Spoilers for Series 9

Re: Spoilers for Series 9

Postby Wolesley » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:55 am

Oh, indeed. Precisely, Starlight! But then, I'd have to make sure Jill was with him, to produce the rewritten story. Oh, and then the cast as well. And the crew. Getting crowded in my desolate cabin in the snowy woods! :rofl:

Lesley
I'm a pole selector; I select poles.
Wolesley

Postby BookwormKate » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:08 am

I've strained my eyes at the other two photos that accompanied the one on KF which are on the FB page:

http://goo.gl/Z1jJ6I

In the zoomed out photo it looks like Sam is standing next to Adam, putting a hand on his arm, (and isn't that Valentine across from them?) and then in the second photo, where the Director (or whoever) is explaining the scene, we can see Foyle's coat at the top of the photo, and he is next to a woman in black.

What do you think? Maybe I'm just being hopeful... :noidea:
"You could do with a good chat then..."
BookwormKate

Postby starlight » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:15 am

BookwormKate wrote:I've strained my eyes at the other two photos that accompanied the one on KF which are on the FB page:

http://goo.gl/Z1jJ6I

In the zoomed out photo it looks like Sam is standing next to Adam, putting a hand on his arm, (and isn't that Valentine across from them?) and then in the second photo, where the Director (or whoever) is explaining the scene, we can see Foyle's coat at the top of the photo, and he is next to a woman in black.

What do you think? Maybe I'm just being hopeful... :noidea:

Inconclusive, I'd say. That is definitely Valentine though. And on the right it might be Hilda, although, if so where's the sling we saw her wearing during filming at Tattenhall ("O Death, where is thy sling? :D ), and where's her stick?

Woman next to Adam might be blonde, or it might be a bit of a tree branch. In any case Sam isn't the only blonde in the cast (Hermione G.).

Bah. Just more uncertainty.
Do I need to remind you...how much you can trust me?
starlight

Postby Samfan » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:23 am

I think maybe its Hilda who died. Sam is there because she workeD AT MI-5, and Adam is there to support Sam. I actually hope it's not Hilda....I like her.

Samfan
"It's got so much chalk in it I'm not sure if we should eat it or write with it."
"What are you going to do for the rest of your life, fish? There's bigger fish to be caught here."
Samfan

Postby ayresorchids » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:38 am

In the photo in which the director is saying something near the coffin, the woman standing with Kitchen does not look like Weeks to me. That is to say, she's the right height to be Sam, but Sam doesn't usually show that much leg! :samkiss:
...And I do hope that you find somebody who deserves you.
ayresorchids

Postby EagleDay » Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:11 pm

I don't think it is Sam who died - if so, her father would certainly be there!
..but above all, Losberne, he was irresponsible!
EagleDay

Postby amiga » Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:13 pm

Ok, maybe panic time over. Kitchenfoyle found another tweet by AH

"Just got to the end of Part 4, Episode 3, Foyle's War. "For Elsie". One of the saddest (true) stories I've written"

I'm going with Elsie. Too sad to think of anyone else.

Thanks, KF

Amiga
"He's the man men want to be, and the man women want to be with. A good definition of sexy." Anonymous
amiga

Postby ayresorchids » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:26 pm

When I mentioned our fears to my husband this morning (he is a big fan of mysteries in general, and likes the show a lot), he had two suggestions: (1) that perhaps the producers are staging things to intentionally mislead fans who are keeping just this sort of eagle eye on things; or (2) given that Sam's working for MI-5, perhaps her funeral has to be staged to throw some Commie crook off the scent! :wink:
...And I do hope that you find somebody who deserves you.
ayresorchids

Postby starlight » Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:20 pm

ayresorchids wrote:When I mentioned our fears to my husband this morning (he is a big fan of mysteries in general, and likes the show a lot), he had two suggestions: (1) that perhaps the producers are staging things to intentionally mislead fans who are keeping just this sort of eagle eye on things; or (2) given that Sam's working for MI-5, perhaps her funeral has to be staged to throw some Commie crook off the scent! :wink:

Man, is this fandom desperate! :lol:
starlight

Postby Englishfan » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:31 pm

Is it possible to ask the person who posted the picture who was on the scene? I see the name of the person, but nowhere to comment. Maybe someone is better than I am knowing how to get to the original post and just ask the person who is standing there.

Englishfan
Englishfan

Postby Sunshine » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:02 pm

I think the woman who's standing distantly to Foyle's right is Hilda Pierce; she has that stance that she usually takes with the cane.

I've posted elsewhere how I feel about the killing off of major characters on shows; it's done so often now that it's become a cliché. :puzzled:
Just looked over the chapter on "Horse Racing and Illegal Rambling."

I haven't got the requisite capacity for deceit.
Sunshine

Postby Englishfan » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:37 pm

Is it possible that the person in the grave is a woman who was CF's social interest? Takes care of that! No more social interest! The show can go on and not worry about continuing that story line!!!!!

Maybe?

Englishfan
Englishfan

Postby Lynnedean » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:52 pm

amiga wrote:Ok, maybe panic time over. Kitchenfoyle found another tweet by AH
"Just got to the end of Part 4, Episode 3, Foyle's War. "For Elsie". One of the saddest (true) stories I've written" [...]

That tweet is actually something I reported on this board on 24 September last year, Amiga, which was the day Anthony Horowitz posted it. The episode title isn't "For Elsie", it's "For Elise", a French name. The post and the discussion that followed can be found in this News of More Foyle sub-forum on page one of the thread titled Hints About the New Episodes.

Sounds to me as though Mr Hwz was retelling the story of a French woman who may have been involved in espionage during WWII and paid a heavy price for it.
"Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long." ~ Ogden Nash
Lynnedean

Postby amiga » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:36 pm

Sorry, my typing error on the name....

Apology for not giving you credit for the initial posting. KF just reposted her initial post of the tweet in lieu of the speculation about the cemetery scene so it was current. Hard to keep track of who posts what, when and where.

Amiga
"He's the man men want to be, and the man women want to be with. A good definition of sexy." Anonymous
amiga

Postby Lynnedean » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:07 pm

amiga wrote:Sorry, my typing error on the name....

Apology for not giving you credit for the initial posting. KF just reposted her initial post of the tweet in lieu of the speculation about the cemetery scene so it was current. Hard to keep track of who posts what, when and where.

Not at all concerned about credit, kidda; just wanted to remind folk that we puzzled over this a while back and came up with no answers then, either. :D
"Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long." ~ Ogden Nash
Lynnedean

Postby rhodacr0ft31 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:20 pm

Last day of filming, Slinging Hilda is still around. :wave:

Mind you, who knows what part of the episode is being shot at any one time.

https://twitter.com/grpmonkey/status/45 ... 53/photo/1

Shame, we can't all go to the wrap party, whenever, wherever that is.

Rhodacr0ft31
rhodacr0ft31

Postby Wolesley » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:42 pm

What an infuriating photo! Michael's right in front of the camera!!!
And we can't see him. Aargh. :rofl:

Lesley
Wolesley

Postby Englishfan » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:50 pm

Lynnedean wrote:The post and the discussion that followed can be found in this News of More Foyle sub-forum on page one of the thread titled Hints About the New Episodes.

I'm confused. :noidea: What else is new, right?!

Did we discuss the cemetery scene earlier? I thought it was new. Did we talk about the demise of someone before? :puzzled:

I know the tweet was posted earlier and that was discussed, but now that the scene is shown, aren't we given more clues so we are trying to guess the person who has died by eliminating possibilities of people who are still standing :rofl:

It's been a long week.....sorry if I've further dirtied the waters, but I did think this was a new discussion, but maybe not.

Englishfan
Englishfan

Postby Wolesley » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:52 pm

Lynne, thanks for the voice of calm rationality.
It makes sense that if the episode is titled, For Elise (or Für Elise as in Beethoven's work, Bagatelle No. 25), then the body in the coffin is most likely Elise.
And another lost relationship that never began for Foyle, no doubt.
Wolesley

Postby starlight » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:17 pm

Englishfan wrote:... I did think this was a new discussion, but maybe not.

Englishfan

So did I. Trouble is, I had entirely forgotten the Elise tweet and ensuing thread, which makes it harder to put Sam in the box. :geek:
I no longer think Sam has gone to the big eclair factory in the sky.
Nor do I think Hilda's arm has turned septic and killed her.
Relief. :grouphug:
Would've hated to see AH chained to a typewriter in Lesley's snowbound cabin.
starlight

PreviousNext

Return to News of More Foyle