Is it really the end?

Is it really the end?

Postby starlight » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:39 am

Is AH weakening already?

Here's the article in The Telegraph (which he apparently liked)
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvan ... odbye.html
Do I need to remind you...how much you can trust me?
starlight

Re: Is it really the end?

Postby BookwormKate » Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:13 pm

Nice article - thanks for sharing the link, starlight. I must say, it seemed to me to be the most "un-final" final ever! Heaps of room for AH to pick up the story. Let's start a petition...
"You could do with a good chat then..."
BookwormKate

Postby Wolesley » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:26 pm

Wheee! And we know Mr. H can never refuse a request. After he finishes a new James Bond and continues Sherlock H. perhaps he'll turn his talents to Foyle again. :biggrin:

Lesley
I'm a pole selector; I select poles.
Wolesley

Postby Lynnedean » Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:15 pm

Wolesley wrote:And we know Mr. H can never refuse a request. After he finishes a new James Bond and continues Sherlock H. perhaps he'll turn his talents to Foyle again.

Remember that for some time Anthony Horowitz has been preparing a dramatic adaptation of Herman Wouk's terrific novel The Caine Mutiny, and even visited the elderly author to talk to him about it. I really want to see that adaptation, so I hope it's very high on his "to do" list.

(I don't for a minute think he'll ever write any more FW, but if by any chance he is considering it, he'd better be quick, cos Michael Kitchen ain't gettin' any younger!)
"Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long." ~ Ogden Nash
Lynnedean

Postby starlight » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:04 pm

Lynnedean wrote:(I don't for a minute think he'll ever write any more FW, but if by any chance he is considering it, he'd better be quick, cos Michael Kitchen ain't gettin' any younger!)

Well, the way to deal with that is to set the next one in the late Fifties. Around the time of Suez? Foyle is going to stay sharp long into retirement :D Now if ONLY we knew somebody from the Cairo Office...?
Do I need to remind you...how much you can trust me?
starlight

Return to News of More Foyle