More from Honeysuckle

More from Honeysuckle

Postby amiga » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:15 pm

Full article here:

http://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/ ... -character

"........Costume designer Joan Wadge worked with Honeysuckle to create a mufti wardrobe to echo her previous military uniform. "Honeysuckle is a treat," says Joan. "She's very appreciative of what she wears and looks good in everything. She's a very easy person to dress.

"I tried to keep her wardrobe to a minimum because it's austerity Britain and no one had very much. Her suits have a military look. She wears very little jewellery - no engagement ring, a plain gold wedding band and earrings for best when she is going out."

Michael Kitchen's character Christopher Foyle is even easier to dress. "He is very lowmaintenance," adds Joan. "He has two hired suits and one pair of shoes - the only pair he will wear - which are Michael's own.

"We've had three shirts made for him. He doesn't wear a watch and he has period cufflinks, which we hire"
"He's the man men want to be, and the man women want to be with. A good definition of sexy." Anonymous
amiga

Re: More from Honeysuckle

Postby jewell » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:35 pm

Wait, Foyle used to wear a watch...?

I know it. Must look for evidence.

Maybe he became allergic...

J
"When they ask why, I'll go: well, it's the least, no, honestly, it's the very bloody least I could do!

"And not just decked him. No! Fried the devious, dirty bastard to a crisp in the luxury of his over-waxed car!"
jewell

Postby amiga » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:02 pm

I think he actually has two pair of shoes....his dress shoes and his suede ones.

Amiga
"He's the man men want to be, and the man women want to be with. A good definition of sexy." Anonymous
amiga

Postby sylvia » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:56 pm

Well he is definately wearing his suede shoes in the picture in the new Radio Times - sorry can't post a copy as my scanner is on the blink!
sylvia

Postby ayresorchids » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:53 pm

jewell wrote:Wait, Foyle used to wear a watch...?

J

Doesn't he glance at it, when on the phone with the bomb-threatened Sam?
...And I do hope that you find somebody who deserves you.
ayresorchids

Postby Samfan » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:09 pm

When he's at the hospital talking to his god-daughter, when he sits down and puts his hand on his knee, you can see a watch on his left wrist. Sorry, forgot what the episode name is, and I cannot get on entertainment sites at work.

Samfan

ETA: the episode is Casualties of War
Last edited by Samfan on Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"It's got so much chalk in it I'm not sure if we should eat it or write with it."
"What are you going to do for the rest of your life, fish? There's bigger fish to be caught here."
Samfan

Postby Englishfan » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:20 pm

amiga wrote:Michael Kitchen's character Christopher Foyle is even easier to dress. "He is very lowmaintenance," adds Joan. "He has two hired suits and one pair of shoes - the only pair he will wear - which are Michael's own.

"We've had three shirts made for him. He doesn't wear a watch and he has period cufflinks, which we hire"

I think it's funny that Mr. Kitchen seems to find his way into Honeysuckle's interviews because he doesn't give interviews of his own!

Englishfan
Englishfan

Postby Lynnedean » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:37 pm

sylvia wrote:Well he is definately wearing his suede shoes in the picture in the new Radio Times

The loafers are never seen in the episodes. Presumably, Mr K wears them for comfort when not actually being filmed, e.g. for publicity shots, or when he knows that in this or that scene, his feet won't be in shot.

~ Lynne
"Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long." ~ Ogden Nash
Lynnedean

Postby bee » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:07 pm

sylvia wrote:Well he is definately wearing his suede shoes in the picture in the new Radio Times - sorry can't post a copy as my scanner is on the blink!

No worries, Kitchen Foyle has posted the photo! :biggrin:
There is no one else...
bee

Postby bee » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:50 am

Another interview with Honeysuckle. Some new info about the content of the new series, so SPOILERALERT if you don't want to know...

http://www.whatsontv.co.uk/article/tv-n ... m-is-a-spy
There is no one else...
bee

Postby jewell » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:31 am

Samfan wrote:When he's at the hospital talking to his god-daughter, when he sits down and puts his hand on his knee, you can see a watch on his left wrist. Sorry, forgot what the episode name is, and I cannot get on entertainment sites at work.

Samfan

ETA: the episode is Casualties of War

Spot on, Samfan!
"When they ask why, I'll go: well, it's the least, no, honestly, it's the very bloody least I could do!

"And not just decked him. No! Fried the devious, dirty bastard to a crisp in the luxury of his over-waxed car!"
jewell

Postby jewell » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:59 am

ayresorchids wrote:
jewell wrote:Wait, Foyle used to wear a watch...?

J

Doesn't he glance at it, when on the phone with the bomb-threatened Sam?

Not quite.

Right episode, wrong scene.

The best view of his watch in Among the Few is when Sam is reporting on her first day at the fuel depot you see the watch while Foyle is listening. Then he consults it after asking why Andrew was at the fuel depot and announcing, "I'll ask him" just before the lunch with Rex and Andrew.

Although it took me a bit, I have finished my watch investigation.

In addition to the episodes named by ayresorchids and Samfan I also watched The Hide. Foyle wears a watch in The Hide but you only get a glimpse. A quick glimpse as he's leaving his first interview with James Devereaux. And then later after he's sprung Adam from jail he takes a quick look at his watch before he state, "I must go."

So, Jewell, what's the point?

My point is that Foyle stopped wearing a watch while in America!

And I have a theory:

As he departed the Queen Mary in Brooklyn he was mugged and his watch was stolen. He got in a few good licks on the three miscreants who attacked him but they got away. They were subsequently caught seeking treatment for their injuries but the watch was never recovered.

Foyle had intended to purchase a new watch when he returned to England but he had gotten used to not wearing one and then became involved with helping Sam with whatever he helped her with (no, I'm not bitter that you all have seen it and I haven't, not bitter at all).

So, the great watch mystery is solved. Unless someone else has an opinion.

In reality, hiring a period watch for Mr Kitchen to wear was probably cut out of the budget in favor of something more often seen. Believe me, Foyle's watch makes rare appearances.

And, if you've read this far you're obviously a very fanatical fan, like me, and are probably using reading about the mystery of Foyle's watch as a distraction against opening the very tempting folder labeled SPOILERS Eternity Ring.

Lord, give me strength.

:eyeroll: :whistling: :biggrin:

Jewell

jewell

Postby ayresorchids » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:46 pm

LOL :lol:

He seems more the pocketwatch type--never w/o waistcoat and all--but perhaps they thought that would make him a bit too old-fashioned.
...And I do hope that you find somebody who deserves you.
ayresorchids

Postby Samfan » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:45 pm

I think Foyle also glances at a watch on his wrist [maybe we can't see it] in "Enemy Fire", while waiting for Andrew in the cemetery. He glances at his watch, and then says something to Sam like, "No, we should go..."

Jewell--I like your little story about how Foyle loses his watch.

Samfan
"It's got so much chalk in it I'm not sure if we should eat it or write with it."
"What are you going to do for the rest of your life, fish? There's bigger fish to be caught here."
Samfan

Re: More from Honeysuckle--another watch

Postby Samfan » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:31 pm

Oh, and one thing that really bugs me:

In "Bad Blood", at the end of the episode, when Joe is talking to Foyle at the hospital before Joe leaves for the base and Foyle goes in to talk to Sam. Joe looks at his wrist, and says something like, "I got to get back to base." When he looks at his wrist, there is no watch!! It just looks stupid, because its a close-up view, and there's no watch! Always bugs me.... :-? :geek:

Samfan
Samfan

Postby Sunshine » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:23 pm

Samfan wrote:Oh, and one thing that really bugs me:

In "Bad Blood", at the end of the episode, when Joe is talking to Foyle at the hospital before Joe leaves for the base and Foyle goes in to talk to Sam. Joe looks at his wrist, and says something like, "I got to get back to base." When he looks at his wrist, there is no watch!! It just looks stupid, because its a close-up view, and there's no watch! Always bugs me.... :-? :geek:

Samfan

Maybe Foyle took it! :rofl:
Just looked over the chapter on "Horse Racing and Illegal Rambling."

I haven't got the requisite capacity for deceit.
Sunshine

Postby Samfan » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:29 pm

Sunshine wrote:Maybe Foyle took it! :rofl:

:lol: :lol:
Samfan

Postby starlight » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:35 pm

ayresorchids wrote:LOL :lol:

He seems more the pocketwatch type--never w/o waistcoat and all--but perhaps they thought that would make him a bit too old-fashioned.

Your wish was my command in Ch16 of L'Aimant :lol:
Do I need to remind you...how much you can trust me?
starlight

Postby hazeleyes57 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:28 pm

Samfan wrote:Oh, and one thing that really bugs me:

Samfan

I've not been able to wear a watch for over a year with all my wrist problems, but I still look at the wrist that used to hold a watch when I'm wondering what time it is.
hazeleyes57

Location: Colchester, England, home of the Iceni, Boudicca and jolly nice cake shops

Postby Wolesley » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:41 am

hazeleyes57 wrote: I still look at the wrist that used to hold a watch when I'm wondering what time it is.

Yep, that's when you tell yourself, 'it's two freckles past a hair.' :biggrin:

As a veteran of the Great War, Foyle would have gotten used to the convenience of wearing a wrist watch, which is when & where they were first available, I believe. As for Joe, see comment above!

Lesley
I'm a pole selector; I select poles.
Wolesley

Next

Return to News of More Foyle