The Collection

The Collection

Postby starlight » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:27 am

Woohoo! Kitchen on the catwalk! :bouncy:
http://www.theguardian.com/media/2016/f ... mie-gummer

Meryl Streep’s daughter Mamie Gummer is to star in Amazon Prime’s new fashion drama The Collection.

Created by Desperate Housewives and Ugly Betty showrunner Oliver Goldstick, The Collection is set in a Parisian fashion house just after the end of the second world war.

Centred around the two brothers who run the family business it also stars The Lady In the Van and Harry Potter actor Frances de la Tour, who plays scheming matriarch Yvette Sabine.

The brothers Paul and Claude are played, respectively, by Crossbones actor Richard Coyle and Tom Riley, whose previous credits include Da Vinci’s Demons and Monroe.

Gummer, who is probably best known to viewers for playing Nancy Crozier in hit US series The Good Wife, takes on the role of Paul’s wife Helen in The Collection, while Jenna Thiam, who was in French drama The Returned, also features as the face of the fashion house’s label.

Also appearing in the series are Mistresses star Sarah Parish and Foyle’s War actor Michael Kitchen.

Goldstick described The Collection as “an entrepreneurial fable set at a pivotal moment in France’s history when fashion truly became a vehicle for transformation and reinvention.
Do I need to remind you...how much you can trust me?
starlight

Re: The Collection

Postby kitchenwonder » Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:19 am

Guess I'll have to sign up for Amazon Prime! :D
"Well...The Foyles, you know, always have been hard to resist." (Enemy Fire S3E2)
"If Michael Kitchen played a corpse, you would still watch him more than anyone else." (Jaci Stephen, The Mail, November 3, 2002)
kitchenwonder

Postby Wolesley » Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:22 am

Fantastic news! Sounds like he might be a continuing character, not just a one-time appearance! Curmudgeon or softie, I wonder?

Lesley, also feeling :woohoo:
I'm a pole selector; I select poles.
Wolesley

Postby kitchenwonder » Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:32 am

I read the article. The last line: "Filming has begun in Paris and Wales and the show will be available to Amazon Prime viewers in the UK later this year."

Oh, why, oh, why...not in the US?!? :puzzled: :noidea:
"Well...The Foyles, you know, always have been hard to resist." (Enemy Fire S3E2)
"If Michael Kitchen played a corpse, you would still watch him more than anyone else." (Jaci Stephen, The Mail, November 3, 2002)
kitchenwonder

Postby HarperCurls » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:15 am

At last!

I have a Google alert for MK but this didn't appear, so thank goodness others, Starlight, are more technically savvy than me. It will be great to see him in something different. Love Farrow as I do there are limits to how much the imagination can take him! :eyeroll:
"... you'll want to help Samantha butter those scones."
HarperCurls

Postby Lynnedean » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:28 am

Interesting. But if it will be viewable on only Amazon Prime, that shuts me out. Just as I will not subscribe to Audible in order to obtain only one particular audio book, I will not shell out £79 for a year's subscription to AP simply to see only one "TV" show (or, in this case, perhaps only one episode).
"Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long." ~ Ogden Nash
Lynnedean

Postby starlight » Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:45 am

Oh I shouldn't worry. Somebody will grab his bits and share them. :whistling:
starlight

Postby amiga » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:34 pm

starlight wrote:Woohoo! Kitchen on the catwalk! :bouncy:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

So glad I joined Prime this year! So happy to see he's doing something new. Can't wait to see what kind of a character he plays in a fashion movie :D

Amiga
"He's the man men want to be, and the man women want to be with. A good definition of sexy." Anonymous
amiga

Postby starlight » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:52 pm

amiga wrote:
starlight wrote:Woohoo! Kitchen on the catwalk! :bouncy:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

So glad I joined Prime this year! So happy to see he's doing something new. Can't wait to see what kind of a character he plays in a fashion movie :D

Amiga

Looks as if you're "it" for providing bootleg footage then. :thankyou:
starlight

Postby amiga » Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:34 pm

starlight wrote:
Looks as if you're "it" for providing bootleg footage then. :thankyou:

Happy to....you'll just have to tell me how when the time comes!

Amiga
"He's the man men want to be, and the man women want to be with. A good definition of sexy." Anonymous
amiga

Postby amiga » Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:44 pm

Might be the perfect time to use the 30 day free trial :smile:

Amiga
amiga

Postby Jillybean » Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:06 pm

Let's hope it's not a 'blink or you'll miss' moment :eyeroll:
There's something about you fascinates me...
Jillybean

Postby mslevin » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:30 pm

From RadioTimes

Foyle’s War star Michael Kitchen also pops up as Frederic Lemaire Sabine’s former boss and mentor. Game of Thrones star James Cosmo (Jeor Mormont in the HBO epic) is Jules Trouvier, the silent partner who bankrolls the Maison Sabine.
The cast also includes Sarah Parish (Mistresses), Allan Corduner (Homeland) Alexandre Brasseur (Duval and Moretti), Bethan-Mary James (Belle), Patrick Kennedy (Downton Abbey), Poppy Corby-Teuch (The Royals), and Stanley Townsend (Galavant).

(Sabine is one of the brothers played by Richard Coyle).

Eight episodes planned. I am not an Amazon Prime sub either but I may be able to offer a source to get the DVD usually after the run is completed in the UK.
mslevin

Postby Englishfan » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:34 pm

Jillybean wrote:Let's hope it's not a 'blink or you'll miss' moment :eyeroll:

I hope he's in it from start to finish, but I'll take anything! Seems he's finding his way back to roles he likes doing.

E'fan
Englishfan

Postby amiga » Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:18 pm

Should have known Amazon Prime US does not work in the UK. A separate membership is needed. Hola doesn't work either. Mmmmm will have to figure out a way around that! :geek:

Nothing ever comes easy for Michael Kitchen fans. :rantblue:

Amiga
amiga

Postby Lynnedean » Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:51 pm

mslevin wrote:From RadioTimes [...]

Eight episodes planned. I am not an Amazon Prime sub either but I may be able to offer a source to get the DVD usually after the run is completed in the UK.

Thanks for the Radio Times info, kidda. Have to say that Our Man's name is the only one I recognise, but then, apart from the occasional newer item, my TV watching tends to be of old films, and repeats of very old shows. If there is a possibility of the new series eventually becoming available on DVD, I'll be thankful for that, too. :smile:
"Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long." ~ Ogden Nash
Lynnedean

Postby starlight » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:14 pm

Lynnedean wrote:Our Man's name is the only one I recognise...

Apparently Allan Corduner (Carlo in FW) is in it too.
http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/news/a7818 ... uk-series/
starlight

Postby Englishfan » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:20 pm

Made me laugh to think that Mr. Kitchen is in a show about French fashion, considering we are familiar with his long coat in FW!

E'fan
Englishfan

Postby starlight » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:45 pm

Englishfan wrote:Made me laugh to think that Mr. Kitchen is in a show about French fashion, considering we are familiar with his long coat in FW!

E'fan

Ah, but Foyle's cuffs have always been French
starlight

Postby Englishfan » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:22 pm

Oh, Starlight! I so forgot that! He'll fit right in the French fashion show! I do expect him to steal the show, whether it's with the French cuffs or something else up his sleeve (pun intended), I don't know.

E'fan
Englishfan

Next

Return to News of new projects