Hints About the New Episodes!

Hints About the New Episodes!

Postby amiga » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:41 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/foyles-war-return ... 33755.html

Of particular note...

"Horowitz is already at work writing additional episodes for next season, and he and Green dropped hints of what's to come.

"We're taking a very, very close look at Foyle's private life and developing it in a very interesting and, I hope, enjoyable way," Horowitz said.

Does that suggest love may be in store for Foyle? The longtime widower has done nothing more than exchange warm glances with a murder suspect, an attractive blonde, in season three's "They Fought in the Fields" by writer Rob Heyland, among the few episodes Horowitz didn't craft.

"Those are two words I would only use if they are together: 'potential' and 'romance,'" Horowitz said, while Green said they're attempting a "gentle" affair for their leading man.

Adds Horowitz, cheerfully: "If there's going to be romance in 'Foyle's War," I'm going to be the one who damn well writes it."

Is it next year yet? :obsessed:

Amiga
"He's the man men want to be, and the man women want to be with. A good definition of sexy." Anonymous
amiga

Re: Hints About the New Episodes!

Postby starlight » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:49 pm

amiga wrote:Adds Horowitz, cheerfully: "If there's going to be romance in 'Foyle's War," I'm going to be the one who damn well writes it."

Is it next year yet? :obsessed:

Amiga

Sorry Mr Horowitz, some of us have been writing Foyle romance for a while now LOL :toetap:

Starlight
Do I need to remind you...how much you can trust me?
starlight

Postby amiga » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:04 pm

starlight wrote:
Sorry Mr Horowitz, some of us have been writing Foyle romance for a while now LOL :toetap:

Starlight

His key word here is "gentle" affair. Some of what has been written here has been a lot more than "gentle" :lol: I'm sure a "gentle" affair is all MK will even consider.

Amiga
"He's the man men want to be, and the man women want to be with. A good definition of sexy." Anonymous
amiga

Postby starlight » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:27 pm

amiga wrote:
His key word here is "gentle" affair. Some of what has been written here has been a lot more than "gentle" :lol: I'm sure a "gentle" affair is all MK will even consider.

Amiga

He can leave his hat on :foyle5:

Starlight :lol:
starlight

Postby amiga » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:39 pm

Good thing Foyle doesn't wear spats like Major Armstrong! :lol:

Amiga
amiga

Postby Wolesley » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:12 pm

"...we're taking a very, very close look at Foyle's private life..."

A documentary on the art of fly-tying, no doubt! :rofl:

I wonder if this could mean they might consider doing some back-story scenes, casting younger actors as Foyle and Rosalind / Elizabeth / Caroline. That would certainly take the series in a different direction, but it would also still have to connect with a modern post-war storyline. (Would also give Mr. K fewer scenes per episode to film, if he is looking at semi-retirement.)

This could even transition into a mini-series about Foyle's Great War, if a younger actor were to be well-received in the role in a back-story scenario.

Or... If Stella Gonet is available to reprise her role as Barbara Hicks, I'd be thrilled. :cloud9:

Lesley (who will be happy with almost anything Foyle-related, really :samkiss: )
I'm a pole selector; I select poles.
Wolesley

Postby amiga » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:56 am

I, too, would love the return of Stella Gonet. AH did say she was a personal friend of his, so I'm hoping.

I think we can be confident that MK will edit out most of his dialog in any "gentle affair" scene. :lol: We'll have to just guess what he's thinking! Sometimes words do count, and I would like to hear some from him in these scenes.

Amiga
amiga

Postby Wolesley » Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:44 am

amiga wrote:I think we can be confident that MK will edit out most of his dialog in any "gentle affair" scene. :lol: We'll have to just guess what he's thinking!

It'll be a silent movie! Rudolph Valentino-style! :rofl:

Lesley
Wolesley

Postby amiga » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:21 pm

Wolesley wrote:
It'll be a silent movie! Rudolph Valentino-style! :rofl:

Lesley

Valentino was quite the lover so that may not be all bad :lol:

Amiga
amiga

Postby Sunshine » Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:27 pm

It all sounds good!

(And we are way ahead of Mr. Horowitz on writing romance for Mr. Foyle! :foylekiss: :lol: )
Just looked over the chapter on "Horse Racing and Illegal Rambling."

I haven't got the requisite capacity for deceit.
Sunshine

Postby Lynnedean » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:26 am

Anthony Horowitz has tweeted today:

Just got to end of Part 4, Episode 3, Foyle's War. "For Elise". One of the saddest (true) stories I've written.
"Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long." ~ Ogden Nash
Lynnedean

Postby starlight » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:52 am

Lynnedean wrote:Anthony Horowitz has tweeted today:

Just got to end of Part 4, Episode 3, Foyle's War. "For Elise". One of the saddest (true) stories I've written.

Intrigued Lynne. Am expecting strains of Beethoven in the background and not a little cheek-chewing from a mournful-eyed Foyle as the heartrending truth is uncovered. :foyle3:
starlight

Postby Lynnedean » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:34 pm

I'm assuming that "For Elise" means that Mr Hwz has dedicated the episode to the memory of someone called Elise - who's very moving personal story he came across during his research for FW9. But would he use the name of a real person in that way, even if the story he was telling was true? I don't want him to explain at this point, though, so I hope no one asks him about it on Twitter - wondering and waiting for the eventual reveal is part of the fun.
"Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long." ~ Ogden Nash
Lynnedean

Postby Sunshine » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:35 am

Oh, gosh......I don't think I can take an episode sadder than "Broken Souls." (Beautifully done episode that brought tears to my eyes. When I hear that Chopin piece, I always think of that episode.)
Just looked over the chapter on "Horse Racing and Illegal Rambling."

I haven't got the requisite capacity for deceit.
Sunshine

Postby Wolesley » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:34 pm

Oh dear, Mr. Horowitz, no more sad love stories, please -- a little brightness for Mr. F would be much appreciated. :foyle1:

Lesley
Wolesley

Postby Samfan » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:22 pm

@AnthonyHorowitz: I don't believe it. I've just finished Episode Three of Foyle's War. It's really very sad.

And some replies:

@evoque53: @AnthonyHorowitz oh dear hope that doesn't affect our hero too much !

@brownie_boy: @AnthonyHorowitz oh no, does Foyle loose his hat? I hope not ;-) :lol:

@Betsy_Childs: @AnthonyHorowitz Don't kill him! Please.

@LawgalUS: @AnthonyHorowitz Now don't go all Downton Abbey on us. One would hope you did not hear "I want to leave. Kill me off."

@always_southern: @AnthonyHorowitz How many tissues will I need? Please don't kill off anyone.Just too heart wrenching after all these yrs with Foyle & others

Well, I hope he doesn't kill off Foyle's 'love interest.' Then again, it might not be anyone close to Foyle at all, but just someone's very tragic death (or illness, or mistake and now they are paying for it).

Samfan
"It's got so much chalk in it I'm not sure if we should eat it or write with it."
"What are you going to do for the rest of your life, fish? There's bigger fish to be caught here."
Samfan

Postby vicky » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:35 pm

Let's hope this isn't a way to bring Foyle's long awaited 'gentle romance' to an
abrupt end.
vicky

Postby Lynnedean » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:02 pm

Why are folk assuming Foyle is going to be hit in some way by grief? On Twitter yesterday, Anthony Horowitz said that the sad story he was telling in the third ep of FW9 was true. If it is true, it can't involve Foyle on a personal level, can it? It must surely be, as I said in my previous post, to do with a person, or a group of people, who's very moving personal story Anthony Horowitz came across during his research for the new series. He uses real events as the backgrounds to his plots; this must be another, but one that is particularly sad.
Lynnedean

Postby Wolesley » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:45 pm

I do hope you are correct, Lynne. It shouldn't necessarily involve CF on a personal level.

Lesley
Wolesley

Postby hazeleyes57 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:29 pm

Fur Elise - the most wonderful music from Ludwig van Beethoven, I first heard it many years ago and was the reason I wanted to play the piano.

Just a coincidence, or a hint that the episode is about unrequited love? :noidea:
hazeleyes57

Location: Colchester, England, home of the Iceni, Boudicca and jolly nice cake shops

Next

Return to News of More Foyle