More from Honeysuckle

Re: More from Honeysuckle--another watch

Postby Samfan » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:51 pm

hazeleyes57 wrote:I still look at the wrist that used to hold a watch when I'm wondering what time it is.

OK, I'm back, eating humble pie. I misplaced my watch, and now I find myself looking at my empty wrist. Annoying. :geek:

Samfan
"It's got so much chalk in it I'm not sure if we should eat it or write with it."
"What are you going to do for the rest of your life, fish? There's bigger fish to be caught here."
Samfan

Re: More from Honeysuckle

Postby starlight » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:54 pm

Haven't worn a watch in 16 months. Got my iPhone :ugeek:
Do I need to remind you...how much you can trust me?
starlight

Postby Samfan » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:58 pm

I have an iPhone, too, but I prefer a watch--don't have to keep turning my iPhone on and off. I've worn a watch for over 30 years. I hate not having it. I'm determined to find it tonight.

Samfan
"It's got so much chalk in it I'm not sure if we should eat it or write with it."
"What are you going to do for the rest of your life, fish? There's bigger fish to be caught here."
Samfan

Postby Samfan » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:42 am

Samfan wrote:... I'm determined to find it tonight

Found my watch this afternoon :pleased:

Guess I had to be not looking for it in order to find it.... :eyeroll:

Samfn
Samfan

Postby Lynnedean » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:31 am

Samfan wrote:Guess I had to be not looking for it in order to find it....

Thanks for the tip, Samfan. Gonna try it on my brain today, as I've been searching for that without success for quite some time ... :-?
"Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long." ~ Ogden Nash
Lynnedean

Postby mohairMK » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:09 pm

ayresorchids wrote:LOL :lol:

He seems more the pocketwatch type--never w/o waistcoat and all--but perhaps they thought that would make him a bit too old-fashioned.

Foyle IS old fashioned, but that is part of his charm! At least if he doesn't wear a wrist watch he won't have to worry about a tan line. :foyle1:
"Think? It's all I've ever done and it's got me absobloodylutely nowhere"
mohairMK

Postby starlight » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:31 pm

starlight wrote:Haven't worn a watch in 16 months. Got my iPhone :ugeek:

The laugh was on me last Wednesday night when I got the 'black screen of death' on my iPhone. :shock:

Finally figured out how to fix it (hold sleep and home buttons down simultaneously for 10 seconds), but not before I'd passed a hairy two hours grieving not only for the right time, but also for the bits of my life locked inside its impenetrable, obsidian innards. :brickwall:

Moral of the story? Get a watch and an address book. :wink:
starlight

Postby Jillybean » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:33 pm

starlight wrote:
starlight wrote:The laugh was on me last Wednesday night when I got the 'black screen of death' on my iPhone. :shock:

I managed to drop two iPhones down the loo.... in the space of a week! :shock:

Both times the phones were in my back pocket - turns out I don't learn from my own mistakes :sad:

Not having my iPhones for the time they were out of service was nothing compared to the humiliation of having to report the very same aquatic fate of the second phone to the very same chap in the Apple store... the shame of it :oops:

I should start wearing a watch...
There's something about you fascinates me...
Jillybean

Postby Lynnedean » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:47 am

Jillybean wrote:I managed to drop two iPhones down the loo.... [...] Both times the phones were in my back pocket ...

For iPhone read credit card wallet! At least I did it only once. :eyeroll:
"Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long." ~ Ogden Nash
Lynnedean

Postby jewell » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:06 pm

Me, eyeglasses.

No damage but a terrible "yuck" factor.

Jewell
"When they ask why, I'll go: well, it's the least, no, honestly, it's the very bloody least I could do!

"And not just decked him. No! Fried the devious, dirty bastard to a crisp in the luxury of his over-waxed car!"
jewell

Postby hazeleyes57 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:56 pm

I went to use the toilet at work (wearing my lab coat). Leaned forward to flush the cistern and managed to empty the entire contents of my top pocket - multiple pens and pencils, two different sizes of spatula, two pairs of forceps (ordinary and a Spencer-Wells) and my (thankfully laminated) ID.

The dawning horror was compounded by the fact that I had already set the flush in motion :shock: I grabbed the 'sanitation aid' (known locally as a Bog Brush) and jammed it down on top of all my stuff to prevent it 'going with the flow'.
I stuck the 'closed for cleaning' sign in front of the cubicle, went and got some latex gloves and returned to retrieve my stuff.
Thankfully all the metal could be cleaned, as could the ID, but I binned the rest and made sure I always took my coat off after that salutary lesson. :lol:
hazeleyes57

Location: Colchester, England, home of the Iceni, Boudicca and jolly nice cake shops

Postby Wolesley » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:16 pm

Jillybean wrote:
I managed to drop two iPhones down the loo.... in the space of a week! :shock:

I've heard you can dry out a wet cell phone by covering it in rice.
Haven't had to try it yet, but my son just got me the new iPhone 5C, and I'm finding the plastic backplate very slippy. Seems destined to fly out of my hand or pocket at some point!

Lesley
I'm a pole selector; I select poles.
Wolesley

Postby ayresorchids » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:43 pm

Foyle:
You were right about them being selective about what they took, Milner.
All the things that were stolen had the same thing in common.

Milner:
What was that, sir?

Foyle:
They were waterproof.

(tee hee!)
...And I do hope that you find somebody who deserves you.
ayresorchids

Postby dcfoylefan » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:48 pm

I've washed my son's cell phone twice now. The rice trick works pretty well on a cheap phone, though maybe not on an iphone.
aka britishdetectives.tumblr.com
dcfoylefan

Postby Jillybean » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:11 pm

Strangely both drowned iPhones seemed to carry on working 'normally' for a few hours before they just gave up the ghost :sad:

But I found this online and they too advocate the rice idea. So seeing as it's likely to happen to me again, I will ensure some basmati in a bag is ready, thanks for the tip :thumbsup:

http://iphone.appstorm.net/how-to/phone/how-to-save-a-wet-iphone-or-ipod-touch/
Jillybean

Postby starlight » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:16 pm

Jillybean wrote:Strangely both drowned iPhones seemed to carry on working 'normally' for a few hours before they just gave up the ghost :sad:

But I found this online and they too advocate the rice idea. So seeing as it's likely to happen to me again, I will ensure some basmati in a bag is ready, thanks for the tip :thumbsup:

http://iphone.appstorm.net/how-to/phone/how-to-save-a-wet-iphone-or-ipod-touch/

Alternatively, just empty a couple of bags of rice down the loo first (this daft thread could run and run) :cool:
starlight

Postby Jillybean » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:23 pm

starlight wrote:Alternatively, just empty a couple of bags of rice down the loo first (this daft thread could run and run) :cool:

Indeedy, rice in toilets is definitely digressing from the original thread post.... not sure if I even remember what the thread began as now.... oh yes costume designer Joan Wadge....
Jillybean

Previous

Return to News of More Foyle