SNOW????

Hey there neighbour, what's new?

Re: SNOW????

Postby Wolesley » Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:03 pm

Lynne, I've got my little nose pressed to window in hopes that this app is correct - 100% chance of snow?! So far it's still raining. :rofl:

Happy holidays!
Lesley

ETA 20 mins. later: Okay...snow mixed with rain just now... :toetap:
I'm a pole selector; I select poles.
Wolesley

Postby Lynnedean » Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:28 pm

Wolesley wrote:Lynne, I've got my little nose pressed to window in hopes that this app is correct - 100% chance of snow?! So far it's still raining. :rofl:

No snow anywhere near me, I'm afraid. Where I am, it's fairly mild and a touch damp, and it's liable to stay that way. My sister in Nova Scotia called me on Facetime this afternoon to show me her husband shovelling the snow that they've got over there now. She has a twisted sense of humour, and if I get my way she'll have a neck to go with it! :-?
"Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long." ~ Ogden Nash
Lynnedean

Postby jewell » Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:36 pm

A couple of inches of the nasty stuff. Lots of fun clearing the vehicle with the wind whipping 'round.

-6 C with wind 16 mph gusts to 24. 90% chance of more.:rantblue:

I do not like it. At all.

J
"When they ask why, I'll go: well, it's the least, no, honestly, it's the very bloody least I could do!

"And not just decked him. No! Fried the devious, dirty bastard to a crisp in the luxury of his over-waxed car!"
jewell

Postby flybybee » Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:25 pm

It was 76 degrees F/24 degrees C here yesterday and has been that warm for a week. I'm beginning to think we'll not have winter much less snow. I'm sure the weather will turn on us quickly and with a vengeance any second now.
flybybee

Postby Samfan » Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:47 pm

We are getting a sleety-snow in Southwest Michigan. Windy, so the icy sleet is rather painful if you go out.

Samfan
"It's got so much chalk in it I'm not sure if we should eat it or write with it."
"What are you going to do for the rest of your life, fish? There's bigger fish to be caught here."
Samfan

Postby Wolesley » Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:17 pm

My sympathies to you in the U.S. midwest. I grew up on the east coast/Maritime provinces and remember those winters well! :yikes:

Lesley
I'm a pole selector; I select poles.
Wolesley

Postby Samfan » Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:25 am

...And now we have no electricity. Playing 5 card pinochle by candlelight.
"It's got so much chalk in it I'm not sure if we should eat it or write with it."
"What are you going to do for the rest of your life, fish? There's bigger fish to be caught here."
Samfan

Postby Samfan » Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:51 pm

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood! Snow showers mixed with sun this morning! :snowman:

Samfan

Postby Englishfan » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:00 pm

I love the snow and the days of land-lock due to snow in N. IL where I grew up.

I say that, but I'm not sorry that we were in a warm climate during the week of sub-zero weather over Christmas here back in "December of 2015!" I am sorry for the neighbors who shoveled for us....and we owe them. But days of lock-down due to weather were always so wonderful and safer than our current reasons for lock-downs. Love that snow.

Here in Denver, it melts quickly, though, unlike the Midwest where it starts at Thanksgiving and hangs on past Easter. I do feel for you, Samfan, as you will soon be enjoying dirty snow.

I hope everyone is safe there and no one's grandchildren need to be born at home due to the weather!

Englishfan
Englishfan

Postby kitchenwonder » Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:32 am

Englishfan wrote:Here in Denver, it melts quickly, though, ...Englishfan

I can attest to that!

I was in Denver on business (had to be the winter of either 1989-90 or 1990-91) when there was a blizzard. Fortunately, I had a snug hotel room and snacks. There was no way to get any food, except from vending machines if one had the right change, and they soon ran out.

Yes, the snow melted quickly...so quickly, in fact, that flooding followed and the airport (Stapleton at that time) was closed! I was stranded for several days before I could get a flight out. :awkward:
"Well...The Foyles, you know, always have been hard to resist." (Enemy Fire S3E2)
"If Michael Kitchen played a corpse, you would still watch him more than anyone else." (Jaci Stephen, The Mail, November 3, 2002)
kitchenwonder

Postby Englishfan » Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:38 am

kitchenwonder wrote:Yes, the snow melted quickly...so quickly, in fact, that flooding followed and the airport (Stapleton at that time) was closed! I was stranded for several days before I could get a flight out. :awkward:

Shoot! Wish you had my info then as I had plenty of food and room for you!

Alert to all: Stranded in Denver? Give me a pm and i"ll find you!

Englishfan
Englishfan

Postby kitchenwonder » Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:48 am

Englishfan wrote:Shoot! Wish you had my info then as I had plenty of food and room for you!

Alert to all: Stranded in Denver? Give me a pm and i"ll find you!

Englishfan

Thanks! I'll keep that in mind! :thankyou:
"Well...The Foyles, you know, always have been hard to resist." (Enemy Fire S3E2)
"If Michael Kitchen played a corpse, you would still watch him more than anyone else." (Jaci Stephen, The Mail, November 3, 2002)
kitchenwonder

Postby Sunshine » Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:56 pm

The problem here is that we have zig-zag weather - one day of beautiful weather, followed by a miserable day of rain and high humidity, followed by one day of beautiful weather, followed by.....well, you get the idea. Havoc on sinuses and the like. :flu:
Just looked over the chapter on "Horse Racing and Illegal Rambling."

I haven't got the requisite capacity for deceit.
Sunshine

Postby Englishfan » Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:32 am

I think you are in FLA. I remember that weather in N.O. when we lived there. Sorry, but buy stock in sinus med manufactures, and you'll be happy when you get an infection even though you are miserable.

Englishfan
Englishfan

Postby flybybee » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:57 pm

We didn't get the brunt of the US east coast storm that we were supposed to, but there's a foot of snow on the ground and in my mountainous part of the state that still causes headaches for days. Just dug the cars out and will venture forth later as it warms up a bit-can't stand being stuck in the house anymore! It sure is beautiful right now, but dirty snow on the way, I guess....

I hope others of you in the storm are faring well!
flybybee

Postby Lynnedean » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:42 pm

I've been listening to news reports from areas such NY with regard to snow storms. When, as I am, you're retired, don't have to go out, and plenty of food in the larder, you can afford to think of snow as a Fun Thing and wish you and some of it. I do realise, however, that it causes problems for those in other circumstances. I do hope that any of our members who, right now, are having difficulties because of seriously heavy snowfalls, are managing to cope and will see a relief from it soon.
"Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long." ~ Ogden Nash
Lynnedean

Postby Sunshine » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:02 pm

Well, it's gotten cold enough here to affect the lizards:

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/a ... 41685.html
Just looked over the chapter on "Horse Racing and Illegal Rambling."

I haven't got the requisite capacity for deceit.
Sunshine

Postby amiga » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:16 pm

Sunshine wrote:Well, it's gotten cold enough here to affect the lizards:

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/a ... 41685.html

Considering that there seems to be more and more of them, and they seem to be getting bigger and bigger, can't say I'm exactly in mourning.

Dodged a big bullet as I was supposed to go up to NY and decided against it. As chilly as it has gotten here, it beats trudging through that much snow. Been there, done that, and hope to never do it again.

Amiga
"He's the man men want to be, and the man women want to be with. A good definition of sexy." Anonymous
amiga

Postby Englishfan » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:36 pm

Sunshine wrote:Well, it's gotten cold enough here to affect the lizards:

Try opening this or cutting and pasting it to your browser. It's about a Lizard Warning on a highway in the NE, but misspelled Blizzard.

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/phot ... 1.11354693

I hope it opens. I am watching the Broncos vs Patriots and don't have time to test it. Not saying who I"m for in the game. But I am concentrating on it.

Englishfan
Mary
Englishfan

Postby Rhonllor » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:54 pm

Englishfan wrote: I am watching the Broncos vs Patriots and don't have time to test it. Not saying who I"m for in the game. But I am concentrating on it.

Englishfan
Mary

Go Broncos! :D

Rhonda
Rhonllor

PreviousNext

Return to Over the Back Fence