Slogan

Hey there neighbour, what's new?

Slogan

Postby ayresorchids » Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:57 pm

Does anyone understand this quotation? I can't think what episode it might be from, or to what it refers...

http://shop.cafepress.com/foyle%27s-war
...And I do hope that you find somebody who deserves you.
ayresorchids

Re: Slogan

Postby Lynnedean » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:27 pm

I don't think it's anything to do with FW, Chris. Looks to me as though the name of the series is being used simply to draw people to the website.

~ Lynne
"Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long." ~ Ogden Nash
Lynnedean

Postby Englishfan » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:04 pm

Lynnedean wrote:I don't think it's anything to do with FW, Chris. Looks to me as though the name of the series is being used simply to draw people to the website.

~ Lynne

I think that's it, too. I DO understand the trout quote! Don't remember hearing it on FW, but it could well have been said as it quotes CF.

BTW, 20" of snow in the backyard and still coming down. Glad I have my stash of FW's, etc. as all channels seem to be reviewing and forecasting the snow.

Could have 12" more by Sat. noon.

I mentioned that the snow blower was facing out of the garage (always important to have it heading that way), but details were never my strength: very little gas! Got the drive opened enough to take a 4-wheel drive vehicle to the gas station. All set now. But no one is moving as schools, etc. are closed.

Beautiful. Really beautiful.

Englishfan
Englishfan

Postby foylefan » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:13 pm

Ohhh...have fun! It must be extremely beautiful!
foylefan

Postby ayresorchids » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:16 pm

Englishfan wrote:I think that's it, too. I DO understand the trout quote! Don't remember hearing it on FW, but it could well have been said as it quotes CF.

Englishfan

[Andrew and his father are fishing at the river.]

Andrew: You know, I don't think I can quite work out the attraction of spending half a day, ankle deep in mud, in pursuit of a fish too stupid to even come near us.
Foyle: Andrew, just never underestimate the intelligence of a trout. And they can hear you from forty feet away, so do be quiet! :foyle3:
...And I do hope that you find somebody who deserves you.
ayresorchids

Postby Sunshine » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:10 pm

Thanks Chris!

It's from "The German Woman," Englishfan. Guess you'll just have to watch it again...... :foyle5:
Just looked over the chapter on "Horse Racing and Illegal Rambling."

I haven't got the requisite capacity for deceit.
Sunshine

Postby Englishfan » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:00 am

Thank-you Sunshine and Ayresorchids!

The explanation makes sense and the assignment to rewatch the episode will be a pleasure! I'll do it!

Englishfan.
Englishfan

Return to Over the Back Fence