Brian Pern Returns

Brian Pern Returns

Postby amiga » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:06 pm

News: Brian Pern Comes to BBC2

Beyond The Joke
A transmission date has been confirmed for the second series of Brian Pern: A Life in Rock. The new series will start on BBC2 on December 9.

Amiga
"He's the man men want to be, and the man women want to be with. A good definition of sexy." Anonymous
amiga

Re: Brian Pern Returns

Postby Lynnedean » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:46 pm

So soon!

Could wish for a decent drama production, of course, or the comedy without the foul language, but beggars can't be choosers.

I know, Amiga, I do winge on about the language, but, hey, you love me anyway, don't ya?
Don't ya?
Oh ...
"Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long." ~ Ogden Nash
Lynnedean

Postby amiga » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:55 pm

Lynnedean wrote:So soon!

Could wish for a decent drama production, of course, or the comedy without the foul language, but beggars can't be choosers.

I know, Amiga, I do winge on about the language, but, hey, you love me anyway, don't ya?
Don't ya?
Oh ...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

At this point I will take him anyway I can get him. Sorry, Lynne, can't help myself. It's so jarring when he curses that it just cracks me up.

Amiga
"He's the man men want to be, and the man women want to be with. A good definition of sexy." Anonymous
amiga

Postby dcfoylefan » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:11 pm

I think he's adorable when he swears... Of course I think he's adorable when he does pretty much anything. Cannot wait for December!
aka britishdetectives.tumblr.com
dcfoylefan

Postby Samfan » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:28 pm

Just put it on my calender. Looking forward to it. Also anxiously awaiting to here when the new season of FW will be aired on ITV (January 2015 sometime?).

Samfan
"It's got so much chalk in it I'm not sure if we should eat it or write with it."
"What are you going to do for the rest of your life, fish? There's bigger fish to be caught here."
Samfan

Postby amiga » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:33 pm

Samfan wrote:Just put it on my calender. Looking forward to it. Also anxiously awaiting to here when the new season of FW will be aired on ITV (January 2015 sometime?).

Samfan

AH said on Twitter that they haven't told him yet.

Amiga
amiga

Postby Samfan » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:38 pm

amiga wrote:
Samfan wrote:Just put it on my calender. Looking forward to it. Also anxiously awaiting to here when the new season of FW will be aired on ITV (January 2015 sometime?).

Samfan

AH said on Twitter that they haven't told him yet.

Amiga

Darn.
"It's got so much chalk in it I'm not sure if we should eat it or write with it."
"What are you going to do for the rest of your life, fish? There's bigger fish to be caught here."
Samfan

Postby Wolesley » Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:20 pm

Pern in December. FW 9 maybe in January. People will start to complain he's overexposed, like Cumberbatch! :rofl:

Lesley
I'm a pole selector; I select poles.
Wolesley

Postby amiga » Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:29 pm

Wolesley wrote:Pern in December. FW 9 maybe in January. People will start to complain he's overexposed, like Cumberbatch! :rofl:

Lesley

What I would give to be able to say, "Oh, him, again!"

Amiga
amiga

Postby Englishfan » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:28 pm

Mr. Kitchen is good in all productions! Bring on the productions! I long for a comedy, and Pern has to do for now. And my husband loves it.

Englishfan
Englishfan

Postby TicketyBoo » Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:21 am

Wolesley wrote:Pern in December. FW 9 maybe in January. People will start to complain he's overexposed, like Cumberbatch! :rofl:

Lesley

Oh, sure, ladies. rub it in. Anyone know how we can see "Pern" here in the States? I'm going through :foyle4: withdrawal! :toetap: TicketyBoo
TicketyBoo

Postby mohairMK » Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:05 am

TicketyBoo wrote:Oh, sure, ladies. rub it in. Anyone know how we can see "Pern" here in the States? I'm going through :foyle4: withdrawal!

My thought precisely, TB!

Since we are such a sharing, giving and loving society of fans, I'm sure someone there in the UK will take pity on us here in the US, and find some way for us to see the new Pern... :mrgreen:

Eternally grateful... :cloud9:
"Think? It's all I've ever done and it's got me absobloodylutely nowhere"
mohairMK

Postby amiga » Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:18 am

Download Hola Unblocker http://hola-unblocker.en.softonic.com/ and you can watch anything on the BBC and ITV. There's also Tunnelbear. I didn't have too much luck with that, but others did.

Amiga
amiga

Postby mohairMK » Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:51 am

amiga wrote:Download Hola Unblocker http://hola-unblocker.en.softonic.com/ and you can watch anything on the BBC and ITV. There's also Tunnelbear. I didn't have too much luck with that, but others did.

Thanks! :thankyou:
mohairMK

Postby Samfan » Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:33 pm

For those of you who have Macs, iPlayer Automator works well. It works on both BBC and ITV iPlayers. I've found that with some shows, like Downton Abbey, I have to wait at least 24 hours for it to work. Just have to try and see. I seem to remember using iPlayer Automator to watch Brian Pern last time, and it was on Monday night--24 hours after it had aired on Sunday.

http://tom-tech.com/iplayer_automator/iPlayer_Automator/Get_iPlayer_Automator.html

Samfan
Samfan

Postby Englishfan » Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:46 pm

Thank-you,Samfan. I have a Mac. I will try it.

E'fan
Englishfan

Postby HarrietVane » Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:39 pm

Samfan wrote:For those of you who have Macs, iPlayer Automator works well. It works on both BBC and ITV iPlayers. I've found that with some shows, like Downton Abbey, I have to wait at least 24 hours for it to work. Just have to try and see. I seem to remember using iPlayer Automator to watch Brian Pern last time, and it was on Monday night--24 hours after it had aired on Sunday.

http://tom-tech.com/iplayer_automator/iPlayer_Automator/Get_iPlayer_Automator.html

Samfan

Oooh, thanks, Samfan! My current Mac is probably too aged to run the program, but I hope to get a new one soon and I'm saving the link against that day. :samkiss:
HarrietVane

Postby mohairMK » Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:52 pm

Samfan wrote:For those of you who have Macs, iPlayer Automator works well. It works on both BBC and ITV iPlayers.

Awesome! I will give this a try!! :thankyou:
mohairMK

Postby TicketyBoo » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:23 am

Samfan wrote:For those of you who have Macs, iPlayer Automator works well. It works on both BBC and ITV iPlayers. I've found that with some shows, like Downton Abbey, I have to wait at least 24 hours for it to work. Just have to try and see. I seem to remember using iPlayer Automator to watch Brian Pern last time, and it was on Monday night--24 hours after it had aired on Sunday.

Samfan

A BIG thank you to Amiga and Samfan! Will try it!
Woo-hoo! :samkiss:
TicketyBoo

Postby Lynnedean » Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:04 pm

BBC has now begun to trail the new Pern series. Just a glimpse of John Farrow but enough to prove that Our Boy really is still in the land of the living!
"Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long." ~ Ogden Nash
Lynnedean

Next

Return to News of new projects