Spoilers for Series 9

Re: Spoilers for Series 9

Postby starlight » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:59 pm

Sunshine wrote:
Wolesley wrote:Great photo, but will he be in a scene with Foyle?! Certainly hope so. Maybe Foyle will arrest him in a round-up of ne'er-do-wells! :foyle5:

Lesley

He can get him on "illegal rambling." :lol: :foyle5:

I hear they're taking lessons from each other:
Do I need to remind you...how much you can trust me?
starlight

Postby jewell » Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:22 pm

Uh, wrong thread, Starlight.

Unless you are likening AH to a horse?
:rofl:

(with love) (and humor)

Jewell
"When they ask why, I'll go: well, it's the least, no, honestly, it's the very bloody least I could do!

"And not just decked him. No! Fried the devious, dirty bastard to a crisp in the luxury of his over-waxed car!"
jewell

Postby starlight » Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:29 pm

jewell wrote:Uh, wrong thread, Starlight.

Unless you are likening AH to a horse?
:rofl:

(with love) (and humor)

Jewell

Whoops. Yeah. I meant the one with the nag. :duh: :lol:
starlight

Postby starlight » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:07 am

Our new member TicketyBoo thinks Sam looks "a little pregnant" in this series. I agree, based on Bee's pictorial find.
starlight

Postby mohairMK » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:39 am

Wolesley wrote:Uh-oh. He must think it's another final episode. :shock: :rofl:
(chances are, this is the final series, though)
Lesley

This makes me sad. :cry:
"Think? It's all I've ever done and it's got me absobloodylutely nowhere"
mohairMK

Postby jewell » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:51 am

starlight wrote:Our new member TicketyBoo thinks Sam looks "a little pregnant" in this series. I agree, based on Bee's pictorial find.

And we're now thinking that this series is set just a few months after Series 8, then?

Certainly avoids all of the complications a little bugger will bring Sam. It was going to be difficult to write Sam schlepping around with The Man if she had a baby at home.

More fuel to Lesley's thought that this will be the last series - plotting only gets more difficult after the child's birth.

:foyle3:
"When they ask why, I'll go: well, it's the least, no, honestly, it's the very bloody least I could do!

"And not just decked him. No! Fried the devious, dirty bastard to a crisp in the luxury of his over-waxed car!"
jewell

Postby starlight » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:11 pm

jewell wrote:
starlight wrote:Our new member TicketyBoo thinks Sam looks "a little pregnant" in this series. I agree, based on Bee's pictorial find.

And we're now thinking that this series is set just a few months after Series 8, then?

Certainly avoids all of the complications a little bugger will bring Sam. It was going to be difficult to write Sam schlepping around with The Man if she had a baby at home.

More fuel to Lesley's thought that this will be the last series - plotting only gets more difficult after the child's birth.

:foyle3:

Well, it would be a neat segue from the
-"Where to, Sir?"
- "Good question..."
cliffhanger.

Loving those maternal instincts coming through there, Jewell ("a little bugger" :rofl: ).

S :rose:
starlight

Postby starlight » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:27 pm

Wolesley wrote:So far we have guest female characters as follows:
Hermione Gulliford, actress age unknown, in all 3 episodes as 'Elizabeth Addis.'
Emma Fielding, actress aged 48, character name not known yet.
Katherine Press, actress aged 26, as 'Sophie Corrigan.'

Lesley :geek:

Yep. And it appears that "Sophie Corrigan" is going to get banged about a bit. See Twitter exchange between flame-haired-Foyle's War-actresses-who-could-pass-for-mother-and-daughter:
starlight

Postby Wolesley » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:36 pm

Gaaah! I want to be there watching!!!

Lesley
I'm a pole selector; I select poles.
Wolesley

Postby Wolesley » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:51 pm

Any ideas as to what Honeysuckle is doing in this photo? They seem about to do a take, so it didn't seem likely to me that she was having a nosh of something... Applying fake blood? Is this going to be the most violent episode yet!? :shock: I'm worried, but then, I am known to have misinterpreted photos in the past...

Lesley
Wolesley

Postby jewell » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:45 am

I don't know - morning sickness?? :biggrin:

J

jewell

Postby rhodacr0ft31 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:34 am

Ack, I was doing so well not looking out for spoilers, then I go and look at kitchenfoyle site, and there is a funeral scene.

Foyle is at the funeral, and so is Adam. I don't see Sam. OK, maybe she went off to a cafe somewhere to grab a dozen chocolate eclairs... :toetap:

http://kitchenfoyle.tumblr.com/post/830 ... s-cemetery

RC31
rhodacr0ft31

Postby starlight » Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:53 am

rhodacr0ft31 wrote:Ack, I was doing so well not looking out for spoilers, then I go and look at kitchenfoyle site, and there is a funeral scene.

Foyle is at the funeral, and so is Adam. I don't see Sam. OK, maybe she went off to a cafe somewhere to grab a dozen chocolate eclairs... :toetap:

http://kitchenfoyle.tumblr.com/post/830 ... s-cemetery

RC31

About right, I'd say :rofl:
starlight

Postby Wolesley » Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:41 am

THERE IS NO WAY THEY COULD DO THAT TO SAM! Or I would have to be put away under supervised care. Don't even fake her death for some plot device - it would be too upsetting! OMG.

Maybe someone took another shot at Hilda? But, again, why would Adam be there? Must have something to do with his political career - he and Sam have asked Foyle for help again?

Oh, lord. The suspense is killing me.

Lesley
(back to writing fanfic, where I have a modicum of control over developments) :foyle5:
Wolesley

Postby amiga » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:49 am

Kitchenfoyle just posted this from September. Oh, dear...,.,

" Anthony Horowitz ‏@AnthonyHorowitz Sep 25
I don't believe it. I've just finished Episode Three of Foyle's War. It's really very sad."

Why would it just be CF and Adam at the cemetery if it was someone else. CF is walking away and Adam is looking back. Does not look too promising.

I'm thinking they all decided it was the end. AH has been saying it for two series now that he's tired of it. Maybe HW wanted out to do other things, so that's how it will end. MK never says anything, so we don't know how he feels. Always leaves it open for CF to come back at some point. Sam's storyline wasn't very good, IMO. Should have just left her with CF at MI-5. I didn't feel the whole Adam thing worked from the beginning no matter who played him, and how was Sam going to fit in with a baby?

I can't even think about it because I'm not sure how much we will see of MK after it. He hasn't done anything major since Mobil. I love Pern, but that's not going to cut it.

Amiga
"He's the man men want to be, and the man women want to be with. A good definition of sexy." Anonymous
amiga

Postby Englishfan » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:55 am

Is the good-bye to both Sam and their baby?

Englishfan
Englishfan

Postby Wolesley » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:03 am

Really, no need to panic - Foyle and Adam were just observing the people who attended the funeral, I'm sure. Spying on baddies. Sam was at the doctor's, making sure everything is still tickety-boo. Yep. That's it. :biggrin: :samkiss: :foylekiss:

Lesley (taking calming deep breaths, now)
Wolesley

Postby Wolesley » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:12 am

As some of the crew have generously Tweeted, and pictures prove, the Director and Cinematographer are choosing to use a lot of crane shots in these episodes, filming down onto the actors and the action.
Anyone care to discuss the cinematic significance of that choice? What emotional or dramatic tone is conveyed by such an angle?

Okay, I'll give it a shot: the characters will appear as merely pawns in the events, as though an omnipotent being is controlling them for its sport? :noidea:

Lesley
Wolesley

Postby starlight » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:40 am

Wolesley wrote:THERE IS NO WAY THEY COULD DO THAT TO SAM! Or I would have to be put away under supervised care. Don't even fake her death for some plot device - it would be too upsetting! OMG.

Maybe someone took another shot at Hilda? But, again, why would Adam be there? Must have something to do with his political career - he and Sam have asked Foyle for help again?

Oh, lord. The suspense is killing me.

Lesley
(back to writing fanfic, where I have a modicum of control over developments) :foyle5:

Calm down. It's "only" canon. :splatjane:
(The real plot's happening in UXB. :cool: )

But if it does turn out to be Death By Chocolate Eclair for Sam... let's hope AH's car does not get stranded in the snow near you :awkward:
starlight

Postby mohairMK » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:49 am

amiga wrote:Why would it just be CF and Adam at the cemetery if it was someone else. CF is walking away and Adam is looking back. Does not look too promising...

I'm thinking they all decided it was the end...I can't even think about it because I'm not sure how much we will see of MK after it. He hasn't done anything major since Mobil. I love Pern, but that's not going to cut it.

I'd agree, and that is what is making this thread so upsetting...I just don't want to think about anything happening to Sam, even with the changes in her plot line, FW is better with her than without her. And we know The Man has a couple more seasons of FW left in him, if AH will just hang in there for us... :|
"Think? It's all I've ever done and it's got me absobloodylutely nowhere"
mohairMK

PreviousNext

Return to News of More Foyle