MK: Corporate Short

Re: MK: Corporate Short

Postby amiga » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:10 pm

Wolesley wrote:
Also, that Edris is spectacular! :obsessed:

Lesley

Isn't he though!! Gorgeous man

Amiga
"He's the man men want to be, and the man women want to be with. A good definition of sexy." Anonymous
amiga

Postby Lynnedean » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:23 am

I still say not him. Seriously, folks, think about it. :-?
"Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long." ~ Ogden Nash
Lynnedean

Postby amiga » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:32 am

It is unbelievable, but why would Luing say it was him? I specifically asked if it was the FW Michael Kitchen. I thought only agents or the actor himself can post new projects on their IMDB page.

I really hope you are right, Lynne. Just doesn't seem right for him to do it. I have hopes that he had to go to NY for some other major, yet to be known, project and just did this as a favor to Luing.

Amiga
"He's the man men want to be, and the man women want to be with. A good definition of sexy." Anonymous
amiga

Postby mohairMK » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:04 am

amiga wrote:...I specifically asked if it was the FW Michael Kitchen. I thought only agents or the actor himself can post new projects on their IMDB page.

...I have hopes that he had to go to NY for some other major, yet to be known, project and just did this as a favor to Luing.

It IS interesting that this would be posted on His IMDB page, giving us the impression that it really Our Boy that will be doing this project. Always had doubts that MK would come here (to the US) to do work, unless there is, as Amiga mused, some MAJOR project that He has in the works. That would actually be really nice for his fans! Otherwise, this 'corporate short' seems a far reach for someone of MK's talent. :noidea:

Everyone keep their 'eyes peeled' for more information on this...
"Think? It's all I've ever done and it's got me absobloodylutely nowhere"
mohairMK

Postby amiga » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:11 am

I tried to look on his agent's website, but the "Actors" section seems to be down. All his project are listed on there.

Amiga
amiga

Postby Wolesley » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:02 am

Any chance it's something to do with Brian Pern? Just grasping at straws...
Maybe a washed up old rock star who is now in real estate?

Lesley :noidea:
I'm a pole selector; I select poles.
Wolesley

Postby mohairMK » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:18 am

Wolesley wrote:Any chance it's something to do with Brian Pern? Just grasping at straws...
Maybe a washed up old rock star who is now in real estate?

Lesley :noidea:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Think? It's all I've ever done and it's got me absobloodylutely nowhere"
mohairMK

Postby amiga » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:44 am

IMDB says Sept. 1 release date, so it's done and dusted. Maybe he did his part in the UK.

Old rock star doing real estate would be very funny :lol:

Amiga
amiga

Postby Sunshine » Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:13 am

BTW, if Lynne is looking for a trilby, this page has a tasty-looking facsimile (Scroll down to where it says, "Happy Birthday Joe." ) :mrgreen: :foyle1:

https://www.google.com/search?q=hat+cak ... CAgQ_AUoAQ
Just looked over the chapter on "Horse Racing and Illegal Rambling."

I haven't got the requisite capacity for deceit.
Sunshine

Postby Lynnedean » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:51 pm

amiga wrote:I tried to look on his agent's website, but the "Actors" section seems to be down. All his project are listed on there.

Michael Kitchen's agent moved to Curtis Brown when Foster sold, taking her client list with her ... Curtis Brown Agency: Michael Kitchen CV

I note that the excruciatingly bad and mercifully short-run TV series Sunnyside Farm is wrongly listed under Film, and that, although I did point out this particular error to the agent when she was with Michael Foster, the stage production The Homecoming is still listed as The Homecooking. :rofl:

Re IMDb, additions can be made by anyone registered with the website; I added something to it regarding Reckless some time ago.

Nothing short of a note from Mr K himself will persuade me that the IMDb entry is correct.
"Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long." ~ Ogden Nash
Lynnedean

Postby starlight » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:57 pm

Radio silence from @luingandrews :waiting:
Do I need to remind you...how much you can trust me?
starlight

Postby amiga » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:35 pm

I knew he changed agencies, just wasn't able to pull up the Actors section. Seems to be working today.

Doubt we'll get a confirmation from the man himself, but wonder why Luing would lie and say it was him. Don't see the benefit.

Amiga
amiga

Postby Englishfan » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:57 pm

All I know is that the public can't see the corporation clip:

@luingandrews Will M. Kitchen film your corporate trailer in NYC or do his part in England? Will it be available for the public to see?

His reply:

Luing Andrews ‏@luingandrews 10h

@Sorry no its a corporate trailer usage video only

(I removed my name between the @ and Sorry....)

I have now asked him if it was done here or in England.

If anyone can add things to the IMDB page, Mr. Kitchen may have done lots of these and no one added it to his IMDB page, OR someone added it as a joke or something. Could go either way.

I'll work on the note from Mr. Kitchen, Lynne!!!!!!!!!!!

Englishfan
Englishfan

Postby starlight » Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:04 pm

Englishfan wrote:@luingandrews Will M. Kitchen film your corporate trailer in NYC or do his part in England? Will it be available for the public to see?

His reply:

Luing Andrews ‏@luingandrews 10h

@Sorry no its a corporate trailer usage video only

Englishfan

Yes, I saw your Tweet.
Mine, asking whether it is for Laffey Fine Homes, has been ignored. Laffey deny it's for them.

Oh, just a bit of (mis-?)information to add:
http://www.mediabang.org/watch-1079646- ... rt-trailer
Release date billed as 30 September 2014. :noidea:
starlight

Postby amiga » Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:12 pm

I just emailed MK's agent. Probably won't get a reply, but thought I'd try.

Just don"t understand how Luing A. would think he could get away with saying it was MK, if it's not.

:waiting: :toetap:

Amiga
amiga

Postby Englishfan » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:06 pm

Bear with me here, as I'm not well versed or versed at all about the career of acting.

Why is it such a shock that Mr. Kitchen would do this project.....if there is a project that he did!!!????

If it's because it's shown in the United States, why is that unusual?

Thanks.

Englishfan
Englishfan

Postby starlight » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:30 pm

Can only speak for myself in this discussion. The US associations here don't figure anywhere in my suspicions. What does is an IMDB entry written in poor English with an over-hyped reference to Mr Andrews (decorative though he is, I've never heard of him), referring to a company that denies all knowledge of the project.

I suspect that MK would participate in any project, large or small that interested him personally. He might even do something as a favour.

Not sure what's at play here. :puzzled: And hats off to all concerned if it turns out to be Fact.

S :rose:
starlight

Postby Wolesley » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:58 pm

It's simply disbelief, EFan, that an actor of MK's stature, the lead in a long-running successful series, who has in the past decade only done work that is either high quality or lots of fun (Pern), would take part in a tiny in-house corporate video that would pay very little,
ETA: ...and be worthless in terms of artistic, comedic or dramatic merit.

It sounds like the sort of project an actor just starting out would be glad of, but not one of MK's calibre. Unless he has some personal connection to the production, and is doing it as a favour to a friend.
He did take part in a novice student-director's short film a few years ago.

Lesley
I'm a pole selector; I select poles.
Wolesley

Postby Englishfan » Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:23 pm

Lesley and all....

I see where you are all coming from, so maybe IF this is Mr. Kitchen, then they are friends.

Or Mr. Kitchen lost a bet!!!!

However, he is unconventional! Remember the guitar video? He does things HIS way and on HIS time. He may not care if this is consider below his pay grade.

And maybe it's just simply not him!

THANKS!
Englishfan
Englishfan

Postby ayresorchids » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:25 pm

I can tell you that there is a business/stock market journalist in NY named Michael Kitchen. I'm wondering if that's the person participating, and some IMDb contributor mistakenly thought it was Our Guy.
...And I do hope that you find somebody who deserves you.
ayresorchids

PreviousNext

Return to News of new projects