"Foyled Again" tee shirts

Hey there neighbour, what's new?

"Foyled Again" tee shirts

Postby kitchenwonder » Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:06 am

A member of the Foyle's War Appreciation Society on Facebook has spear-headed a tee shirt celebrating Foyle. Take a look if you are interested. The shirts are available in men's and women's styles, and must be ordered within the next 24 days.

Check out this link: http://inktothepeople.com/foyled-again-11 :thumbsup:
"Well...The Foyles, you know, always have been hard to resist." (Enemy Fire S3E2)
"If Michael Kitchen played a corpse, you would still watch him more than anyone else." (Jaci Stephen, The Mail, November 3, 2002)
kitchenwonder

Re: "Foyled Again" tee shirts

Postby Wolesley » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:13 pm

Does anyone know what the tshirt fundraiser is for? All it says is 'Building a better life' but there is no info as to what that means. Just wondering where the money is going.

Lesley
I'm a pole selector; I select poles.
Wolesley

Postby amiga » Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:34 pm

Wolesley wrote:Does anyone know what the tshirt fundraiser is for? All it says is 'Building a better life' but there is no info as to what that means. Just wondering where the money is going.

Lesley

I just asked the question. I'll let you know what they say. I wondered the same thing.

Amiga
"He's the man men want to be, and the man women want to be with. A good definition of sexy." Anonymous
amiga

Postby kitchenwonder » Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:46 pm

Wolesley wrote:Does anyone know what the tshirt fundraiser is for? All it says is 'Building a better life' but there is no info as to what that means. Just wondering where the money is going.

Lesley

The organizer is taking suggestions. The shirt website requires a "fundraiser". The only suggestion so far is to donate to a PBS station in the name of the Foyles War Appreciation Society. :foyle5:
"Well...The Foyles, you know, always have been hard to resist." (Enemy Fire S3E2)
"If Michael Kitchen played a corpse, you would still watch him more than anyone else." (Jaci Stephen, The Mail, November 3, 2002)
kitchenwonder

Postby amiga » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:38 am

Reply from the gentleman who organized it on FB's Foyle's War Appreciation Society

"Charlie Glendinning: It is double-talk. This company does T-shirts for campaigns and submitting a rationale for the project is a required element. You can't proceed until it is filled in. I filled it in. If you buy a "Foyled Again' T-shirt, you will have a better life."

I don't really understand the whole thing, but there you have it. $15 for a t-shirt isn't bad, so no one is getting ripped off in my view. Seems to have made a lot of people happy

Amiga
"He's the man men want to be, and the man women want to be with. A good definition of sexy." Anonymous
amiga

Postby Wolesley » Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:52 am

Thanks for investigating, Amiga. I'm sure I will have a better life with a FW t-shirt!

Lesley
I'm a pole selector; I select poles.
Wolesley

Postby amiga » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:13 pm

Wolesley wrote:Thanks for investigating, Amiga. I'm sure I will have a better life with a FW t-shirt!

Lesley

Who wouldn't be happy with him on their chest :D

Amiga
amiga

Postby kitchenwonder » Sat May 07, 2016 8:27 pm

Back by popular demand of Foyles War Appreciation Society members (on Facebook).

This time it clearly states: "All funds raised will go towards Support for Public Broadcasting Stations " :foyle5:

The window of opportunity to place an order is limited to the next eight days: http://inktothepeople.com/foyled-again-11
kitchenwonder

Postby kitchenwonder » Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:25 pm

If any Kitchenettes are interested, "Foyled Again" tee shirts are being offered for a fourth time. See: http://inktothepeople.com/foyle4

There have been many new members to the Foyle's War Appreciation Society Facebook page and many requests have been made for the shirts. You will see new colors and a different color scheme for the lettering. :obsessed:

Note that "All funds raised will go towards Public Broadcasting System. " (Tee shirts cannot be offered through this company without a fund raiser. The amount generated by each sale is nominal, and will go to a good cause, i.e., PBS.) :thumbsup:

This is a public service announcement! :foyle5:
kitchenwonder

Return to Over the Back Fence