Hints About the New Episodes!

Re: Hints About the New Episodes!

Postby starlight » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:36 pm

hazeleyes57 wrote:Fur Elise - the most wonderful music from Ludwig van Beethoven, I first heard it many years ago and was the reason I wanted to play the piano.

Just a coincidence, or a hint that the episode is about unrequited love? :noidea:

They're still arguing about who Elise actually was. :waiting: So if even that isn't settled yet, what chance have we got? :lol:

Starlight
Do I need to remind you...how much you can trust me?
starlight

Postby bee » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:45 pm

A nice interview with AH including some info on the new series:

http://www.lady.co.uk/people/profiles/3 ... y-horowitz

"But Horowitz quickly changes the subject – to another of his much-loved creations, Foyle’s War.

‘It’s coming back next year,’ he says. ‘I’ve just written the first episode, called High Castle. It’s set in 1946, during the Nuremberg trials. Every time I sit down to write an episode of Foyle’s War, I say I’m not going to do any more, and last year I said, “That’s it, I’m stopping.” But the response to the last series was just too good and we managed to reboot the story, too.

‘We started with a wartime detective series, but now we have a Cold War spy drama with Foyle working for MI6 and no more war. It was like moving Downton Abbey to a council estate, and it totally re-energised us.’ But then Horowitz always seems to re-energise himself and find a way through, whether the obstacle is a miserable schooling, the threat of blindness… or even the Reichenbach Falls."
There is no one else...
bee

Postby Lynnedean » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:32 pm

Thanks, Bee (Quietly Engimatic's very own Sherlock Holmes Image)

Hmn, I wonder ... has Anthony Horowitz again forgotten what's gone before and this time can't remember what branch of the Security Services Foyle is now in? In FW8, Foyle was press-ganged into joining MI5, which works within the UK. In the interview, if he has been correctly quoted, Mr Hwz says Foyle is with MI6, which works overseas ... The difference between MI5 and MI6
"Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long." ~ Ogden Nash
Lynnedean

Postby starlight » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:40 pm

Lynnedean wrote:Thanks, Bee (Quietly Engimatic's very own Sherlock Holmes Image)

Hmn, I wonder ... has Anthony Horowitz again forgotten what's gone before and this time can't remember what branch of the Security Services Foyle is now in? In FW8, Foyle was press-ganged into joining MI5, which works within the UK. In the interview, if he has been correctly quoted, Mr Hwz says Foyle is with MI6, which works overseas ... The difference between MI5 and MI6

He needs you as his continuity girl, Lynne :D

Starlight
starlight

Postby Wolesley » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:29 pm

Yeah, MI-5, Tony... :eyeroll:

What did the article refer to when mentioning the threat of blindness? I know AH has back problems and wrist problems from too much sedentary writing, but blindness? I hadn't heard about that.

Lesley
I'm a pole selector; I select poles.
Wolesley

Postby Lynnedean » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:57 pm

He mentioned it on Twitter a little while ago, Lesley. Aware that his eyesight was not as good as it had been, he had consulted an optician and been told that he had a degenerative eye condition. On Twitter, he gave the impression that he believed he was going to lose his sight, but in the interview, in which he goes into a little more detail about the condition, he sounds a little more hopeful.
"Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long." ~ Ogden Nash
Lynnedean

Postby Sunshine » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:47 am

Lynnedean wrote:Thanks, Bee (Quietly Engimatic's very own Sherlock Holmes Image)

Bee and Lynne.......The finders! :D :foyle1:
Just looked over the chapter on "Horse Racing and Illegal Rambling."

I haven't got the requisite capacity for deceit.
Sunshine

Postby bee » Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:51 pm

AH was on the Graham Norton Show today. His interview starts at about 1:38 into the program.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03h3d8x

After the music break they briefly talk about FW. Nothing groundbreaking new, but apparently AH has written all three episodes this time, unless it was a slip of the tongue (great that he has taken the time, but I must admit that I thorougly enjoyed "The Cage" last time around...). I found it slightly amusing when he was asked about FW and MK, he went like Michael Who? :rofl: He must have been asked that question a thousand times...

What a lot of energy! :eek:
There is no one else...
bee

Postby Lynnedean » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:02 pm

Transcript of Anthony Horowitz's comments on the Graham Norton Show re FW and Mr K ...

GN: You're very, very busy … doing what? What are you up to?
AHwz: Well, we have another season of Foyle's War coming, so I've written three episodes of that, which is three two-hour films, which is a lot of writing. So, I've done that in the last four months. We start shooting that in Liverpool in February. And at the same time I've been writing my new Sherlock Holmes book …

After Mr Hwz has talked a little about other things, Graham Norton puts to him a question from a listener …

GN: How important is Michael Kitchen to the success of Foyle's War?
AHwz: Michael? Sorry? … Oh, Kitchen! Em, yes … <laughs> No, of course. Stop that! Em, Michael Kitchen is … he's the heart and soul of Foyle's War. We couldn't do it without him. He -.
GN (interrupting): Do you write it for him now?
AHwz: Yes. He was our first choice of actor for that role. There was nobody else that we ever considered. We were incredibly lucky to get him. Fifteen years ago now – that's how long I've been writing Foyle's War – and we work very, very closely with him. He's now an associate producer on the show, and his performance has absolutely guided and has been central to the way the show has developed.
GN: How many episodes have there been?
AHwz: I myself have written twenty-three two-hours, and I think we're now up to about twenty-five in total. It's an awful lot. I mean, y'know, we've gone on three times longer than the war itself, that's how long it's been, and I'm shell-shocked. <he and GN laugh>

GN then goes on to put another question from a listener, this one asking if there is a creative reason Mr Hwz writes for ITV and not the BBC.
AHwz: The creative reason is the BBC won't employ me.
GN (very surprised): Really?
AHwz: Em, I go in now and then and talk to them. And I know the head of drama fairly well, and we get on very well, but somehow it just never seems to happen, whereas ITV, the door is always open, they're always waiting for the next idea. It's a completely different culture, that's the thing about it. I'm not knocking the BBC, y'know, they make some wonderful drama. I would love to write for them, but for some reason the invitation just isn't there.
Last edited by Lynnedean on Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lynnedean

Postby starlight » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:20 pm

Lynnedean wrote:Transcript of Anthony Horowitz's comments on the Graham Norton Show re FW and Mr K ...

Very interesting. Thanks Lynne. No surprise re MK, but good to hear him given credit due.

Starlight :rose:
starlight

Postby Lynnedean » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:09 am

Sorry, folks - I inadvertently omitted from the transcript of the conversation with Graham Norton the bit in which Anthony Horowitz mentions having written three scripts for the next season of FW. I've now edited the post and corrected the omission.

And doing that has got me wondering about something. Mr Hwz said "we have another season of Foyle's War coming, so I've written three episodes of that." Three episodes of that? We know he'd previously said elsewhere that there would be three episodes and he'd write only two of them. Okay, I know this is just a daft bit of wishful thinking, but could "three episodes of that" possibly - just possibly - indicate that it has now been decided to do four episodes as in the first three seasons, with Mr Hwz writing three and another writer doing the fourth?

Yeah, yeah, I know. :foyle4:
Lynnedean

Previous

Return to News of More Foyle