Spoilers for Series 9

Re: Spoilers for Series 9

Postby mohairMK » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:23 am

Englishfan wrote:Is it possible that the person in the grave is a woman who was CF's social interest? Takes care of that! No more social interest! The show can go on and not worry about continuing that story line!!!!!

Good thought, EF! :wink:
"Think? It's all I've ever done and it's got me absobloodylutely nowhere"
mohairMK

Postby mohairMK » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:27 am

starlight wrote:Would've hated to see AH chained to a typewriter in Lesley's snowbound cabin.

Don't know about that...anything to keep him writing more Foyle's War series!! :foyle5:
"Think? It's all I've ever done and it's got me absobloodylutely nowhere"
mohairMK

Postby TicketyBoo » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:23 pm

This pains me to say, but it could be Samantha in the box. If you look at the couple to the right of the zoomed in photo, it appears the man could be wearing a clerical collar. The woman would be her mother. But where's Uncle Aubrey? Unless this is some hush-hush MI-5 send-off and he wasn't to be invited because of security clearance or some other cloak 'n' dagger nonsense.
Foyle standing alone says a great deal. The woman comforting Adam could be Hilda, but is that really her style?
Could Elise be Sam and Adam's daughter? Did Sam die in childbirth a la Lady Sybill on "Downtown Abbey?"
This is torture.
TicketyBoo
TicketyBoo

Postby Wolesley » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:18 am

I really don't think so, TB. After my initial panic, I've come around to the idea that the title of the episode is the key - For Elise.
However, this photo from the filming shows Sam with a definite cut or bruise on her cheek, so clearly there will be some violence and action in the three episodes of S10:
(Photo from KitchenFoyle's tumblr for April 19th.)

I'm a pole selector; I select poles.
Wolesley

Postby TicketyBoo » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:02 am

I do hope you are correct, Lesley. As I said before, this is torture. TBoo
TicketyBoo

Postby Lynnedean » Wed May 21, 2014 10:12 am

Not a spoiler but a teaser - latest tweet from Anthony Horowitz ...
    Watched the season finale of Foyle's War last night - and shed a tear. It's a blinder, I promise you.
Why the tear? I reckon it was probably to do with something that really happened during WWII that Mr Hwz has included in his plot (the Elise thing), but could it also have been because it was more than just the season finale? (Just a thought, Amiga; just a thought. :D )
"Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long." ~ Ogden Nash
Lynnedean

Postby amiga » Wed May 21, 2014 2:22 pm

Lynnedean wrote:Not a spoiler but a teaser - latest tweet from Anthony Horowitz ...
    Watched the season finale of Foyle's War last night - and shed a tear. It's a blinder, I promise you.
Why the tear? I reckon it was probably to do with something that really happened during WWII that Mr Hwz has included in his plot (the Elise thing), but could it also have been because it was more than just the season finale? (Just a thought, Amiga; just a thought. :D )

I've stopped trying to figure AH out....hurts my brain. :smile: He changes his story all the time. Guess we'll have to wait to see if ITV wants more. I still believe that is his motivator.

Amiga
"He's the man men want to be, and the man women want to be with. A good definition of sexy." Anonymous
amiga

Postby TicketyBoo » Thu May 22, 2014 12:21 am

Lynnedean wrote:Not a spoiler but a teaser - latest tweet from Anthony Horowitz ...

I think he's torturing us. And I am not happy about it. :-x
TicketyBoo
TicketyBoo

Postby Wolesley » Thu May 22, 2014 12:32 am

Oh, lord. The suspense.
Perhaps the Brits amongst us could clarify the nuances of the word 'blinder' in this instance. It's not a term used in North America.

Lesley :Canadaflag:
Wolesley

Postby amiga » Thu May 22, 2014 12:38 am

I took it as something you don't see coming. Interested to hear what it means in the UK

Amiga
"He's the man men want to be, and the man women want to be with. A good definition of sexy." Anonymous
amiga

Postby Samfan » Thu May 22, 2014 12:40 am

Blind with tears? Can't see for crying?

Samfan
"It's got so much chalk in it I'm not sure if we should eat it or write with it."
"What are you going to do for the rest of your life, fish? There's bigger fish to be caught here."
Samfan

Postby Samfan » Thu May 22, 2014 12:45 am

Samfan wrote:Blind with tears? Can't see for crying?

Samfan

Perhaps not. Maybe, "A really good performance":

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/dictionary/british/blinder_1

Samfan
"It's got so much chalk in it I'm not sure if we should eat it or write with it."
"What are you going to do for the rest of your life, fish? There's bigger fish to be caught here."
Samfan

Postby starlight » Thu May 22, 2014 3:11 am

a blinder = something dazzlingly brilliant; stunningly good
Do I need to remind you...how much you can trust me?
starlight

Postby Wolesley » Thu May 22, 2014 4:53 am

Then Horowitz's tears were tears of joy, one hopes. :awkward:

Lesley (perspiring with anxiety and anticipation)
Wolesley

Postby Jillybean » Thu May 22, 2014 5:58 pm

Further to Starlight's description, I mostly hear the word blinder in football, e.g. "he played a blinder' or "that goal was a blinder". Meaning it was played very, very well, with skill etc. David Beckham's free kicks were always blinders :biggrin:
There's something about you fascinates me...
Jillybean

Previous

Return to News of More Foyle