The Collection

Re: The Collection

Postby Lynnedean » Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:15 pm

Lynette wrote:
Lynnedean wrote:
IMDb's just been doing the hokey cokey

The hokey cokey? That's a new one on me, and I thought I knew my British idioms!

Now, over here there's a dance of sorts called the "hokey pokey", but I'm dying to know what the "hokey cokey" is. Can you edjamacate your 'murrican cousins?

I reckon it's the same as your hokey pokey, Lynette. It's a children's song (based on a nursery rhyme, I think), often sung at parties while the participants dance in a snaking line around the room, one behind the other. The lyric runs: "You put your left hand in. You put your left hand out. In out, in out, shake it all about. You do the hokey cokey and you turn around, that's what it's all about." It's followed by a four line chorus, then the verse is repeated with right hand, then with left arm, right arm, left leg, right leg ... you get the drift.

If it starts up at parties, I sit out!
"Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long." ~ Ogden Nash
Lynnedean

Postby amiga » Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:56 pm

Yep, Lynne, that's the hokey pokey. Guess something got lost in translation :lol:

Amiga
"He's the man men want to be, and the man women want to be with. A good definition of sexy." Anonymous
amiga

Postby Englishfan » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:13 pm

Now we take a minute for an off-the-subject comment:

There are two t-shirts I've seen with the Hokey Pokey:

One says, "A place to turn yourself around."

And the other says,
"What if the hokey pokey really IS what it's all about?"

Now, back to Mr. Kitchen!!!!

E'fan
Englishfan

Postby Sunshine » Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:07 pm

Englishfan wrote:Now we take a minute for an off-the-subject comment:

There are two t-shirts I've seen with the Hokey Pokey:

One says, "A place to turn yourself around."

And the other says,
"What if the hokey pokey really IS what it's all about?"

Now, back to Mr. Kitchen!!!!

E'fan

No, you've shown us what it's really all about! :foyle5:
Just looked over the chapter on "Horse Racing and Illegal Rambling."

I haven't got the requisite capacity for deceit.
Sunshine

Postby Wolesley » Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:36 pm

I see on IMDb that Allan Corduner is now listed as 'Inspector Bompard.' Maybe he'll be asking Foy-- I mean Lemaire about those wartime trips to Berlin. :foyle3:

Lesley
I'm a pole selector; I select poles.
Wolesley

Postby mslevin » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:56 pm

I have DVD of first 3 episodes. The storyline is not very interesting and slow moving. MK appears in episode 3 as a former, famous designer. He looks thinner than he did in Falling and he as aged quite a bit. Still the curls from behind. And the lovely voice is still the same. Must be 18 years since Reckless. His character mentored Paul Sabine and seems to have a shady past with the Germans during the war. I think this was a one-shot appearance for MK. I can't imagine why he participated. I can't see him coming back but maybe!
mslevin

Postby Englishfan » Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:49 pm

mslevin wrote:I have DVD of first 3 episodes.

Did you see them in NY? Any way we can see them here in the states?

Thanks.

Englishfan
Englishfan

Postby mslevin » Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:29 pm

Hi, yes I got the DVDs from website called movie-gong.com. The guy who owns the site is an MK fan as well and is watching The Collection . Sometimes the DVDs are not perfect but he will replace them immediately. I have also gotten the following MK DVDs:
Hanging Gale
Guilty
Dandelion Dead
Alibi
Falling
Foyle's War (all episodes)
The Buchaneers

Enjoy!
mslevin

Postby amiga » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:18 pm

I believe he is only in one episode. Is the rest of it worth seeing, as the reviews aren't great? The price is right, so I would think it was worth having.

There's also another site that has some old MK movies, http://www.ioffer.com I think they are recorded from DVD's or TV and come in a paper sleeve. The quality of the one I bought was pretty good. I'm assuming movie-gong is the same. iOffer does not have The Collection yet, so great that you got it.

Amiga
"He's the man men want to be, and the man women want to be with. A good definition of sexy." Anonymous
amiga

Postby mslevin » Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:56 pm

I have used ioffer.com in the past but not for a long time. movie-gong.com also has current movies and can usually get whatever someone requests. Since I've seen the first 3 episodes I will probably get the rest. I didn't think it was great but the price is right to see the final season.
mslevin

Postby Englishfan » Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:09 pm

Thank-you, ladies, for the input. I shall see the Collection one way or another and look forward to it!

E'fan
Englishfan

Postby amiga » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:38 pm

The Collection will be shown on Amazon Prime, US in its entirety on February 10.

Amiga
amiga

Postby Englishfan » Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:04 am

Hip, Hip, Hooray!!!!!! Can't wait. Englishfan
Englishfan

Postby clpokorny » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:55 pm

Everyone,
PBS just announced that "The Collection" will be shown in the US in October,on its affiliate stations, I believe on Sunday evenings. You can see MK without an Amazon Prime subscription! Too bad his time in it is so short...
Peace,
Chris.
clpokorny

Postby amiga » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:31 pm

Aside from the short time he was in it, I didn't think it was one of his best. His heart just didn't seem to be in it and I didn't think he looked well. Glad it will be on PBS so I can tape it. I like to have even the not good ones. :smile:

Amiga
amiga

Previous

Return to News of new projects