Foyle's Romantic Interest - Taking Bets

Re: Foyle's Romantic Interest - Taking Bets

Postby Jillybean » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:01 am

starlight wrote:Putting a word in for Amanda Root

Oh I know, I know. Foyle blew her off as Elizabeth Lewes. But she is SO sweet. And who's to say she can't make a reappearance as a different character. Corin Redgrave did it. (actually, no he didn't - the Beck character was Alan Howard, but they looked similar :D )

Starlight :rose:

They were also in Harry Enfield together as well as Sunnyside and Foyle - it's a sign!!! :biggrin:
There's something about you fascinates me...
Jillybean

Postby jewell » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:07 pm

Oooo, I like the idea of Miss Testvalley!

J
"When they ask why, I'll go: well, it's the least, no, honestly, it's the very bloody least I could do!

"And not just decked him. No! Fried the devious, dirty bastard to a crisp in the luxury of his over-waxed car!"
jewell

Postby rngwen » Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:04 pm

starlight wrote:
hazeleyes57 wrote:Alex would get my vote for CF - I don't want him sullied by an adulteress :lol:

Picky-picky. :foyle6:

Should there be a limit on how much curly hair can appear in the same frame at one time? :wink:
rngwen

Postby starlight » Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:28 pm

rngwen wrote:
starlight wrote:
hazeleyes57 wrote:Alex would get my vote for CF - I don't want him sullied by an adulteress :lol:

Picky-picky. :foyle6:

Should there be a limit on how much curly hair can appear in the same frame at one time? :wink:

Er. :shock: Just re-reading what you wrote there. Yup. You wrote it. Too late to take that back now... :rofl:

Starlight (35) :rose:
Do I need to remind you...how much you can trust me?
starlight

Postby Englishfan » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:58 pm

As if I have NOTHING else to do, I looked up every suggestion made for CF's romantic interest.

Conclusion: they are all pretty and I'm sure any would be great.

I especially liked Cherie Lunghi's picture.

I know NONE of them except the ones that have been on FW or acted with him in other movies. I don't remember Cherie Lunghi appearing with him in anything, but she might well have starred opposite him.

However, are they not taking volunteers or applications for new blood for CF's "gentle affair?" Are we ineligible?! Where do we start: height? looks? acting ability (surely we could all qualify there!) ?

Let's see the qualifications and get our resumes to England.

May the best....looking, acting, height connection.....woman win!

Engishfan
Englishfan

Postby Jillybean » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:42 am

Englishfan wrote:
I don't remember Cherie Lunghi appearing with him in anything, but she might well have starred opposite him.

Cherie Lunghi was in The Buccaneers with MK...

The Buccaneers on Kitchenfoyle

:biggrin:
There's something about you fascinates me...
Jillybean

Postby mohairMK » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:49 am

Samantha Bond or Amanda Redman would be nice, but my personal favorite is Cherie Lunghi. For some reason I just don't go for the idea of Barbara Hicks (Stella Gonet), even though it would lend continuity to the new season. She is a bit on the rough side, being hurt as she had been. I'd like to see him with someone that has a softer side, that could really melt his formal demeanor! :whistling:
"Think? It's all I've ever done and it's got me absobloodylutely nowhere"
mohairMK

Postby dogstar » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:27 pm

My, this is an interesting thread! I'm starting to think someone new is definitely the best choice. Here is a man who truly loved being married, but who now seems to resist even the idea of a new partner. Of course we don't know what the reason for this resistance is, but whatever the reason, it will certainly take a truly exceptional woman to change things. :puzzled:

I will admit that, for a while, I hoped that Hilda Pierce might fit the bill-- intelligent, strong and fiercely competent at what she does, but the cold war episodes have changed my mind. There is just not enough warmth and caring to her persona for me to see her with our dear :foylekiss: .

So, here's hoping for a new woman to come into Foyle's life. Intelligent, attractive, of a" certain age" (hey, I am so she better be) and with an understated commitment to helping others that draws him in.

Here's hoping. . .
Dogstar

"However, I'm richer and you're happier, and I think I know what's best."
dogstar

Postby Wolesley » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:35 pm

mohairMK wrote: For some reason I just don't go for the idea of Barbara Hicks (Stella Gonet), even though it would lend continuity to the new season. She is a bit on the rough side, being hurt as she had been. I'd like to see him with someone that has a softer side, that could really melt his formal demeanor! :whistling:

Take a look at my Fic, Boxing Day ~ she warms up nicely in that reunion! :foyle1: :foyle5:
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9723552/1/ ... Boxing-Day

Lesley
I'm a pole selector; I select poles.
Wolesley

Postby starlight » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:38 pm

Wolesley wrote:Take a look at my Fic, Boxing Day ~ she warms up nicely in that reunion! :foyle1: :foyle5:

Lesley

Mm. Doesn't she just.

dogstar wrote:I will admit that, for a while, I hoped that Hilda Pierce might fit the bill-- intelligent, strong and fiercely competent at what she does, but the cold war episodes have changed my mind. There is just not enough warmth and caring to her persona for me to see her with our dear :foylekiss:

Ooh! I rather like the idea of Foyle as Hilda's toyboy. :rofl:

starlight

Postby foylefan » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:15 pm

I think I have to stick with Barbara Hicks. I also had hopes for Hilda Pierce, but was really turned off by the character she had evolved into. I think CF would probably like someone who could challenge him, and I always loved the expressions on his face after all of his interactions with Barbara Hicks (especially the bathroom scene!--makes me laugh everytime).
foylefan

Postby amiga » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:28 pm

I'm for Barbara Hicks. He softened her at the end, she softened him enough for him to hug her, and I just loved the way she looked him up and down in the woods. Oh, yeah, she's smart, feisty and I think it would be fun to see them together. CF needs someone to liven him up now that Sam is no fun anymore. He's too dour and I think BH could cause some eye rolling :eyeroll:

Hilda Pierce?? Really? While she is a match for him intellectually, she's not someone I want to see him be romantic with, however "gentle" it will be.

Amiga
"He's the man men want to be, and the man women want to be with. A good definition of sexy." Anonymous
amiga

Postby starlight » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:29 pm

amiga wrote:Hilda Pierce?? Really? While she is a match for him intellectually, she's not someone I want to see him be romantic with, however "gentle" it will be.

Amiga

Hilda? Love her. I'm just curious to know what the stick's for... :rofl:

starlight

Postby dcfoylefan » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:55 pm

Bad, Bad Starlight. Behave!

Em
aka britishdetectives.tumblr.com
dcfoylefan

Postby EagleDay » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:36 pm

I think Claire Holman could play a new romantic interest for Foyle. She seems to have a sort of quiet feminin charm and a lovely smile. I really like her in Lewis.
..but above all, Losberne, he was irresponsible!
EagleDay

Postby amiga » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:41 pm

EagleDay wrote:I think Claire Holman could play a new romantic interest for Foyle. She seems to have a sort of quiet feminin charm and a lovely smile. I really like her in Lewis.

Yes, she would do nicely. I really like her in Lewis, too.

Amiga
"He's the man men want to be, and the man women want to be with. A good definition of sexy." Anonymous
amiga

Postby Englishfan » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:50 pm

mohairMK wrote:my personal favorite is Cherie Lunghi. For some reason I just don't go for the idea of Barbara Hicks (Stella Gonet), even though it would lend continuity to the new season. She is a bit on the rough side, being hurt as she had been. I'd like to see him with someone that has a softer side, that could really melt his formal demeanor! :whistling:

Ditto. :biggrin:

And Hilda doesn't seem to like men very well, so I hope it's not her. She seems to want to own them. I want someone that is respectful, funny, and light-hearted, as well as APPRECIATES CF in every way. :obsessed:

Of course, if there's a man alive to melt Hilda, it would be CF. :noidea: Just don't want to take time out of FW to have to watch that transformation. :sad:

Englishfan.
Englishfan

Postby mohairMK » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:46 am

When I say I want him to be with someone with a softer side than Barbara Hicks, I don't mean she should be boring. I want her to be intelligent enough to stimulate Foyle's brilliant mind; feisty enough to have a mind and opinions of her own that she will not hesitate to express; sensitive & teasing enough to coax Foyle out of his tendency to be morose; and soft enough to make him want to drop everything and just take her into his arms! :hug: But taking into account the era in which this all takes place, I think Foyle needs to "wear the pants" in the relationship, and not have his quiet, sensitive spirit be overpowered by a controlling woman. Hilda: NEVER!! :-x I agree if anyone can make a hard woman soft, it would be Foyle :foyle5: , but he can't even trust her, so how can that relationship last? I am much more interested in HIM getting what HE needs, rather than him trying to resuscitate a woman with so much baggage it will weigh him down. :sick: I want him to find the comfort and companionship that he has needed for so many years...

Wouldn't mind applying for this job.... :D
"Think? It's all I've ever done and it's got me absobloodylutely nowhere"
mohairMK

Postby hazeleyes57 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:15 pm

mohairMK wrote:
Wouldn't mind applying for this job.... :D

Get in line, newby!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :hug:
hazeleyes57

Location: Colchester, England, home of the Iceni, Boudicca and jolly nice cake shops

Postby Englishfan » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:45 pm

mohairMK wrote:I think Foyle needs to "wear the pants" in the relationship

NO comment!!!!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

MohairMK wrote:I am much more interested in HIM getting what HE needs, rather than him trying to resuscitate a woman with so much baggage it will weigh him down. :sick:

RIGHT-ON!!!!! :foyle5:

Just sign my name with your posts, as I agree 100%. :wave:

Englishfan
Englishfan

PreviousNext

Return to News of More Foyle