[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Quietly Enigmatic • View topic - SNOW????

SNOW????

Hey there neighbour, what's new?

Re: SNOW????

Postby Lynnedean » Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:47 am

I can hardly it believe it - it's the Saturday between Good Friday and Easter Sunday, and it's started to snow! I doubt that we'll get very much, but joy of joys!

In the UK, this has been a very odd March, weatherwise.
"Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long." ~ Ogden Nash
Lynnedean

Postby jewell » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:00 pm

It's April 23rd and it's snowing!

I am not happy!

AND it's supposed to freeze hard tonight (23 F. or -5 C.)

The snow's no fun and the freeze will likely kill everything.

Where's that Global Warming?!!

This is the latest I remember ever having a snow accumulation - there's 2 or so inches already. As a reference, the average frost free date here is April 27th.

I planted tomatos Sunday. I've got them in wall of water type protectors but 23 is coooold. I don't know if they'll make it. :-x Before I planted they were saying the low this week would be 29. Weathermen!

My life.

Jewell
"When they ask why, I'll go: well, it's the least, no, honestly, it's the very bloody least I could do!

"And not just decked him. No! Fried the devious, dirty bastard to a crisp in the luxury of his over-waxed car!"
jewell

Postby Lynnedean » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:21 pm

"Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long." ~ Ogden Nash
Lynnedean

Postby jewell » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:25 pm

You're welcome to stop by, Lynne.

Three inches and it's stopped for now.

J
"When they ask why, I'll go: well, it's the least, no, honestly, it's the very bloody least I could do!

"And not just decked him. No! Fried the devious, dirty bastard to a crisp in the luxury of his over-waxed car!"
jewell

Postby Wolesley » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:25 am

I think we may be feeling the effects of global warming here - it was only 2 degrees Celsius this morning, but by mid afternoon it was up to 18: a pleasant summer's day temperature. That's a rather big difference, and indicates something about the thinning of the ozone layer!

Three days ago there was a dusting of new snow on the local ski mountains, while we had freezing rain at sea level. It's getting very tricky to plan what to wear any given day!

Lesley
Wolesley

Postby bubbe » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:59 am

Lesley, I live two states below you, also, on the west coast. Beautiful northcoast country where it rains a lot in winter and temperatuures all year rarely go above 50-60F and the sun is a rare phenomen to celebrate . We have had four days so far of sun and temperatures between 60-65. Absolutely glorious! Instead of "have a good day" sales clerks say "enjoy the sun". I love the weather here, however, after living in LA for 40 years with its relentless sun and heat. I think I shall take a walk in the community forest among the redwoods tomorrow.
Well,um,he's...he's an American
bubbe

Postby Samfan » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:27 pm

Well, we are getting a mixture of rain and snow. Monday we were teased with a gloriously sunny day with temperatures in the 70 F range. Yesterday we had overcast skies in the morning, followed by a cold, windy rain in the afternoon and evening.

One day, probably soon, we are going to wake up to 90 F weather, and it won't get cooler until about November :sad:

Ah, spring in the US midwest.... :duh:

Samfan
"It's got so much chalk in it I'm not sure if we should eat it or write with it."
"What are you going to do for the rest of your life, fish? There's bigger fish to be caught here."
Samfan

Postby jewell » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:35 pm

Just checked the 'maters and it looks like they made it!

I don't think it got as cold as they said it might. The low I saw in town was 29 F - probably colder out here where my garden is. When I saw the rain gauge hadn't busted, (forgot to empty it, thought about it in the shower at home at 10:00 last night) I thought everything was going to be all right.

Maybe spring will be here soon.

Jewell

jewell

Postby Samfan » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:58 pm

My Weather Channel app indicates that we may be getting rain/snow showers here tonight through Friday. :biggrin:

It's a start!! :dancing6:

Samfan
"It's got so much chalk in it I'm not sure if we should eat it or write with it."
"What are you going to do for the rest of your life, fish? There's bigger fish to be caught here."
Samfan

Postby Lynnedean » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:58 am

Weather forecasts are warning about flooding in parts of the UK, Samfan. I guess it's an indication of climate change, as I don't remember such heavy rainfalls being regular occurrences in the autumn until in recent years.

I've got my fingers crossed for snow at some point over the next few months, but, as I lament every year, it's never a cert in my part of the British Midlands. Only yesterday, I changed the desktop wallpaper on my large dual computer monitors to a snow scene. Lovely! Here's hoping I have more than just a picture of the white stuff to look at this winter!
Lynnedean

Postby Samfan » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:10 pm

My parents in Southwest Lower Michigan awoke this morning to about a foot of snow, and closed schools. They got lake effect snow.

They emailed me pictures, and I'm jealous. We had a dusting here in my Indiana town (about an hour-and-a-half southwest of them). It's snowing again now, but it is supposed to be in the 50's (F) the next few days.

Here's hoping for more snow... :snowman:

Samfan
Samfan

Postby Lynnedean » Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:16 pm

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, look what I just found, Samfan - well, if I can't have the real thing ...
Lynnedean

Postby Samfan » Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:30 am

Samfan

Postby Wolesley » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:53 am

Really lovely video! Thanks, Lynne!

Lesley
Wolesley

Postby Sunshine » Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:29 pm

Hope everyone got through the rough weather in the U.S. Midwest well.
Just looked over the chapter on "Horse Racing and Illegal Rambling."

I haven't got the requisite capacity for deceit.
Sunshine

Postby foylefan » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:59 pm

Mesmerizing, Lynne!
foylefan

Postby ayresorchids » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:43 pm

I'm one of two employees who've arrived at work so far...

...And I do hope that you find somebody who deserves you.
ayresorchids

Postby Sunshine » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:56 pm

YIKES!!!!

We invite everyone to come on down to the Sunshine State and warm up...... :wave:
Just looked over the chapter on "Horse Racing and Illegal Rambling."

I haven't got the requisite capacity for deceit.
Sunshine

Postby Samfan » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:02 pm

Jealous.

Samfan
Samfan

Postby Lynnedean » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:54 pm

Lynnedean

PreviousNext

Return to Over the Back Fence