New House, no internet (yet)

For problematic devices, dvds, players, computers (...or Forums).

New House, no internet (yet)

Postby Samfan » Sun May 27, 2018 8:56 pm

We moved into a new house this past week. We've had no phone or internet (except for our phones) all week. The phone person came yesterday, but could not finish, because the crew that was supposed to come after him to finish was not working (we thought it odd that he was working on a holiday [Memorial Day=U.S.] weekend). We have our Direct TV (satellite) hookup, so we can watch TV. But no Netflix or Amazon Video. Good thing I have a DVD player. I just spent a pleasant afternoon watching The German Woman.

Anyway, I found this and thought it was applicable:
Attachments
Little-House-on-Prairie_opt.jpg
Little-House-on-Prairie_opt.jpg (16.82 KiB) Viewed 74 times
"It's got so much chalk in it I'm not sure if we should eat it or write with it."
"What are you going to do for the rest of your life, fish? There's bigger fish to be caught here."
Samfan

Re: New House, no internet (yet)

Postby Sunshine » Wed May 30, 2018 1:34 pm

Congratulations on your new house, Samfan! :applause: :applause: :applause:

Of course, the best technology is sometimes a good book. :D
Just looked over the chapter on "Horse Racing and Illegal Rambling."

I haven't got the requisite capacity for deceit.
Sunshine

Re: New House, no internet (yet)

Postby Samfan » Wed May 30, 2018 4:51 pm

Sunshine wrote:Congratulations on your new house, Samfan! :applause: :applause: :applause:

Of course, the best technology is sometimes a good book. :D

Thanks. I'm living with my parents, and they haven't bought a new home in 42 years (its their house). Quite a project. Thankfully, we only live in the next subdivision over from our old home, about 3 minutes away.

And I do have a good book: The Brutal Telling, by Louise Penny (Armand Gamache novel--we have a whole thread on him elsewhere on QE). We've been so tired from moving and arranging that we were not much bothered about no Netflix or Amazon. Too tired to watch.

Samfan
"It's got so much chalk in it I'm not sure if we should eat it or write with it."
"What are you going to do for the rest of your life, fish? There's bigger fish to be caught here."
Samfan

Return to Tech Talk