More Foyle to come!

More Foyle to come!

Postby bee » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:01 am

Tweet from AH:

Anthony Horowitz‏@AnthonyHorowitz8m
So ITV wants more Foyle's War. Looks like I may have been a touch hasty putting away my pen...

YESSSSS!
There is no one else...
bee

Re: More Foyle to come!

Postby Samfan » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:03 am

Just saw that too!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Samfan
"It's got so much chalk in it I'm not sure if we should eat it or write with it."
"What are you going to do for the rest of your life, fish? There's bigger fish to be caught here."
Samfan

Postby hazeleyes57 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:10 am

Spoiler warning for info from last episode if you haven't seen it yet, read no further!

Foyle racing around Hastings on motorbike with Sam and sprog in sidecar..? :lol:

Foyle in the back on his police vehicle, Sam in front, baby at home with stay at home 'new man' Dad Adam? :thumbsup:

I confess I much prefer the police procedurals rather than the spy stuff with the worst possible of 'office politics' you could imagine, even if it does turn Hastings and its environs into Midsummer in terms of its body count. :lol:
hazeleyes57

Location: Colchester, England, home of the Iceni, Boudicca and jolly nice cake shops

Postby Lynnedean » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:29 am

SPOILER

If there are indeed more eps to come, the pregnancy storyline is surely going to cause Mr Hwz a major headache. He painted himself into a corner by succumbing to the temptation to give Sam a happy ending.
"Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long." ~ Ogden Nash
Lynnedean

Postby jewell » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:17 pm

bee wrote:Tweet from AH:

Anthony Horowitz‏@AnthonyHorowitz8m
So ITV wants more Foyle's War. Looks like I may have been a touch hasty putting away my pen...

So do we, Mr Horowitz, so do we!

Jewell
"When they ask why, I'll go: well, it's the least, no, honestly, it's the very bloody least I could do!

"And not just decked him. No! Fried the devious, dirty bastard to a crisp in the luxury of his over-waxed car!"
jewell

Postby amiga » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:28 pm

Thanks, Bee, you just made my day!!

Amiga
"He's the man men want to be, and the man women want to be with. A good definition of sexy." Anonymous
amiga

Postby historianheidi » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:46 pm

I hope A Hwz does get his pen out again. :thumbsup:

SPOILER!!!

The pregnancy/baby storyline was the first thing that popped into my head as well and I did wonder how he would get round that one.

I suppose it would partly depend when the new series is set. If another year has passed then the baby would be 6 months old. Perhaps Sam could help Foyle with his cases (be they MI5 or police) while carrying the child around in a baby sling. :biggrin: If Adam wasn't an MP, I could see him being a very early 'new man', Hazeleyes. Or they'd need a very understanding childminder!

Alternatively, they could jump forward 5 years to 1952, when the child would be at school. I think that might be too big a leap though.

In some ways, the baby could be advantageous. Sam and Adam might decide that they'd rather bring him or her up by the seaside than smoggy London (Adam could commute to Westminster) and if CF is now so disillusioned with MI5 that he feels he can't work for them any more, then it would make sense for them all to decamp to Hastings. :foyle1:
historianheidi

Postby Sunshine » Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:16 pm

Woo-Hoo!!!! :foylekiss: :samkiss:

We look forward to AH using his pen again - to get Mr. Foyle away from these shadowy characters and find a way to get Milner (and Andrew) back into the show somehow!
Just looked over the chapter on "Horse Racing and Illegal Rambling."

I haven't got the requisite capacity for deceit.
Sunshine

Postby menopausalgoddess » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:24 pm

Sunshine wrote:Woo-Hoo!!!! :foylekiss: :samkiss:

We look forward to AH using his pen again - to get Mr. Foyle away from these shadowy characters and find a way to get Milner (and Andrew) back into the show somehow!

Definitely - I'd prefer a move away from London, if that were possible.
menopausalgoddess

Postby Samfan » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:51 pm

SPOILER for Sunflower

Sam's father retires from the ministry, and he and Mrs. Stewart move to Hastings. Babysitters for Sam and Adam while they work.

Samfan
"It's got so much chalk in it I'm not sure if we should eat it or write with it."
"What are you going to do for the rest of your life, fish? There's bigger fish to be caught here."
Samfan

Postby menopausalgoddess » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:45 pm

Latest Tweet:
Anthony Horowitz ‏@AnthonyHorowitz 32m
Thanks for all the FW tweets - but remember I'm just part of the equation. HW and MK both need to agree! We're talking...

:thumbsup:
menopausalgoddess

Postby jewell » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:58 pm

Well, Mr Horowitz, give us his twitter address and I'll promise one of us will tweet him!

J
"When they ask why, I'll go: well, it's the least, no, honestly, it's the very bloody least I could do!

"And not just decked him. No! Fried the devious, dirty bastard to a crisp in the luxury of his over-waxed car!"
jewell

Postby menopausalgoddess » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:23 pm

jewell wrote:Well, Mr Horowitz, give us his twitter address and I'll promise one of us will tweet him!

J

There'll be a big queue!
menopausalgoddess

Postby Wolesley » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:43 am

Woo-hoo! Here's my proposal for the continuation: sign Julian Ovendon straight away! Get Andrew to drop in on his Dad, discover the unpleasant kind of work he's doing, and insist on taking him back to Hastings to properly retire - which lasts about a week, then they launch a father & son consulting detective business, helping out Milner! Sam and Adam soon join them, with baby.

ETA ...and sign on Andrew Scott as James Devereaux: Foyle and Sons, as noted in the Series 8 thread!

I'd watch that. :biggrin: :rofl:
Lesley
I'm a pole selector; I select poles.
Wolesley

Postby amiga » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:30 am

Wolesley wrote:Woo-hoo! Here's my proposal for the continuation: sign Julian Ovendon straight away! Get Andrew to drop in on his Dad, discover the unpleasant kind of work he's doing, and insist on taking him back to Hastings to properly retire - which lasts about a week, then they launch a father & son consulting detective business, helping out Milner! Sam and Adam soon join them, with baby.

ETA ...and sign on Andrew Scott as James Devereaux: Foyle and Sons, as noted in the Series 8 thread!

Lesley

Oh, it's getting better and better. Love James joining them, Lesley. Yep, shaping up to be an excellent episode. Hope AH is reading

Amiga
"He's the man men want to be, and the man women want to be with. A good definition of sexy." Anonymous
amiga

Postby Englishfan » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:14 pm

Wolesley wrote:Woo-hoo! Here's my proposal for the continuation: sign Julian Ovendon straight away! Get Andrew to drop in on his Dad, discover the unpleasant kind of work he's doing, and insist on taking him back to Hastings to properly retire - which lasts about a week, then they launch a father & son consulting detective business, helping out Milner! Sam and Adam soon join them, with baby.

Lesley

Let's have a Forum Field Trip to Hastings while they film the series that Lesley describes?????? I'll start swimming tomorrow to get there in time.

Englishfan
Englishfan

Postby Wolesley » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:35 am

Englishfan wrote:Let's have a Forum Field Trip to Hastings while they film the series that Lesley describes?????? I'll start swimming tomorrow to get there in time.

I'll start out in my inflatable boat, and when that sinks, I'll swim with you! :biggrin:

Lesley
I'm a pole selector; I select poles.
Wolesley

Postby Englishfan » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:51 pm

Wolesley wrote:I'll start out in my inflatable boat, and when that sinks, I'll swim with you! :biggrin:

Get a big inflatable boat and we'll go together! I'm really only successful at the backstroke anyway, and that would be a LONG trip!

I'll bring munchies and my camera ...for Mr. Kitchen pics, not of us as we drift to England!

Englishfan
Englishfan

Postby Englishfan » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:03 pm

Maybe the pregnancy can be handled by having the baby be a boy who is about 2 years old: Wade!

Still don't know what they would do with him in the series except just be there.

OR, he could be kidnapped and found, safe and sound, by his mom and CF.

Yes, I am a better fan than writer for the show. :awkward: I will leave the writing to AH.

Englishfan
Englishfan

Postby bee » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:55 pm

Anyone able to read this article? Thanks! According to the first sentence AH seems to be pretty optimistic about the return of FW :thumbsup:

http://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/news/peop ... ferrer=RSS
There is no one else...
bee

Next

Return to News of More Foyle