[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Quietly Enigmatic • View topic - Bowie and Stewpot - R.I.P.

Bowie and Stewpot - R.I.P.

Hey there neighbour, what's new?

Bowie and Stewpot - R.I.P.

Postby Lynnedean » Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:14 pm

The irreplaceable David Bowie has gone, and so has much-loved British radio DJ and TV presenter Ed Stewart. There are some people you think will always be there, but ...

Another chapter of my life has closed. I can't put into words what I'm feeling.

R.I.P., Starman.
R.I.P., Stewpot.
"Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long." ~ Ogden Nash
Lynnedean

Re: Bowie and Stewpot - R.I.P.

Postby kitchentease » Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:24 pm

Difficult to come to terms with losing David Bowie so soon after releasing "Blackstar"-rather a prescient title, don't you think? I feel much like you, Lynnedean.
But, what does the brain matter....compared to the heart?
kitchentease

Postby Wolesley » Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:02 am

It really does feel like the end of an era. I've been sad all day. A phenomenon of talent, style, grace and individualism. R. I. P. Starman.

Lesley
Wolesley

Postby Janewilts » Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:49 pm

I have just read in The Daily Mail an article by Tom Leonard saying that David Bowie loved Foyles War A great singer with really good taste in TVs programmes :thumbsup: RIP
Janewilts

Postby Lynnedean » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:40 am

"Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long." ~ Ogden Nash
Lynnedean

Return to Over the Back Fence