New Foyle's War Photo

Re: New Foyle's War Photo

Postby Pers » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:50 pm

bee wrote:Foyle's first appearance... :foylekiss:

https://twitter.com/AnthonyHorowitz/sta ... 56/photo/1

I laughed at Anthony's "They'll add the rest of the ship later." Of course, my fannish brain was thinking of Sam, not an ACTUAL SHIP! :obsessed: :whistling:
Pers

Postby bellis » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:28 pm

Thanks, Bee. It's a pity after all this build-up that they can't go back to four episodes per series instead of just three. Shouldn't complain really, it's better than no episodes at all!
bellis

Postby Pers » Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:25 pm

ITV, like everyone else, is dealing with budget cuts - fewer companies offering money to pay for adverts, and quality period drama always has the most expensive budget in any TV schedule.

TBH, when I reached the end of the S7 DVDs earlier this year, I thought that was it for good. I couldn't believe my luck when AH announced he was bringing Foyle back just a few weeks later.
Pers

Postby Sunshine » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:27 pm

Back from collaring Mr. Paige, no doubt. :foyle1:
Just looked over the chapter on "Horse Racing and Illegal Rambling."

I haven't got the requisite capacity for deceit.
Sunshine

Postby Pers » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:55 am

Sunshine wrote:Back from collaring Mr. Paige, no doubt. :foyle1:

That was my assumption. I'm hoping for at least a little flashback about it - I know we won't get a whole episode devoted to it (sadly) as AH said it'd be too expensive.
Pers

Postby BookwormKate » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:56 pm

Oooh, nice! I do hope he's just back from that unfinished business...Can't wait to see what AH has come up with!
"You could do with a good chat then..."
BookwormKate

Postby Samfan » Thu May 14, 2015 9:08 pm

hazeleyes57 wrote:...Possibly something to do with all the Dr Who extras (who want their mummy :rofl: ) behind them?

Well, I finally understood that reference after seeing the Doctor Who ep "The Empty Child."

Watched it some months ago, and thought of posting, then forgot, and just now thought of it....Been a busy couple of months....

Samfan
"It's got so much chalk in it I'm not sure if we should eat it or write with it."
"What are you going to do for the rest of your life, fish? There's bigger fish to be caught here."
Samfan

Previous

Return to News of More Foyle