White Heat

Re: White Heat

Postby Sunshine » Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:48 pm

You'd think they'd learn about the appeal of veteran actors and actresses with the success of that show that's been set in the 1910s - the one where the oldest cast member - the Oscar winner - gets the best lines (like, "Why must every day involve a fight with an American?") ...... :rofl:
Just looked over the chapter on "Horse Racing and Illegal Rambling."

I haven't got the requisite capacity for deceit.
User avatar
Sunshine
 
Posts: 1350
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:34 am

Re: White Heat

Postby Lynnedean » Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:56 pm

amiga wrote:Do you think it will be on for six weeks, or will they double up the episodes?

It'll be one episode a week, Amiga.

~ Lynne
"Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long." ~ Ogden Nash
User avatar
Lynnedean
 
Posts: 1396
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:56 am
Location: A Geordie living in exile in UK Midlands

Re: White Heat

Postby bee » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:43 pm

Lynnedean wrote:It'll be one episode a week, Amiga.

Well the DVD is scheduled to be released on May 14th, which confirms what you say.

http://tinyurl.com/7cknepn
There is no one else...
User avatar
bee
 
Posts: 489
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:13 pm
Location: Germany

Re: White Heat

Postby amiga » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:00 pm

bee wrote:
Lynnedean wrote:It'll be one episode a week, Amiga.

Well the DVD is scheduled to be released on May 14th, which confirms what you say.

http://tinyurl.com/7cknepn


Wow! They are sure getting these DVD's out quickly.

Amiga
"He's the man men want to be, and the man women want to be with. A good definition of sexy." Anonymous
User avatar
amiga
 
Posts: 1610
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:48 am
Location: Florida, USA

Re: White Heat

Postby bee » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:05 pm

In the meantime, the BBC has confirmed that the first episode will be aired on Thursday, March 8th, at 9 p.m.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/progin ... nel=&day=6
There is no one else...
User avatar
bee
 
Posts: 489
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:13 pm
Location: Germany

Re: White Heat

Postby Lynnedean » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:55 pm

Disconcertingly, this is the second article about the first episode that mentions the cast members but omits the name of Mr K. I hope the appearance IMDb lists him as making in this ep isn't just a brief glimpse while the ep concerns itself more with the older character played by Juliet Stevenson.

Incidentally, the BBC hasn't got all the info to DigiGuide yet - Digi's listings are now showing the series title in the 9pm slot on 8th March, but has the programme category down as scientific documentary. :lol:

~ Lynne
"Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long." ~ Ogden Nash
User avatar
Lynnedean
 
Posts: 1396
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:56 am
Location: A Geordie living in exile in UK Midlands

Re: White Heat

Postby Julia » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:36 pm

I've preordered the DVD on Amazon and today I got a mail saying that the new date of release is April 16th.
Julia
Julia
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:42 pm

Re: White Heat

Postby amiga » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:17 am

Sounds good. No mention of MK.

http://tiny.cc/k09jk

Amiga
"He's the man men want to be, and the man women want to be with. A good definition of sexy." Anonymous
User avatar
amiga
 
Posts: 1610
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:48 am
Location: Florida, USA

Re: White Heat

Postby Sunshine » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:09 am

Here he does get a mention and a nice closeup from that group photo. But I wish they'd published the entire group photo:

Daily Mail
Just looked over the chapter on "Horse Racing and Illegal Rambling."

I haven't got the requisite capacity for deceit.
User avatar
Sunshine
 
Posts: 1350
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:34 am

Re: White Heat

Postby amiga » Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:20 am

JACK (Michael Kitchen and Sam Claflin)

Charismatic landlord of the house who’s desperate to be loved but refuses to let anyone get too close


I would sure like to help him out with that! :cloud9:

Amiga
"He's the man men want to be, and the man women want to be with. A good definition of sexy." Anonymous
User avatar
amiga
 
Posts: 1610
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:48 am
Location: Florida, USA

Re: White Heat

Postby larastheme » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:18 pm

I am sure most of us would. :biggrin:


Lynne
larastheme
 

Re: White Heat

Postby BookwormKate » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:31 pm

Thanks for that link, Sunshine! It looks like it could be quite good - can't wait!
"You could do with a good chat then..."
User avatar
BookwormKate
 
Posts: 338
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:27 pm

Re: White Heat

Postby Sunshine » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:50 am

Paula Milne's perspective:

http://www.theartsdesk.com/tv/paula-mil ... white-heat

Guess they're putting the emphasis on the young 'uns because they probably take up the majority of the screen time.....
Just looked over the chapter on "Horse Racing and Illegal Rambling."

I haven't got the requisite capacity for deceit.
User avatar
Sunshine
 
Posts: 1350
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:34 am

Re: White Heat

Postby Lynnedean » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:50 am

IMDb is now listing Mr K as being in only five of the six episodes, but, going by the cast list in next week's RT and TVT, it looks as though the older Jack doesn't make an appearance in episode 2, either. :sad:

~ Lynne
"Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long." ~ Ogden Nash
User avatar
Lynnedean
 
Posts: 1396
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:56 am
Location: A Geordie living in exile in UK Midlands

Re: White Heat

Postby ayresorchids » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:14 pm

I like what the youngsters say in this interview:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/ ... laflin-foy
...And I do hope that you find somebody who deserves you.
User avatar
ayresorchids
 
Posts: 577
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:51 pm
Location: Arlington, Va.

Re: White Heat

Postby dogstar » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:11 pm

I am really looking forward to this. It is definitely a story of my times, even though things were a bit different in the US. I have to say, however, that the plot line described thus far appears to lead to the inevitable conclusion that MK's character will kick the bucket, thereby providing a reason for the remaining roomies to reconvene. Alas, sweet radical.
Dogstar

"However, I'm richer and you're happier, and I think I know what's best."
User avatar
dogstar
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:54 pm
Location: Great Lakes State

Re: White Heat

Postby amiga » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:27 pm

Lynnedean wrote:IMDb is now listing Mr K as being in only five of the six episodes, but, going by the cast list in next week's RT and TVT, it looks as though the older Jack doesn't make an appearance in episode 2, either. :sad:

~ Lynne


On the second page, it shows him in all 6. Guess we'll be surprised if he lives through the whole series! I'm thinking the older group is not a big part of this series. :sad:

White Heat" (6 episodes )
1.Episode #1.6 (1 January 2012) - Jack (Present Day)
2.Episode #1.5 (1 January 2012) - Jack (Present Day)
3.Episode #1.3 (2 January 2012) - Jack (Present Day)
4.The Past Is a Foreign Country (8 March 2012) - Jack (Present Day)
5.Episode #1.2 (15 March 2012) - Jack (Present Day)
6.Episode #1.4 (18 April 2012) - Jack (Present Day)

Amiga
"He's the man men want to be, and the man women want to be with. A good definition of sexy." Anonymous
User avatar
amiga
 
Posts: 1610
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:48 am
Location: Florida, USA

Re: White Heat

Postby Sunshine » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:24 am

dogstar wrote:I am really looking forward to this. It is definitely a story of my times, even though things were a bit different in the US. I have to say, however, that the plot line described thus far appears to lead to the inevitable conclusion that MK's character will kick the bucket, thereby providing a reason for the remaining roomies to reconvene. Alas, sweet radical.


Didn't we see this in "The Big Chill?" :lol:
Just looked over the chapter on "Horse Racing and Illegal Rambling."

I haven't got the requisite capacity for deceit.
User avatar
Sunshine
 
Posts: 1350
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:34 am

Re: White Heat

Postby Sunshine » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:07 pm

Guess everyone who can is watching Part 1.

Today's press coverage didn't mention MK at all :sad: . But there was one article that indicated the music being played was composed after the 1965 setting.
Just looked over the chapter on "Horse Racing and Illegal Rambling."

I haven't got the requisite capacity for deceit.
User avatar
Sunshine
 
Posts: 1350
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:34 am

Previous

Return to News of new projects

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest