

But one of the things that I wanted to ask you folks about is, if anyone knows if Mr. Kitchen will be appearing live anywhere in the two-week time frame beginning this September 6. Also, do you know of any dedicated tours or something like that, that I might get tickets for at that time. You see, (I am one lucky Mom), my daughters are taking me to England this September. I'm so thrilled I can't even tell you. It's an ancestry trip; but it would be so great to add some of my TV loves if possible. Midsommer, Last of Summer Wine, Doc Martin, Sherlock, Mr. Foyle, the list goes on forever......

Now, I have to figure out how to add my avatar that you gave me a number of years ago. I have to find that area that deals with my signature. Anyway, I'm so glad you folks are still here.
Diane
Diane

Location: Divided time between California and Texas. Right now, California.

Postby Englishfan » Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:00 pm

Diane,
What a wonderful experience to have a TV show that both you and your mom enjoyed together. It sounds like it unlocked her memories that are now yours of WWII.

And you did something right to have daughters taking you to England!

I hope that you learn all you want to learn about your ancestry and I hope that you run into Mr. Kitchen. He invites you and your family to his house for tea, and you learn that you are somehow related to him! How's that for a goal?

Have a splendid time. Other than hopes, I'm no help at all in terms of tours and such!

Englishfan
Englishfan

Postby Diane » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:35 pm

:biggrin:
and you learn that you are somehow related to him! How's that for a goal?

Wouldn't that be a kick.........

You might have already seen it. Took me a bit to find it, but there is a video clip on youtube of Mr. Kitchen playing the Foyle's War theme on his guitar and wearing his hat. He is a cutie pie.
Diane
Diane

Postby Lynnedean » Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:52 pm

Diane wrote:... one of the things that I wanted to ask you folks about is, if anyone knows if Mr. Kitchen will be appearing live anywhere in the two-week time frame beginning this September 6. Also, do you know of any dedicated tours or something like that, that I might get tickets for at that time.

Sorry to say, Mr K hasn't done any theatre work for a very long time, Diane, and we've certainly not heard of anything being in the pipeline. Be assured that if anyone on the board gets wind of a live appearance coming up, it will be posted.

As for dedicated tours, you might like to take a look at this item on the visitsoutheastengland.com website, and check to see if it will be being run at the time you''ll be over here (there's a contact link at the bottom of the web page). It's described as "a fascinating ‘war time’ guided walk of approx 1 hour, taking in most of the Hastings TV film locations used for this popular TV series" ... Hastings: Foyle's War Walk

~ Lynne
"Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long." ~ Ogden Nash
Lynnedean

Postby Diane » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:34 am

Thank you so much for that link. My next question was going to be if anyone knew of anything available regarding the Hastings area and Mr. Foyle. I understand that Hastings is not too far from the Brighton area, which is an ancestry spot.
Diane
Diane

Postby Lynnedean » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:24 pm

Diane wrote:Thank you so much for that link. My next question was going to be if anyone knew of anything available regarding the Hastings area and Mr. Foyle. I understand that Hastings is not too far from the Brighton area, which is an ancestry spot.

If you're looking for other kinds of tours or ideas about places to see, Diane, try googling "tourist information" (or "visitor centre" or "visitor information") plus the name of one of your other ancestry spots.
"Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long." ~ Ogden Nash
Lynnedean

Postby NikkiB » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:21 am

MK in a new series? Oh be still my heart.
Havent been on the board lately.
I do have Amazon Prime.
NikkiB

Postby amiga » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:28 am

NikkiB wrote:MK in a new series? Oh be still my heart.
Havent been on the board lately.
I do have Amazon Prime.

I do, too, but it won't do any good. Right now it says Amazon Prime, UK and you need a separate membership for that. :-x . Might have to do a 30 day free trial when the time comes :smile:

Amiga
"He's the man men want to be, and the man women want to be with. A good definition of sexy." Anonymous
amiga

Postby mohairMK » Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:43 pm

amiga wrote:Right now it says Amazon Prime, UK and you need a separate membership for that. :-x . Might have to do a 30 day free trial when the time comes :smile

Now there's an idea! :idea: :thumbsup:
"Think? It's all I've ever done and it's got me absobloodylutely nowhere"
mohairMK

Postby amiga » Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:17 pm

Have gotten a few recent Google alerts on The Collection and nowhere is MK mentioned. I'm afraid it's going to be one of those don't blink or you'll miss him.

Amiga
"He's the man men want to be, and the man women want to be with. A good definition of sexy." Anonymous
amiga

Postby mslevin » Thu May 26, 2016 5:23 pm

I found this article on the Lookout Point Productions website. This is the group shooting The Collection. Nothing very exciting but it's something on the project. Lookout has one photo on the site but unfortunately it does not feature MK. Cut/paste to browser.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/m ... ons-880358
mslevin

Postby amiga » Thu May 26, 2016 6:09 pm

Other than the very first article announcing The Collection, MK's name has not been mentioned since, that I have seen. There were quite a few article when it was presented at the MIPTV, but none of them mentioned him. It's early, but his name is not listed on the cast list on IMDb.

Wonder if the early article was incorrect, or his part is so small that it's not worth mentioning. Hope neither of these are true.

Amiga
amiga

Postby amiga » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:20 pm

They have been advertising this to air in September on Amazon Prime, UK. Not sure how many of us will get to see it. Thought I could sneak in on a trial subscription, but it is not available to US customers. Something you UK gals can consider. Hopefully, it will eventually be shown on US Prime, or somewhere else.

It is finally listed on his IMDb page. Only says "Pilot", which sounds like he is only in the first episode. He's still not listed in the cast on the "The Collection" page.

He never fails to torture us. :rantblue:
amiga

Postby Wolesley » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:19 pm

He is listed now, and although it says only in the pilot, the entire cast and crew are currently listed as being in only one episode. The series is 8 episodes. So let's hope we get an update listing him in more than only the pilot before it airs on September 2nd.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5239494/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_1
I'm a pole selector; I select poles.
Wolesley

Postby Englishfan » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:36 pm

Wolesley wrote:He is listed now,

Fabulous!

He's worth the wait if we have wait for the show in the U.S.A.

Englishfan
Englishfan

Postby Sunshine » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:34 pm

amiga wrote:

Sweet torture, though! :lol:
Just looked over the chapter on "Horse Racing and Illegal Rambling."

I haven't got the requisite capacity for deceit.
Sunshine

!

Postby amiga » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:50 pm

Sunshine wrote:
amiga wrote:

Sweet torture, though! :lol:

Only if I can see him torturing me! :lol:

Amiga
amiga

PreviousNext

Return to News of new projects