Prince Phillip

Hey there neighbour, what's new?

Prince Phillip

Postby Englishfan » Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:57 am

Does anyone in the U.K. know how Prince Phillip is doing? I have heard he will be in the hospital again tonight, but no word on exactly why. Complications from the first procedure or precaution?

Englishfan
Englishfan

Re: Prince Phillip

Postby Sunshine » Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:58 pm

Just looked over the chapter on "Horse Racing and Illegal Rambling."

I haven't got the requisite capacity for deceit.
Sunshine

Postby hazeleyes57 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:38 am

He's much better out of hospital than in, even in Papworth. I'd bet he'd be a terrible patient, eager to get home, but he wouldn't be horrible to the staff.
My dad was presented to Prince Philip at the Queen's Garden Party last year and when he spoke to Dad, the Prince showed him the stitches he had on his hand - he was quite proud of them!!
hazeleyes57

Location: Colchester, England, home of the Iceni, Boudicca and jolly nice cake shops

Postby Sunshine » Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:18 pm

What a wonderful thing! (The presentation, of course, not the stitches! :lol: )

Sunshine

Postby Englishfan » Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:06 am

hazeleyes57 wrote:He's much better out of hospital than in, even in Papworth. I'd bet he'd be a terrible patient, eager to get home, but he wouldn't be horrible to the staff.
My dad was presented to Prince Philip at the Queen's Garden Party last year and when he spoke to Dad, the Prince showed him the stitches he had on his hand - he was quite proud of them!!

Hazeleyes,
That is so fascinating to me that your dad has met Prince Philip...and the Queen? What led to your dad receiving this honor?
Englishfan
Englishfan

Postby hazeleyes57 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:15 am

I finally remembered to ask my Dad why they (Mum was with him) were at the Garden Party!

Dad used to be an officer in the Army, and he now does a lot of work for the Army Benevolent Fund. He organises parties, trips abroad, fund raising, raffles, and both he and my mum volunteer at the Army Museum regularly. The chap in charge of the division they live in asked for nominations to go forward to the Garden Party and my Dad's name was put up. Hundreds of names from all over the country were submitted and the Palace picked two - Dad being one of them.

Both of my parents were pleased to be there, they considered it a great honour. Dad was taken inside to the presenting rooms and told where to stand and how to address the Prince, etc. Our family have always had a soft spot for Prince Philip - he's tactless, just like me, but he is always being quoted out of context. He doesn't suffer fools gladly, but then why should he? :lol:

They had a fantastic day, and mum's outfit was lovely; she was even complimented by the duty policewoman who told her it was by far the best she had seen all day. Dad said that Prince Philip was a decent chap - high praise indeed!! :rofl:
hazeleyes57

Location: Colchester, England, home of the Iceni, Boudicca and jolly nice cake shops

Postby Sunshine » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:14 am

What a great thing - both your parents' volunteer work and the invitation! :mrgreen:

Sunshine

Return to Over the Back Fence