Bowie and Stewpot - R.I.P.

Hey there neighbour, what's new?

Bowie and Stewpot - R.I.P.

Postby Lynnedean » Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:14 pm

The irreplaceable David Bowie has gone, and so has much-loved British radio DJ and TV presenter Ed Stewart. There are some people you think will always be there, but ...

Another chapter of my life has closed. I can't put into words what I'm feeling.

R.I.P., Starman.
R.I.P., Stewpot.
"Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long." ~ Ogden Nash
Lynnedean

Re: Bowie and Stewpot - R.I.P.

Postby kitchentease » Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:24 pm

Difficult to come to terms with losing David Bowie so soon after releasing "Blackstar"-rather a prescient title, don't you think? I feel much like you, Lynnedean.
But, what does the brain matter....compared to the heart?
kitchentease

Postby Wolesley » Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:02 am

It really does feel like the end of an era. I've been sad all day. A phenomenon of talent, style, grace and individualism. R. I. P. Starman.

Lesley
I'm a pole selector; I select poles.
Wolesley

Postby Janewilts » Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:49 pm

I have just read in The Daily Mail an article by Tom Leonard saying that David Bowie loved Foyles War A great singer with really good taste in TVs programmes :thumbsup: RIP
Janewilts

Postby Lynnedean » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:40 am

Janewilts wrote:I have just read in The Daily Mail an article by Tom Leonard saying that David Bowie loved Foyles War

Jill Green (Anthony Horowitz's wife and exec of the company that produced FW) has come across that fact quoted in another newspaper. She has just tweeted "Been addicted to Bowie for years ... now I discover he was also a lover of our drama series Foyle's War. Wonderful." The relevant quote reads: "He liked nothing more than to eat shepherd’s pie, watch old episodes of Foyle’s War and read British newspapers."
"Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long." ~ Ogden Nash
Lynnedean

Return to Over the Back Fence